Format: DVDChange

on 14 February 2013
First off let me just say, as far as comedy goes it really dosen't get any better than this. The reason for a Three Star is not a reflection on the item itself but the suppler... ie: Universal Studios. Cast your minds back to when series One and Two came out, just about everybody rushed out and bought them.

A short while later low and behold Universal reissued them again with one differance... they included the 2011 Christmas Special. I like many wanted this particular episode but to obtain it had to buy the whole lot again, and either give or sell my first purchase at a loss.

Well guys, Universal are up to making even more money out of us by (surprise surprise) doing it again with series Three. This set contains only six episodes on two disc's and does not include the two 2012/2013 Christmas specials... I think you'll find in a couple of months (when the sales slow down on this series) along will come the box set containing all the Christmas specials.

So my advice to you all is to simply save you money... and try to be patient for the complete eight part series as show on BBC television. Oh, and incidentally BOC pictures have confirmed a forth television series later this year, and if that too has a Christmas Special or two, we'll be going through all this again.
66 comments121 of 123 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 10 March 2013
Not what I expected only 2 episodes, 6 and 7 what happened to the rest,
Thought at first must have a disc missing
22 comments13 of 14 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 17 October 2013
They just seem to get better and better, brendan O'carrol is a brilliant actor and writer. I tend now to use the D.V.D.'s as a pick me up and a retreatv from the world.
on 5 April 2013
I spend 11 months of each year waiting for the moment when I can purchase the next series of Mrs. Brown's Boys. I love it. My family loves it. My friends love it. We have never laughed so hard or so often. If laughter is the best medicine then this stuff is a wonder drug.

Mrs. Brown's Boys has the unique ability to make you laugh and ten seconds later to make you fight back a tear. It's funny and it's real and I wish very much that we had TV like this in the US of A.

I highly recommend this TV series. (Unless, of course, you have some breathing disorder and long bouts of laughter might kill you. Then no, don't buy it.)
on 3 May 2013
It took a while for the critics to lower their noses and began to realise just what a comedy gem Mrs Brown's Boys is!

It is thoroughly deserving of all its awards for the sheer laugh out loud, stunning comedy value. It's a comedy that doesn't take itself too seriously, with the outtakes and slip-ups that are equally as funny as what's in the script.

Laying the profane language aside, there's plenty of comedy gold to enjoy... particularly the mishap of Cathy Brown's size decider for her bust enlargement!

Brilliant stuff!
on 18 March 2013
The third series of the adventures of the Brown family was excellent. A few gags from the live stage shows was thrown into the mix for this series but most of the material was new and had us in stitches. Does anybody know if this set includes the 2 Christmas specials from last Christmas? This is a must have if it includes the specials. Were all looking forward to this years xmas specials as there may not be a fourth series for a while Brendan O Caroll has rumoured. Bring on series 4...Can't wait!!!
on 4 March 2013
I luv this show it's been quite awhile since I've laughed this much at a comedy most new shows don't cut it much now but mrs browns boys is a scream luv the fact that they keep mistakes into the show adds to the laughs, I want to run out and buy this right now but many of u guys say wait for the Xmas special box set how long do we have to wait for the proper series 3 with Xmas double included does anyone know of a rough date when it will be released?
0Comment13 of 17 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 20 June 2013
There were only 2 episodes on the disc, and I thought I would get an entire series which I thought would consist of 10 or more episodes, so was disappointed. I liked what I saw but not enough.
11 comment7 of 9 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 20 December 2013
Side splitting laughter all through. Down to earth, working class humour which takes no prisoners and never holds back, but which also displays subtle family sensitivity in a raw humorous way. This is new, fresh iconic humour which knows no boundaries and has sold out in Australia, even before they have travelled there.. Strongly recommended but beware,the language is adult.....
on 11 August 2013