on 22 January 2013
Slightly sceptical about these moisture absorber, since my car produced massive amounts of condensation inside, which froze during winter. I put just one of these moisture absorbers into the car one evening, and by the morning there was not a drop of condensation in the vehicle. Impressive! I haven't tried drying it out yet, but it's been a few days and it's still absorbing perfectly. Makes getting the car ready for work significantly quicker and easier!
22 comments|112 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 17 January 2015
You get two good quality mesh bags, closed with a velcro strip and with a small strap you can use to hang them up. Inside is a second fabric (cotton?) drawstring bag containing the silicagel granules. Also a cardboard strip with a series of coloured dots that change to indicate when you need to recharge.

I use these in my van to help with condensation. One sits in the cab and has been effective - I don't have to scrape frozen condensation off the inside of the screen before I can go. The second is behind the bulkhead in the back. This one has cut down the damp, but the space is too big and I'll be looking at getting more (or another solution.

It's important to know that these work in *enclosed* spaces. Don't expect it to work like a powered de-humidifier.

Recharging is easy - a set of notes gives you three ways - radiator, microwave and fan oven. I only really use the oven method - which takes an hour or so but is dead easy. It's also the most thorough and effective of the three.

The supplier, Seal Products, were efficient and did everything they were supposed to.

In summary, effective, fair price and well made - recommended.
on 13 April 2013
Great results with moisture bags,noticed a difference immediately,would recommend,I wish I had known about them sooner has made such a difference,thanks
on 6 June 2013
Great product just what I needed for my leaky car cleared all condensation on inside from day one thoroughly recommend for anyone who wakes upto a damp smelly car in morning
on 27 February 2013
After all the problems of misted up windows in our car, condensation problems are now a thing of the past since installing these, well worth it.
on 4 January 2016
I own an oldish car which has a leak somewhere, and consequently I am fighting a losing battle with damp. The only real issue this caused me is the condensation on the windows which I had to deal with before setting off which could take the best part of 5-10 minutes to sort. In the winter it would also from time to time freeze, meaning that after de-icing the outside of my car I would have to also do the inside.

Last year after thinking of ways to assist me I stumbled across these which seemed excellent value for money, 2x 1 kilo bags for £13.75 (at the time, now cheaper) compared to a lot of similar products was by far the best value out of all the alternative options. After reading mixed reviews (on this, and other similar products) I took a gamble, sceptical and not really knowing what to expect.

I keep one on the passenger side dashboard for the windscreen and the other sits on top of the parcel shelf in my boot for the back window (which is worse as the boot is the source of the damp.) Although these may not be a complete solution to the problem, they contribute more than I could have ever expected. It takes a large amount more variation in temperature to leave condensation on the windscreen, and when there is any, it is only a very thin layer which only takes a quick wipe/blast from the heaters to resolve.

I personally don't find the indicator strip very useful (I think because I'm colour blind rather than because it doesn't indicate properly) but I don't really rely on it anyway. I try to from time to time take them out of the car for a day and leave them on the radiator to allow the moisture to extracted from the dehumidifier which seems to do the trick.

These have seen me through two winters so far, and hopefully have a few more in them still! Extremely glad I made this purchase, and would recommend them to anybody suffering from a similar problem with condensation inside their car.
on 27 January 2016
I've had one of these in the car for about 6 days so far, and I have had no moisture or droplets on the windscreen at all since putting one on the dash when I park up. My drive faces the sunrise, and can get really badly misted up with large drops of water forming on the inside of the screen... So I'm very pleased so far. Will see how long it takes before it needs drying out.

If I have one gripe... it's the the top of the bag is simply held closed by a velcro strip and the beads are simply loose inside. If you turn the bag upside down... it can leak. It really needs a zip of some kind of tie to close it as well as the velcro. That's why I've only given it 4 stars... it's good, but needs a little improving.
on 27 April 2013
What a brilliant product! I use these in a classic car which I have to keep outside. There was always condensation on the windows and damp was causing the interior to deteriorate. The dehumidifier bags have gone a long way to removing the problem, but you do have to remember to dry them out every couple of weeks for the best result.
on 1 January 2016
I think I was half hoping for something amazing that would suck all of the moisture out of my car. Not quite that efficient but it has made a difference. It seems to absorb enough moisture that my windscreen clears much quicker than it used to. Definitely helps and worth using in my opinion.
on 18 February 2015
I've used quite a few moisture traps this has been by far my favorite and most effective, I own a convertible car it suffers quite bad with condensation and just basic leaks due to old seals not doing their job I chuck these on the floor due to how severe the leak is I tend to have to dry them out every week.

Signs that they're full, you can feel the weight of the captured moisture it is very notisable and it comes with a little bit of card that seems to detect moisture levels in the bag somehow I don't question how it does it but it does a pretty good job at it I must admit.

Drying their are three methods of drying these bags:
1. Plonk them on a radiator, this takes forever to do I wouldn't suggest it myself
2. Throw just the white back in a microwave for 5 minutes let it dry and repeat the process till it stops steaming, this can be tedious I end up microwaving it about 10-15 times really so not ideal.
3. Empty out the bags into some kind of tray and put them in the oven on 120c for 1 to 2 hours problem being you face the issue of getting them back into the bag with minimal spillage, that part is very hard to do.