4.4 out of 5 stars1,980
Size: 4Unit Count: 174Change

on 28 January 2014
Reading the last review, I've encountered the same problem. I have been buying Giga packs of Pampers No. 5 Nappies for about 10 months - up until now, I've been happy with the quality and performance of the nappies. However, the last batch was very disappointing as the quality was nowhere near as good as previous batches: the sides split regularly and the nappy itself appeared to be less absorbent, with my son frequently waking early in the morning soaked through. They were also unable to cope with large volumes of No. 2! I noticed that the designs on these nappies were different from previous packs, and I wonder weather they were not intended for the UK market? It would be good if Amazon could ensure consistency in the quality of these nappies from Pampers. Also, the price fluctuates from about £16 to £20 from month to month - I'd be willing to pay the additional amount to secure the usual high quality nappy.
88 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 29 May 2015
As others have said not being forced to join Amazon Prime to make a purchase. Hopefully the volume of complaints will help Amazon realize this was a bad idea.
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 26 July 2015
I have been purchasing Nappies from Amazon since my daughter was a new born. I was happily purchasing Nappies from Size 1 to size 6. I was disgusted to see I am no longer able to buy these unless I sign up to prime. I can't believe amazon think this is a good idea or how the manufacturer have allowed this to happen. Protecter & Gamble should immediately stop supplying Nappies to Amazon.
on 19 March 2015
They're nappies and do what nappies do. Not had any problems with the product - everything our baby has managed to squeeze into them has been successfully contained, but we've not been so neglectful as to try and leave the poor mite in the same nappy for 12 straight hours. What I have a massive, planet-sized problem with is Amazon's new policy of only selling essential baby care items to those who want to part with £80 a year for some rubbish called Prime. Nappies and baby wipes are not luxury items and this tactic stinks of corporate greed. Shame on you.
66 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 16 April 2015
Like others leaving reviews here I was happy ordering these nappies for my child. They fit well and rarely leak. But now amazon have gotten greedy and you must have prime membership to order nappies. Sorry amzon, but I wont be bullied into spending £79 on something I dont need. Also, my french friend has assured me that amazon prime costs about 11 euros in France. What a rip off in the UK.
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 2 July 2014
Poor quality and very thin, compared to store baught. Spots are lighter and the number on the front is half where it should be and half on the nappy below. Looks like the rejects.
15-40lbs or 7-18kg - 132 Nappies
We (my husband and I) originally tried Pampers nappies when our son was first born and having tried them and not been immediately impressed we opted to use Huggies as they had the wetness indicator and cut out section for the umbilical cord and just seemed to fit better. We then re-tried Pampers when our son was around six months old as he went through a period where no matter what time we put his Huggies nappy on and including doing a 'middle of the night change' he was waking up soaking in the early hours of the morning. We again were disappointed with Pampers as they didn't seem to last anywhere near as long as the Huggies nappies did. Now with the announcement of Huggies ceasing to supply the UK with nappies, we know that eventually we are going to have to turn back to Pampers and if I am being honest we are absolutely dreading it. When the brilliant opportunity to re-test Pampers came up we snapped it up especially as they were claiming to now have up to 12 hours dryness. So we have been 'testing' Pampers for the last few weeks and I have to say that although not overly impressed we are much more impressed with the nappies than we previously had been so feel a whole lot better about having to make the permanent switch to Pampers in the future although not financially. Its a bit hit and miss on the whole 12 hour dryness thing as it depends entirely on how big a wee our son has in the night but to be honest we can say that about Huggies nappies also. What I can confirm is that these new 12 hour nappies do seem to last a lot longer than the previous model so whatever Pampers has done it appears to have worked. My couple of criticisms are that the nappies still tend to bunch up at the front with wee so end up 'drooping' quite a lot and secondly the price. Yes a big one for us really is the price. Although I received these nappies free to test I am still very much aware of the price and the fact that I can get 152 Huggies nappies at my local supermarket for just £18.00 whereas 156 Pampers nappies (just 4 more) would cost me £24.00 so £6.00 more. Even more annoying is that this box holds just 132 nappies and still costs £23.00 on Amazon or you can get 20 more nappies for £29.98! I have to say that the product is okay but for us is majorly let down by the price. With Huggies ceasing to trade nappies in the UK, Pampers knows that basically they can charge what they like. I sincerely hope that Pampers re-visit their pricing structure or at least goes back to offering the 152 nappies per box.

Edit 20/11/15:- I have been using and buying my Pampers nappies from Amazon from their subscribe and save for a while now between my two little ones and providing the price is okay at the time of ordering I have been more than happy with the nappies which somehow seem to have improved for their wetness absorption since the first time we tested them.
on 14 April 2015
We always bought this in the past and we loved it. For Amazon to now think that the only way to keep people buying is to force them into joining prime is such a daft idea. Bye bye on this.
44 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 22 December 2014
I have been buying these nappies from Amazon for well over a year and never had any problems, but it seems just recently the quality has plummeted. They do not keep my baby dry at all, and after just an hour of wear they are soaking through. The supermarket is the way Togo to guarantee quality I'm afraid.
VINE VOICEon 27 January 2013
Size: 4+Unit Count: 124Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
Having tried store brands as well as the main competitor's offerings, I have to say that Pampers are the best in the category for comfort and fit. I would also say that they absorb the best with the "wet feeling" far less present after a good night's sleep. My wife swears by these and glares in askance whenever I succumb to the cheaper offers from Huggies. (having put both in succession the Huggies are stiffer and there is a noticeable give at the thighs. There is also far more pouching with a wet load)

Spanning the very noticeable gap between 4 (7-18kg) and 5 (11-25kg)- the size 4+ (9-20kg) gives just the right fit for the inbetweeners.

Seeing that certain stores have occasional offers where two boxes of around 60 nappies(each) the 124 for save and subscribe price is par for course. Ordering them singly just isn't cost effective enough. The fact that you're getting this at this price each time you order means you won't have to go chasing offers/ stocking up. As they are packaged in individual bags of 31, you can store them more conveniently and discard the box or let your kid have his boat/car/ house etc for the month!