Shop now Shop Clothing clo_fly_aw15_NA_shoes Shop All Shop All Amazon Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Shop Fire TV Shop now Shop Fire HD 6 Shop Kindle Voyage Shop Now Shop now

Suits - Season 2 [DVD] [2012]
Format: DVDChange
Price:£9.99+Free shipping with Amazon Prime

on 15 July 2014
Again, as with series 1, I was overcome by the sheer style of "Suits" in plot, script, acting, tempo and appearance.

At its best it is tremendous. I think that it is certainly at its best in series 2 up to the half-way mark, maybe slightly beyond (say about episode 10), but from then on it seems increasingly short-breathed with too many over-intense mini-climaxes.

Also, the formula is becoming a bit more obvious, in the way in which Mike's brilliance in the context of the law is counterbalanced by his regular and repeated poor choices in other areas of his life. I found I was just waiting for the next screw-up of his life outside the office, and sure enough it came. Even the most unimpeachable and perceptive characters are seen to be capable of a poor judgment-call, on occasion, though, which is refreshingly true-to-life, and the development of a character like Rachel, who grows in depth and stature, is an amusing contrast to those like Mike and Louis who seem (outside the field of law) to be very slow learners!

There is so much that is excellent, that, even with definite reservations about the second half of the series, I can still give it 4 stars. First class entertainment, even if (see above) there is some lack of substance.
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 21 September 2013
I didn't think it was possible, but Suits Season 2 is even better than Season 1. Whilst Season 1 focused a lot on the cases and the law suits, Season 2 gets personal. David Hardman (Yeah, Hardman as in 'Pearson & Hardman') is back and he means business. Hardman left the firm years ago after he was caught embezzling company money, something Jessica (Pearson) kept quiet as long as he left the firm, but after the death of his wife, he's back, claiming that he's a new person. Whilst Harvey and Jessica remain skeptical of this 'new' Daniel, the rest of the company seems to have been won over by him and rumours of takeovers start to arise.

All the main characters have got issues going on both at work and in their personal lives so there's so much more drama in season two. Harvey, Mike, Jessica, Rachel, Donna and Louis all face hardships and there's a lot of tension between characters as people start choosing sides between Jessica and Daniel. I felt that the plot was much, much better in season 2 because the added element of each character's personal lives made the show even more interesting to watch and made sure that season 2 stepped it up a notch from season 1. That said, the majority of the action still takes place in their working environment and the plot has been cleverly crafted so that both the personal and the professional are seamlessly interlinked so there's not risk of this descending into a soap opera type drama.

Despite the fact that things get a lot more serious in this season, this show is still really funny. There is a brilliant fusion of humour and drama here so you find yourself either gripping the edge of your seat or chortling to yourself. The fact that there is an element of humour to this show is definitely one of the reasons that it's so successful as it lightens the serious tone ever so slightly. I don't know how the scriptwriter has done it but the tone of the entire show is kept perfectly balanced so that it doesn't become too melodramatic or too comic.

The cases in each episode are all really fascinating so if you're someone that's interested in law this show has a sort of extra learning element to it too. Prior to watching Suits I had absolutely no interest in the law or becoming a lawyer but now I am. You find that you learn a shockingly large amount about the law and how court cases work by watching this show as it doesn't shy away from using professional and technical language. That said, this doesn't alienate those that don't understand these terms as each scenario is set up in such a way that it's obvious what's going on.

Fans of Mike and Rachel will go gaga this season as their romance heats up. Mike and Rachel's relationship goes up and down like a yo-yo which although slightly irritating, keeps fans on their toes. The sexual tension between the pair is undeniable and everyone knows that they're going to get together at some point, but the question of when and how is something elusive. This season is definitely sexier than the first with lots of different character finding themselves in romantic situations. The romance has by no means become a major theme of this series or anything, but it is a steady plot strand that runs throughout.

Harvey is just as sexy as he's always been, flirting with anyone that's caught his eye, but you see a completely different side to Harvey as we learn about his personal life. There is definitely another dimension to Harvey and he proves that is not always work, work, work, but don't worry, hard-as-nails Harvey who doesn't take cr*p from anybody is still there.

The acting is still phenomenal and thoroughly realistic. With emotions running high in this series, each and every actor demonstrates his/her broad range of talents in a variety of different situations. Each character feels so real, and I could totally imagine all of them existing in real life. Harvey, played by Gabriel Macht, is most definitely the star of this show with his cool exterior and suave suits. He is the reason why most people start watching the show and continue to watch it after that.

If you're a fan of good drama and good acting, then this is the series for you. If you loved season 1, then season 2 is a must-watch as things get personal and there are even better cases.
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again
Of the two shows that the USA Network debuted in 2011, Suits was by far my favorite. I couldn’t wit for season two to start, and I enjoyed it just as much as season one, even if the focus was different.

The show revolves around the New York law firm Pearson and Hardman. Specially, we follow Harvey Specter (Gabriel Macht), one of the high powered partners in the firm and his young associate Mike Ross (Patrick J. Adams). Just one catch. Mike never went to Harvard Law, the law school that everyone who works at the firm attends. In fact, he never went to law school at all.

As the season opens, Mike and Harvey are worried that Jessica Pearson (Gina Torres) has discovered their secret. But that quickly becomes a back burner issue when Daniel Hardman (David Costabile) returns to the firm. Honestly, I had wondered about the Hardman in the name since we never met him in season one. Suddenly, our characters are involved in a power struggle for the very firm they all profess to love. Caught in the cross fire are Harvey’s secretary Donna (Sarah Rafferty) who finds a damaging piece of evidence, paralegal Rachel (Meghan Markle), and Louis (Rick Hoffman), who still really wants to be made a full partner in the firm.

Season one was very much case of the week with some on going stories. That flew out the window here. Yes, there are some cases that only last one episode, but almost everything seems to center around the power struggle for the very heart and soul of Pearson and Hardman. While our heroes might gain a victory here or there, it usually seems like they are fighting an uphill battle against an adversary who knows what their every move will be, probably because he does because he has worked with them before. It definitely gives the show a different feel and even a different focus. We are more focused on Harvey than on Mike like in season one.

Despite the high stakes of the season, there is still time for witty banter. Mike and Harvey are fun together, letting movie quotes fly. But the real star in the one liner category is Donna. It’s not only the words she says, but the delightful way she delivers them. She is a scene stealer, and wisely they upped the number of scenes she’s in.

Of course, there are other things going on, like Mike’s grandmother’s declining health and Rachel’s attempts to get into Harvard to become a lawyer herself. Before the season is over, we even get to meet her father.

And Mike and Rachel? They’re still on again off again with one roadblock after another in their path. Will they ever figure things out?

Earlier, I praised Sarah Rafferty’s delivery as Donna, but the entire cast is very strong. I’m also going to single out Louis because the character is so slimey. Rick Hoffman does a great job of bringing him to life while still making us care about him. And the show must be tiring to act in because so many of the scenes are very intense. It makes for very compelling watching, and I find myself looking forward to each new episode.

So obviously, if you’ve missed these sixteen episodes, this four disc set is a great way to catch up. The set features all the episodes in their native widescreen and full surround. As you’d expect from a recent show, they look and sound great. Looking for extras? You get the almost standard deleted scenes and gag reel here.

Season two of Suits is a wild ride. With how they left things, I can’t wait to see where we go from here.
on 9 July 2014
Once I watched Season 1, all within about a week, I couldn't wait to get started on Season 2. I can't believe I didn't discover this before. What a great show! Season 2 gives us more details on the characters themselves, along with lots more court cases and wheelings and dealings. The writers did such a great job with these characters and their unique personalities. I immediately went and watched the third season after this, thanks to Amazon Prime. I hope the show goes on for many more seasons, since I've become a great fan. Two thumbs up!
on 20 April 2015
This is even better than the first year, picking up the pieces from Season Ones cliffhanger ending and racing forward from there in the same blur of drama and gags that works so well.

Whilst our boys still deal with various individual cases such as sports contracts, fraud, libel, hit and runs etc etc, there's more long running storylines and cases this year which makes it a more cohesive whole. Early in proceedings we're introduced to the Hardman in Pearson and Hardman for the first time and that's your major season long story arch right there as a power play for the firm begins and everybody has to choose a side.

There are some added layers to the various characters, especially Harvey and Mike of course, but also for the likes of Donna (still awesome) who has a very welcome expanded role this time out. Even more complex romantic entanglements feature heavily for everybody - even Louis gets in on the act (yep even Louis). A fair bit of personal tragedy is thrown into the mix as well as the show still displays that expert blend of veering from hilarious to serious and back again in a heartbeat.

When things look to be slowing ever so slightly in the latter stages, the always great Wendell Pierce rocks up in a particularly brilliant episode which in turn leads into this seasons endgame and many fun threads for Season Three. Fantastic stuff.
on 18 May 2013
If you've had an opportunity to watch Suits Series 2 only on "Dave" I'd strongly recommend that you buy the DVD set. I have been shocked to discover how mutilated each episode has been which appears on Dave. Given the importance of word-play and verbal repartee to Suits, watching the episodes on DVD has been a revelation: the episodes make better sense, are more coherent, and are much more intelligible. I think it's a shame that there has been such heavy and clumsy redaction by Dave, just to create space for their banal advertising.

Compared with Series 1, the tone in Series 2 has been more serious and the relationship between Jessica and Harvey, to my mind, unpleasantly fractious at times. I preferred the lighter, more frivolous tone of the first series. Having said that, unlike some other reviewers, I liked the adversarial combats between them and Daniel Hardman (played with such evident relish by David Costabile!). I look forward to Series 3 but will skip the Dave broadcasts and inevitable mangling, and wait for the Series to be released on DVD.
on 6 March 2015
I found season one of Suits very entertaining. The characters were interesting, quirky, with slowly revealed redeeming qualities. The acting quality was excellent and continues to be excellent during season 2. There was good writing, good scripts in season one; quite good up until about episode five of season two. Had the quality of writing continued, I would have happily given season two four or maybe even five stars.

But then all of a sudden, this polished drama suddenly went violently off the rails. All of a sudden a disasterous train wreck in the writing department. It's as though a new team suddenly took over story development and script writing. What was intelligent, becomes much less so; what was quirky, suddenly idiotic. It's not just me that feels this at home; my wife and son too. We had all been enjoying up until mid season two.

So if you enjoyed Suits Season One, you might well be disappointed, and severely so from its middle, with season two. Must have been a coup in the production department - what a wreck of what was a very good series.
on 24 June 2014
Let me start off by saying that this TV show is absolutely awesome, it keeps you on the edge of your seat the entire time. I purchased the third season first bearing in mind I saw the first two seasons on Netflix and I decided to buy the complete collection. When I received season 3 it was well package no bits broken off, season 1 also arrived nicely packaged and no bits broken off and then there's season 2 and lets say only one disc fits perfectly in the slot. I've known people who have used amazon to purchase 50+ items and about 5 are poorly packaged. It's just not right sometimes because you pay so much for an item only to find out that the packaging hasn't protected it one bit. This is only the first time it has happened but if it continues on a regular basis I'm going to have to stop purchasing stuff off Amazon.
TOP 100 REVIEWERon 28 February 2015
Probably my favourite show of all time, been watching since it first aired and I can honestly say there hasn't been a bad episode to date. If you're looking for an incredibly clever and tense law drama this is the only place you need to look.
on 19 October 2013
Well... Suits STILL haven't put in an option for subtitles?! (I mean come on... why?) But that's the only complaint I have about the DVD :)
I love the series and hope it continues, it's very well scripted, and in season two you get to see the relationships between the characters grow more. It's one of those shows where there's always something going on which will affect several characters, but you never know how it will until it all unfolds. And even when something bad happens you're waiting for our guys to make it work in their favour and turn the situation round again.
It's got great wit and brilliant acting and on top of all that you've got Gabriel Macht in a sexy suit!
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...