Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
I do a fair bit of swimming, at least twice a week and spend over an hour in the pool on each visit and over the years I have gotten through a fair number of goggles, wear and tear and loss etc. I was currently on my umpteenth pair of Speedo's as they are always reliable, but I have tried other brands such as Maru, but these are my first Zoggs, and I think I may be a convert.

They claim a number of firsts with these. They have `curved lens technology' so that you retain peripheral vision, and yes they do and yes you can. They have photochromatic lens' so that they tint in strong light and have UV protection, and once again I agree it actually works. The seal is `softseal' which moulds to the contours of your face and yes they do but also they make a really water tight seal without having to overly tighten the head strap, so you stop noticing that you are wearing them after a while as they seem a bit effortless. This is combined with what they call a 4 `flexpoint' technology for a comfy fit, and as I just pointed out - yes it really does work. They are also dead easy to adjust, I actually broke a pair once that were awkward to adjust, so this is always welcomed.

Then the last one that being the claim that they are anti fog; well I have had three pairs claim the same thing and they have all let me down, some staying fog free for mere seconds, others lasting minutes. Well after two weeks plus of using these, they have not fogged up once. I even wore them in the steam room to see if they would cloud up, well the lenses fogged on the outside, but not on the inside, so all I can say is I am well impressed. The name is a bit on the' oh dear' side calling them `Predator' but hey what's in a name?

The colour design may not be to everybody's taste, but they do stand out and I think look rather good. They also come in a little case to avoid scratching in transit. All in all an excellent pair of swim goggles that should enhance your swimming experience for the better.

EDIT: After some 4 weeks plus of using these, yesterday they steamed or fogged up and I did nothing different whilst using them. I let them clear and they carried on doing it, so I have now taken off a star. I will continue to see how they perform and report back.
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
These goggles are really easy to adjust and within seconds I had the correct fit. The goggles seemed to distort my vision ever so slightly when I first put them on but I think that may be due to them being photo chromatic lenses and this seemed less noticeable as I got used to wearing them. It wasn't the sunniest of days but they definitely reduced some of the glare. I look forward to using them when I am on holiday and the sun is shining much more! Once in the pool the goggles stayed on well, were comfortable to wear and did not let in any water, even when I dived underwater. After I had finished my swim I gave them a rinse and a quick dry and put them back into the handy case, it's very sturdy and will protect them well. I have deducted a point only because the instructions suggest that the nose bridge can be adjusted but this is not the case.
on 18 December 2014
THE REACT TO LIGHT FEATURE IS NOT GREAT. IN CYPRUS I PREFER MY REGULAR POLARISED ZOGGS BECAUSE THE SUN IS SO BRIGHT. INSIDE THEY ARE OK. BEARING IN MIND THE PRICE I RECOMMEND GETTING A PAIR OF POLARISED FOR OUTSIDE SUNNY USE AND A CLEAR PAIR FOR INDOOR OR CLOUDY DAY USE OUTSIDE. I HAVE MANY PAIRS OF ZOGGS AND I WOULD PREFER IT TO ANY OTHER BRAND THOUGH
on 14 April 2015
Used for open water swimming for full season and did me well..steamed up a lot indoors but would calm down after a bit,with ow use they were awesome..starting to go bit funky inside round edges now but probably my fault for not looking after them as much as I should,rinsing etc..case is ideal and now used for new predators (but still have them as backups)..just be careful with initial set up as ratchet release grip is fem, but once set its happy days 👍🏊😎
on 23 January 2015
expensive for goggles and steam up very very easily, now just sit at bottom of my swim kit and I decide between clear or tinted googles on day of the swim, two pairs I use cost less than one pair of these!
VINE VOICEon 17 August 2013
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
I have taken these swimming a few times now to test them out and I am pretty happy with them. Starting from the beginning:

1) They come with a hard case so as not to damage them in your bag. The case is pretty big compared to the goggles but it does the job.
2) Adjustment was easy, it took me less than a minute to get them comfortable and waterproof. They feel very secure when fitted.
3) When you wear them they kind of sucker onto your eye sockets which creates a very secure seal - I wear contact lenses so feel very comfortable that they won't leak - after about half an hour I did find them a bit tight but haven't got round to loosening them a notch or so yet
4) They did fog up the first time I wore them but didn't the second time so maybe they needed to bed in a little
5) Vision is excellent with a good range of view
6) I only tried them indoor swimming so didn't test the darkening effect. I guest in the UK that 95% of swimming is not going to happen in the sun so maybe not a massive selling point in the UK!
7) For an extreme test I wore the goggles under an aqua massaging waterfall at a local spa and they stayed water tight - I also wore them in my power shower at home and again they stayed watertight with the shower on maximum :-)

On the whole pretty happy. A solid pair of goggles but perhaps a tad on the expensive side to warrant five stars.
on 23 November 2013
I swim a fair bit and race in triathlons. I wanted something that would give me good vision both indoors and for openwater swimming. My face shape doesnt suit many of the "triathlon specific" designs. The goggle are comfortable, leak free, dont fog ( not yet anyway ) and offer good peripheral vision with the benefit of photoreactive lenses. They even come in a nice case to keep these rather expensive pair of goggles safe.
on 16 May 2015
Bought these as was fed up with shelling out for Speedo googles which only last a few weeks before fogging up. Unfortunately these proved to be even more of a waste of money. After less than 4 Lengths of a 25 meter indoor pool they had fogged up completely! Really disappointing considering the price. The only positive to these is they are an excellent fit, very comfortable and no leaks (unlike speedos). Would recommend as long as you don't mind shelling out more money for some anti-fog spray. I recommend muck-off works for a while hours swim set.
on 28 January 2016
Okay first up I don't own these. I borrowed them off a colleague this week because It's time to replace my Speedo Futura Biofuse after 5 or 6 years and I'm shopping around. I've swam three swims with them 1x 1.5km indoor and 2x ~2.25km outdoor. So I don't have long term usage of them, but I also tested a pair that have been run in.

My initial response to the name when they were recommended to me was that it sounded like a ridiculous mens razor. 'mach 8, turbo, power, edge, glide, vmax'. To be honest my opinion of them is pretty much the same - a perfectly good goggle without flaws, but totally over the top on features that just push the price up.

I liked the knowledge that it was the maximum UV coating or outdoor swimming. It's often hard to find out how much UV resistance "UV protection" goggles actually provide, so this was a real bonus. The fit is also easy and water tight. Bare in mind these were adjusted for someone else and I had to remove the strap and wash thoroughly before and after using them, so that was a bonus too.

There weren't really many cons, just features I didnt see much point in. The reactor lenses actually seemed a bad idea though. When you are resting they are going dark, and when you are swimming they are getting lighter because your head is submerged. In an indoor pool they are utterly pointless, and in an outdoor pool, I can't help but think you'd be better off with just smoked and mirrored lenses. The reality is that you could buy a pair of clear or blue lensed goggles for indoor swimming and a pair of smoked or mirrored goggles for outdoor swimming for the price of the predator flex reactor turbo extreme super dooper goggles. The 'wide angle' view took a bit of getting used to but is quite good if the pool is crowded, but then this is available on the standard half-the-price predators.

Other than that I couldn't find any discernible difference between them and my speedo futura. Both easy to adjust, both fit snug, both good goggles. It's only the price that's the difference, and possibly the UV rating, but then the kids zoggs say uv400 on them, so I'd be surprised if the standard predators don't have it.

I'll be sticking with the Speedo Futura Biofuse, purely because these have lasted so me so long, but really based on using these I'd imagine the standard zoggs predators are equally as suitable. The only difference between the two brands seems to be the wider viewing angle on the predators. I couldn’t for the life of me tell you if this is a good thing though. It's certainly not a deal maker. As for these... like I say, great goggles, but mirrored lenses would be cheaper, simpler and better. At this price, I really recommend getting an indoor and an outdoor pair of goggles for the same price. If you don't swim outdoors, lets be honest, you don't need these - get some clear lenses, or if you get a lot of glare at your local pool, some blue lenses.

**Just a footnote on "fogging":
There's very few goggle reviews you'll see where this isn't a thing, or doesn't become a thing. This happens to all goggles, some sooner, some later. Fogging happens sooner if you clean or touch the inside of your goggles, if they are dirty, or if you have makeup on. You can waste a lot of money chasing fog-free goggles and then buying new ones a few months later when it wears off. I seriously recommend just buying de-fogger and treating your goggles every few weeks. I've used Zogg's "Fogbuster" for years and it's amazing - it resurrected my Futura's after they went through the washing machine and kept them going until the seal finally gave out. It's also better than the manufaturer's coating, even if it wears off faster. Just treat it as essential goggle maintenance and you'll be laughing.
VINE VOICEon 30 July 2013
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
Comfortable to wear even with my huge head (60cm) the seal on my eyes seems perfect and the modern look and feel is amazing. The goggles also seem quite streamline which may also be important to some. They remind me a little of the yellow goggles I (and many others) had as a child, very comfortable but not as bulky. I haven't used them for swimming yet but off to Center Parcs before the end of the week, I'll keep you updated.

Whilst on holiday I used them everyday they are comfortable and a great water seal, if you get kicked in the eye on the rapids, the suction can feel like it's going to pull your eyeball mind!

The reactor glass is pretty good in direct sunlight but not much protection from the blaze of the sun. I did notice the glass going darker whilst in the outside pool, however they stayed clear in the glass dome which was a little disappointing.

I would still give them 5 stars due to their comfort and seal.