Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop Cyber Monday Deals Week in Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Amazon Fire TV Shop now DIYED Shop now Shop Fire Kids Edition Shop Kindle Paperwhite Listen in Prime Shop now Shop now

on 14 June 2013
This is a great laptop stand, I have recently brought three different laptop stands as I am recovering from a hip operation.

As much as I am impressed with the other laptop stands I have brought, this laptop stand out does them all!

Well worth the cost of delivery which was very fast and efficient.

The sellers communication was first class all the way through the process.

This stand is totally flexible and very strong, I feel very confident with it supporting my Mac Book Pro.

It is possible to position the laptop almost any where you want, which is very handy, currently finding a comfortable position to sit

This is an excellent product and well worth every penny!

Many thanks.
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 3 March 2014
I bought this for my mother who suffers with neck pain but is an avid reader. The idea was that she would be able to have the book directly in front of her without having to bend or twist her neck. It takes a bit of patience to get it exactly right, but that only has to be done once and the range of adjustment was excellent (for armchair use -she doesn't read in bed). We were particularly impressed by the range of book sizes it could hold. We had expected to have to improvise with other bits and pieces to get what is primarily a laptop stand to work well with books. In fact we could quite happily settle a large and very thick hardback on it, as well as a small thin paperback, just by altering the angle of the little red grabbers. Even right at the beginning or end of the very thick book, it was stable and well-behaved when turning pages.
So why only 4 stars? Two problems. One (as another review has said) is that you can't quickly release a nut and swing the book out of the way to get up. You have to push aside the entire contraption. The other problem is simply its size, and it was this that meant we didn't keep it - Mum just didn't like the industrial bulk of it in her sitting room. If it was >my< neck hurting, I'd have kept it!
on 2 March 2014
It looks a brilliant idea, but it is very fiddly to get it in the correct position and the winged nut screws at each joint tend to come up against the frame and you can't then turn them to tighten. So you have to twist it around again.It doesn't feel terribly stable either and I have to get up and down from the chair very carefully so as not to knock it. I thought from the picture that it would be possible to swing it across my lap and back, but not unless you are better with knobs than I am. So it's fixed off at one side, so can't work in that position for too long without getting a crick in my neck.
But it's great for supporting a large dictionary to one side when I'm working on something in front of me.
on 20 December 2013
a very good laptop stand, innovative, useful, flexible, unique, but a bit small for italian beds !!!

this laptop stand is very sturdy, well constructed, but when I finished assembling it I found that for italian beds it's a little too small.

in fact, to use it from my bed I had to build by myself an extension of 10-12 cm and I had to screwed it to the base of the stand.

now, with this extension, the height is right and my body has enough space below it when using the stand from my bed.

to see the height of the stand from the bed after applying the extension (circa 5 cm more than a paperback book) check the photos accompanying the repost of this review on my google blog (google for "virgo977virgo blog koolertron stand review" or check this link

on 26 September 2014
Quite a nice looking stand, and is easily assembled. The legs/feet stick rather a long way, so beware if this is intended to fit into a confined space.

The stand is made from a very lightweight alloy - I'm thinking the cheapest pot metal available.

While the body of the stand is reasonably rigid, the platform the laptop sits on wobbles about 20 to 30 degrees left and right, forwards and backwards, thus making the whole thing almost but not quite entirely useless. It is certainly not usable as a laptop stand as the laptop moves in space when you use it. I have a nice bowl of petunias on it, and they absolutely love it.
on 4 January 2014
The stand is fantastic, it goes exactly where I want it! The height adjusts perfectly where I need it, It is very strong and easy to move. A very versatile stand all round. Perfect for back backs, bad necks and bad wrists.
on 9 April 2014
The laptop stand is quite light but strong, and looks good, and not difficult to put together
However, it's really very very difficult to get the stand supportt the laptop at extactly the horizontally levelled position, it's always tiltted a little bit to the left or right
And once you got the laptop at the position you want, it will be fixed quite sturdy, which is good. However, if you want to change the position again, you will need to take off your laptop, change the postion to where you want it to, then put the laptop on again. You can't move position while the laptop is on the stand.
You also need to be careful not to twist the handles - the ones that twist and turn the columns - too much, or the whole twisting mechansim will fell loose, and you'll have a hard time put it back together again, and ended up with hands of grease.
A metal mousepad comes with te laptop stand, however, it not fixed on the stand, instead it inserted under one metal line and above another line (there is a groove on the metal pad to fit the metal line) on the right extended support - as you can inmagine, this means the metal mousepad is tiltled up at the right side. So as a mousepad it really doesn't work very well.
on 9 January 2014
Absolutely love this stand! So easy to assemble and so useful!!! So many ways this stand can be used! 100% recommend this!
on 15 August 2014
Very good stand, feels solid, holds the laptop firmly and I am confident that it won't fall off.

However, there are two disadvantages to it: first - when you put it in a position that suits you it is not possible to just swing it away from you when you want to get up from your chair or your bed, you have to either get up very carefully not to trip it or put the entire stand away - fortunately it is quite light so that's not a very big issue. Secondly, and more importantly, the seller didn't put on a product page dimensions of the stand when it's erected - I was hoping that it would be a little bit taller whereas the maximum height of it is about 110cm. Other than that great product that allows for a lot of flexibilty in positioning your laptop!
on 4 January 2015
Great product. The metal does seem a bit thin but it is perfectly strong enough to hold my laptop.

The top bracket does collide with the cross beam if you position it in certain ways, I just simply rearranged it so it didn't. It was really simple to position it to practically any position I wanted.

To position the stand, I held the laptop end roughly where I wanted it to be and then tightened the clamps moving down to the bottom, placed the laptop and made any adjustments.

In all, it takes about 1-2mins to adjust to a new position, most of the time it stays in the same position though.

See one answered question