Style Name: ExpertChange

on 25 November 2013
I love this keyboard. It's joy using it.
It feels great typing with it, the green backlight is very bright (configurable), and it has some cool features like the gaming mode and those macros.

Every single key is completely customizable. For example: you can switch the Y and Z keys, if you're not using the UK system language.

Also the palm rest is awesome. Your hands won't slip off, and like I've said before- feels great while using it.

About the shipment...it took them 1 week to get the item from UK to Central Europe, which is OK IMO.
They've sent me the exact time of arrival, and it came on that day.

And after all...this is Razer we're talking about. So you can count on it.
on 19 December 2015
Delivery Time:
I ordered the Razer Deathstalker Chroma on Thursday 17th December 2015. The estimated time of arrival was Monday 21st December 2015. I tracked the package the next day on the 18th and it said Sunday 20th December. I then woke up on 19th December and the package came that day! Impeccable delivery from Amazon.

Keyboard:
The keyboard itself is lighter than some gaming keyboards. Each key have a 2mm thickness and each key is easy to press. With Razer Synapse, the keyboard has five pre-set effects; wave, breathing, spectrum cycling, static and none. Razer Synapse also allows you to add your custom effects with three customizable zones. Each key on the Razer Deathstalker Chroma is customizable in the Razer Synapse software. The keyboard also allows you to switch to 'Gaming Mode', which disables the use of Ctrl+F4, the windows key and other keys that are known to take you out of a game, when accidentally pressed. Although the keyboard doesn't have special keys set for media purposes like most gaming keyboards, Razer Synapse allows you to create multiple profiles so that you can choose which one to use to match what you're using the keyboard for. The chroma effects are easily customizable, with a simple layout in the Razer Synapse software; Allowing you to change the colour, brightness and direction of the chroma effects.

Overall, playing games with the Razer Deathstalker Chroma is easy and I personally don't find any problems with using it. I have played an hour of Grand Theft Auto Five with the Razer Deathstalker Chroma and it's safe to say that this is one of the best keyboards that I have purchased. At first, the keyboard layout took about 2-4 minutes to get used to, but I would definitely recommend this product to anyone having difficulties with finding a gaming keyboard. The only downside of the Razer Deathstalker Chroma is that it doesn't have as many effects as the Razer Blackwidow Chroma, for example, the Razer Blackwidow Chroma has a ripple effect, whilst the Deathstalker Chroma does not. Razer Deathstalker Chroma Membrane Gaming Keyboard - Multi Colour
on 25 April 2015
I bought this keyboard to replace my extremely old logitech g15.
Out of the box, I was surprised how thin and light it felt in comparison to my old one. I immediately plugged it into my ps4 (waiting for my new pc to turn up) and started typing to see how it feels. It's great! The keys are very low profile - as in they don't feel the need to stick up like frozen Nippels! Because of this, when typing into chat bars my hands and fingers just glide across the keyboard without putting any effort into finding each key. Also the keys are pretty quiet, so I won't feel my self getting a headache after an hour of typing etc.
Another bonus is that the @ and " keys are in the "right" place!
The gaming mode is easily accessible - simply press the FN key and F10, then you can't accidently click things like the windows key, alt+f4 etc.
You also have the same ease of access to setting up macro keys, using FN and F9 to start and finish recording the macro.
As I spend my gaming time sat on my couch in front of a large TV, it was important that I buy a keyboard that would feel comfortable on my lap and this one does, and the back light will be great when I'm in lowlight mode at home.
One issue that nearly put me off buying is that quite a few people have reported having issues with the space bar. While I haven't used the product long enough to say whether or not this seems to be a problem, so far it has felt fine. It doesn't feel loose or flimsy, and currently I'm not worried about it. If it does become an issue I will of course update my review

So to summarise, if you want a "basic" gamers keyboard that seems to be built to last, and don't want to risk buying a "no name" brand with potential problems and no warranty, I recommend this. If you want something more flashy (which i myself may do when budget allows) then check out razers website and go through their keyboards, there are some fantastic looking gadgets in there!
on 23 February 2015
Ok, I admit I love gadgets and gizmos and I therefore love this keyboard. If you take the time to set-up the display it functions great (the media player is a bit finicky but it's well worth the effort as having your music or a film playing on the keyboard's own screen while you work is a great option to have).

It's very easy to set-up macros for launching specific applications and the switchblade keys can all be customised with any image you desire as can the main large touchpad screen. The system performance monitor application (which shows a real time graphical representation of the demands on your system's resources such as HDD, RAM and CPU) is useful and looks really cool in operation.

The keys are not mechanical but one benefit of this is that they are nice and quiet. These are the best keys I have used so far on a non mechanical keyboard, they seem have, what is for me, the perfect amount of travel and response but this is subjective.

In the end, if you take the time to understand how this keyboard works and set it up accordingly its a great and useful addition to your set-up. If you want something that you do not have to put any effort into understanding and just want to plug and play you'll never get the full benefit and you'll never get as much fun from it.

At the end of the day I unashamedly bought this because I like cool looking gadgets and this certainly is that - therefore I have nothing to complain about what so ever. Whether this is value for money depends rather heavily on how much you want it - you don't NEED it but if you WANT it it's worth the money right?

Downside: there is precious little support for games where this keyboard really should come into its own but there's plenty of productivity and 'cool' stuff!
on 4 December 2015
I've had absolutely no problems what so ever with this keyboard. It is smart, slick and stylish to look at with its beautifully backlit keys and its customisable keys through Razer Synapse (free software from their website). The palm rest is very comfortable as it allows both hands to be relaxed when typing and the texture fits well with the Razer logo embedded in the centre of it. The only criticism of this product it just for when designing future generations, it would be really useful to have bindable keys devoted for customisation, I know this can be done in Synapse but that requires subbing out current keys. Overall the keyboard feels great, looks great and works great.
review image
on 20 July 2014
I was bored so I bought one of these to replace my low profile Logitech keyboard

The fact that this keyboard has low profile keys is very nice, it makes typing and gaming require so much less effort.

As with any other Razer product, you should use Razer Synapse 2.0 to get the best out of it. Through this is was able to rebind the useless right click button to task manager, the scrolllock button to mute mic and create create profiles for all my games.

The backlight is amazingly bright and the famous Razer green colour.

However, it is expensive, especially when you consider it isn't mechanical. Another issue I occasionally get is when I'm playing an fps and the keyboard jams, requiring me to unplug and replug it.

Edit: Built a new computer and no longer seem to have jamming issue, probably a problem with the port or motherboard.
on 22 June 2015
Brilliant keyboard! This is a great product for the price, if you are looking for a good keyboard for your YouTube videos this is the one...
review image
on 14 November 2014
It's a great keyboard it feels strong, well built and the keys are unite nice to type on. I previously had a Logitech DiNovo which was also low profile chciken keys but they felt more clicky where the Razers are a little spongier but not in an un satisfying unresponsive way. The backlight is great every key is individually lit so there aren't 'dull sections'. My only reservation is the attached program Razer Synapse used for gaming profiles program macros etc seems to use a lot of memory in the background however I don't play games all that much and when I do the inbuilt anti-ghosting is all I require so most of the time I have it turned off.
on 8 February 2016
Spongy keys are the main driver behind my low score here.

I bought this keyboard because I love the feel of laptop & Apple-esque keyboards - I find them effortless to type on - but until now there was never a fully-featured and multi-coloured backlit variant for those of us who like to mix up our general web and typing use with some late night gaming. Hats off to Razer for attempting to fill this niche.

Unfortunately, the aforementioned effortless typing experience isn't mirrored here. The Deathstalker keys are 'spongy' - requiring almost as much effort to depress as the chunky old-school 90s style mechanical keyboards most hardcore gamers like (and which I'm trying to get away from!) The lack of a satisfying light-click tactile response came as both a surprise and major disappointment for me, and it means the search for a comfortable, backlit, low-profile keyboard I can use for both gaming and for surfing/writing goes on.

If you're not bothered by the feel of the keys then there is plenty to like here - individually lit keys (i.e. no light bleed), three zone lighting and all the colours of the rainbow to suit your mood, and the wrist-rest looks smart whilst not being too intrusive if you don't use such things. The cable is cheap though - lacking the more durable braiding you expect to see on premium keyboards. However there's no getting away from the feel of the keyboard for me, the mushy keys ruin it.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 9 February 2015
This keyboard is awesome!

Firstly, if you're looking for something aesthetically pleasing then the deathstalker inevitably ticks that box. The back lit green keys are awesome, and if they're too bright for you the innovative Razer synapse 2.0 allows you to customise the brightness to your exact preference, you can also alter brightness with the function buttons on the board.

The keys are significantly different if this is your first proper gaming keyboard, they have a somewhat satisfying feel up on pressing each key, really lets you know that you've pressed that key, which is somewhat reassuring on certain games that used WASD regularly. Further, with the inbuilt 'gaming mode', this allows you to turn of key binds that are likely to tab you out of the game or reset the computer etc. Alt tab being the main one for me personally. There are many features compiled into the 'FN' (function) button, holding this whilst pressing the F buttons allows features such as sound control, music skipping, gaming mode, led brightness and even a pause break button. Although the titles suggests this is an expert keyboard, i would strongly recommend this for newcomers to the gaming hardware industry. Clear and defined instructions make the keyboard a breeze to set up.

The design is lightweight and the keys feel durable, the only negative I would suggest is that when writing in depth pieces of work I would argue that the keys may be a little difficult to maintain a steady flow without hitting other keys. But other than for writing, the keyboard fills all purposes suggested, and the anti-ghosting is legit, as some other companies really do exaggerate the extent to which that feature works.

Finally, just to mention the razer synapse software that is included when installing the keyboard, it is a remarkable piece of software of which is completely free of charge with the keyboard; it allows you to add custom key binds, see a heat map and in depth statistics of all keys used during specific games and so on. This keyboard is a valuable asset to any gamer and provides considerable value for money!
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse