Size: Large 150g+|Change

on 6 September 2012
I bought these antlers on the advice of some breeder friends. I have a Labradoodle and a Staffordshire Bull Terrier. Doodle boy has a sensitive tum and Staffy boy has food allergies so they are both restricted in what they can eat.

I now have very happy, occupied dogs. They are both immense power chewers who can destroy all manner of chews/ropes/toys in minutes. Ropes are shredded in 20 minutes, Postman's Leg bones are gone within 10.

We've had these antlers for over a month now and they are still intact, no splintering or cracking and no triggering of allergies/sickness. They love a good gnaw at the end of the day.

Money well spent and the only thing to last longer than 20 minutes apart from Extreme Kongs!!
on 8 January 2014
Do not be fooled by the dropdown menu offering sizes. I have approached 2 different sellers both offering the 'jumbo' in the listing and have been told by both that Amazon do the listings and it is of course a medium as in the title. The size choice is irrelevant!

I was foolish enough to buy 'jumbo' from this listing originally and then contacted the seller to check that they were indeed 'jumbo' only to be told as above with no offer of a refund or upgrade.

When the ridiculous little pieces did finally arrive, my malamutes finished them in less than a day.

Complete waste of money and very disappointed with both sellers patronising attitude towards this blatant misrepresentation

Antlers are excellent for my dogs, but only if I'm sent what I purchase in the first place!
on 25 July 2012
*I uploaded a pic* - I have a 1 1/2 year old female Staffordshire bull terrier. She is always bringing sticks home and loves to tear them apart, so i thought this would be great, but had doubts it would have the lifespan of a stick. I was also worried this size would be too small, though in future i will probably buy the next size up. (It was hard to guess what the size would be before ordering) She loves it, no mess at all, been chewing it a week and its just going white on the ends where she knaws it. Normally things don't last thing long so i think its going to be worth the money. Alot better than nylabones which can cost the same but she shreds them and cuts her lip with sharp plastic. Seems to have the same demolish rate as hollow/filled bones, but doesn't produce the foamyness and looks more attractive for inside the house.
review image review image
on 26 February 2012
We bought one of these in desperation - our labrador puppy was chewing us out of house and home! She absolutely loves it, will happily sit chewing it for ages and best of all it will last for months and leaves no mess. We bought a medium size bar for our 12 week old pup so you would need to judge the best size for your own breed.
on 21 May 2012
I have 2 Border Terriers and they love these. They can be chewed on any surface and do not leave any mess. And they last.
on 5 February 2013
Two greyhounds and a lurcher still gnawing away at these weeks later and still hardly a dent. Well worth the money, keeps them busy for hours.
on 25 February 2013
My first impression was that this 'dog chew' was very small for something described as 'Extra Large' (and bearing in mind it was more expensive than any dog treat I have ever seen!).
However, several weeks later, it still remains attractive to my (extra large!) dog and has lost litttle of its bulk. There is no unpleasant to it and I can pick it up and put it away when not being chewed and not feel revulsion due to having handled it.
I would prefer the Extra Large version to be bigger (even though it would mean paying more) as I worry slightly about the possibility of my dog trying to gulp it down. However, as all dog owners should not really leave chews with their dogs for this reason, with some extra management on my behalf, this can be monitored.
on 20 April 2013
excellent product that lasts a very long time and dogs will love it. It leaves no mess and keeps them amused for hours. very good on sensitive tummies too. large size is perfect for labradors and staffies etc
on 19 June 2012
12 week labradoodle puppy loves these chews - ordered 2 - one came with a bit sticking up - this is one he chews constantly. the other looked like a stick, no side offshoots, he barely looks at this. Not sure how you order one with a bit sticking off it but worth the money in all sorts of ways. No smell, doesn't leave mess.
on 7 May 2015
I ordered two of these as the picture on Amazon's website suggested they would be bigger than they actually are. They are however much smaller and I am REALLY disappointed with this purchase. They are both so short that my dog will have difficulty in holding the stagbar while chewing it. Admittedly the stagbars are thick but then, so am I ... I bought them! Sorry to be so negative but I will never buy a stagbar from Amazon again.