Style Name: ExpertChange
Price:£89.94 - £262.43

on 25 November 2013
I love this keyboard. It's joy using it.
It feels great typing with it, the green backlight is very bright (configurable), and it has some cool features like the gaming mode and those macros.

Every single key is completely customizable. For example: you can switch the Y and Z keys, if you're not using the UK system language.

Also the palm rest is awesome. Your hands won't slip off, and like I've said before- feels great while using it.

About the took them 1 week to get the item from UK to Central Europe, which is OK IMO.
They've sent me the exact time of arrival, and it came on that day.

And after all...this is Razer we're talking about. So you can count on it.
on 25 April 2015
I bought this keyboard to replace my extremely old logitech g15.
Out of the box, I was surprised how thin and light it felt in comparison to my old one. I immediately plugged it into my ps4 (waiting for my new pc to turn up) and started typing to see how it feels. It's great! The keys are very low profile - as in they don't feel the need to stick up like frozen Nippels! Because of this, when typing into chat bars my hands and fingers just glide across the keyboard without putting any effort into finding each key. Also the keys are pretty quiet, so I won't feel my self getting a headache after an hour of typing etc.
Another bonus is that the @ and " keys are in the "right" place!
The gaming mode is easily accessible - simply press the FN key and F10, then you can't accidently click things like the windows key, alt+f4 etc.
You also have the same ease of access to setting up macro keys, using FN and F9 to start and finish recording the macro.
As I spend my gaming time sat on my couch in front of a large TV, it was important that I buy a keyboard that would feel comfortable on my lap and this one does, and the back light will be great when I'm in lowlight mode at home.
One issue that nearly put me off buying is that quite a few people have reported having issues with the space bar. While I haven't used the product long enough to say whether or not this seems to be a problem, so far it has felt fine. It doesn't feel loose or flimsy, and currently I'm not worried about it. If it does become an issue I will of course update my review

So to summarise, if you want a "basic" gamers keyboard that seems to be built to last, and don't want to risk buying a "no name" brand with potential problems and no warranty, I recommend this. If you want something more flashy (which i myself may do when budget allows) then check out razers website and go through their keyboards, there are some fantastic looking gadgets in there!
on 23 February 2015
Ok, I admit I love gadgets and gizmos and I therefore love this keyboard. If you take the time to set-up the display it functions great (the media player is a bit finicky but it's well worth the effort as having your music or a film playing on the keyboard's own screen while you work is a great option to have).

It's very easy to set-up macros for launching specific applications and the switchblade keys can all be customised with any image you desire as can the main large touchpad screen. The system performance monitor application (which shows a real time graphical representation of the demands on your system's resources such as HDD, RAM and CPU) is useful and looks really cool in operation.

The keys are not mechanical but one benefit of this is that they are nice and quiet. These are the best keys I have used so far on a non mechanical keyboard, they seem have, what is for me, the perfect amount of travel and response but this is subjective.

In the end, if you take the time to understand how this keyboard works and set it up accordingly its a great and useful addition to your set-up. If you want something that you do not have to put any effort into understanding and just want to plug and play you'll never get the full benefit and you'll never get as much fun from it.

At the end of the day I unashamedly bought this because I like cool looking gadgets and this certainly is that - therefore I have nothing to complain about what so ever. Whether this is value for money depends rather heavily on how much you want it - you don't NEED it but if you WANT it it's worth the money right?

Downside: there is precious little support for games where this keyboard really should come into its own but there's plenty of productivity and 'cool' stuff!
on 31 December 2013
Well I spend some time looking at keyboards as had the whole conversation as to which is best mechanical or a low profile keyboard. I have found this keyboard to be excellent. I play a lot of FPS, RTS and MMOs and so you can program the macro keys for different commands through the downloaded software. It has a good feel to it and I have some friends who have seen it and are now considering purchasing it for themselves. Great job.
on 20 July 2014
I was bored so I bought one of these to replace my low profile Logitech keyboard

The fact that this keyboard has low profile keys is very nice, it makes typing and gaming require so much less effort.

As with any other Razer product, you should use Razer Synapse 2.0 to get the best out of it. Through this is was able to rebind the useless right click button to task manager, the scrolllock button to mute mic and create create profiles for all my games.

The backlight is amazingly bright and the famous Razer green colour.

However, it is expensive, especially when you consider it isn't mechanical. Another issue I occasionally get is when I'm playing an fps and the keyboard jams, requiring me to unplug and replug it.

Edit: Built a new computer and no longer seem to have jamming issue, probably a problem with the port or motherboard.
on 30 June 2014
Nice Keyboard but US layout only. Wish I had known that as I would have bought something else.
on 27 August 2014
From a Gamer's perspective looking for a keyboard that has to fit the bill could take hours. For this reason i did a bit of research on Razer and its other products.

For the price and quality of the product it is a win win.

The back-lit keys have the perfect brightness for when you're playing in the dark and if you're feeling fancy you could use synapse 2.0 and set the lighting to a pulsing effect.

Movement across the keys are smooth, If you're quick at typing like myself there are minimal errors, the keys are a perfect size also. The Font of the keys is... Different but you adjust easily.

The wrist rest is at the perfect angle and it just feels comfortable.

For price and quality i recommend this keyboard 100%

Only thing that spoiled the experience through amazon was the Courier 'City-Link' They made a massive balls up and would never recommend using them again, i just hope my next order isn't delivered through them
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 14 November 2014
It's a great keyboard it feels strong, well built and the keys are unite nice to type on. I previously had a Logitech DiNovo which was also low profile chciken keys but they felt more clicky where the Razers are a little spongier but not in an un satisfying unresponsive way. The backlight is great every key is individually lit so there aren't 'dull sections'. My only reservation is the attached program Razer Synapse used for gaming profiles program macros etc seems to use a lot of memory in the background however I don't play games all that much and when I do the inbuilt anti-ghosting is all I require so most of the time I have it turned off.
on 9 February 2015
This keyboard is awesome!

Firstly, if you're looking for something aesthetically pleasing then the deathstalker inevitably ticks that box. The back lit green keys are awesome, and if they're too bright for you the innovative Razer synapse 2.0 allows you to customise the brightness to your exact preference, you can also alter brightness with the function buttons on the board.

The keys are significantly different if this is your first proper gaming keyboard, they have a somewhat satisfying feel up on pressing each key, really lets you know that you've pressed that key, which is somewhat reassuring on certain games that used WASD regularly. Further, with the inbuilt 'gaming mode', this allows you to turn of key binds that are likely to tab you out of the game or reset the computer etc. Alt tab being the main one for me personally. There are many features compiled into the 'FN' (function) button, holding this whilst pressing the F buttons allows features such as sound control, music skipping, gaming mode, led brightness and even a pause break button. Although the titles suggests this is an expert keyboard, i would strongly recommend this for newcomers to the gaming hardware industry. Clear and defined instructions make the keyboard a breeze to set up.

The design is lightweight and the keys feel durable, the only negative I would suggest is that when writing in depth pieces of work I would argue that the keys may be a little difficult to maintain a steady flow without hitting other keys. But other than for writing, the keyboard fills all purposes suggested, and the anti-ghosting is legit, as some other companies really do exaggerate the extent to which that feature works.

Finally, just to mention the razer synapse software that is included when installing the keyboard, it is a remarkable piece of software of which is completely free of charge with the keyboard; it allows you to add custom key binds, see a heat map and in depth statistics of all keys used during specific games and so on. This keyboard is a valuable asset to any gamer and provides considerable value for money!
on 11 July 2014
Hummed and ahhhhed over buying this keyboard for a long time. I'm a big fan of Razer products, specifically the gaming mice. So I thought this level of excellence would be extended to the keyboards. It really pains me to have to admit that this keyboard just didn't work for me. Switching from an ageing saitek eclipse I thought this was the right move. As it turns out I'm back on the eclipse while I research it's replacement. As I had to return this in the end.

To echo other reviewers sentiments it does come across as style over substance. It looks beautiful, the green glow from the keys is simply outstanding. The modern typeface used took a while to get used to as did the key spacing and the flatness of the actual profile. The key presses are a little soft and not a nice tactile feel to them either.

However I got used to it and started to get comfortable with it. Playing games such as Airland battle and ARMA 3 I found certain keys difficult to press, specifically the left control key. As usually have my baby finger hanging off the edge if this key. This wasn't possible with this type of keyboard. This will be down to me not using these type of keys before. As I usually have the raised keyboards.

The main problem with this keyboard was the entire reason I sent it back. I think it was like this from the word go but I overlooked it as I can type a little too fast for my own good at times. So I thought the errors etc appearing where of my own doing. They weren't, basically keys where repeating. This became more prominent whilst typing up some copy for a design project. Sometimes a double key press or a triple but then it started to get worse. To the point I was spending more time correcting emails and copy than actual design. I don't think it was the synapse software and I'm not entirely sure if it was a hardware issue either. I searched the net for some answers but only discovered one other case as I desperately wanted to keep the keyboard as I liked the look of it, albeit more than the actual performance. I also noticed unresponsive keys from time to time.

So I couldn't resolve the issue or find anything on the net about it so I had to return it to amazon. It was outside of the usual 3 weeks. However Amazon, having the level of customer service they do, it was returned for a full refund and collected. All of this was arranged on a Sunday too, outstanding from amazon.

So gutted to have to let it go really but I wouldn't really say the keyboard is worth the price tag. It does look awesome, build quality is good but the key feedback is pretty spongy. It is also hard to get used to if you haven't used chiclet keys before. The sleek lines of the keyboard are cool and the textured palm rest is a nice feature. But the lights, they are sooooooooooo good. Seriously bright, at night you can navigate the keyboard extremely easily.

So it is a lovely looking bit of kit but the issues I had with it where a massive deal breaker. I'm sure it may have just been a faulty product but didn't want to risk a replacement going the same way. I hate to downrate razer but on this occasion the product I received wasn't up to scratch.