Shop now Shop now Shop Cyber Monday Deals Week in Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Amazon Fire TV Learn more Shop now DIYED Shop now Shop Fire Kids Edition Shop Kindle Voyage Listen in Prime Shop now Shop now

on 2 December 2013
I bought this 'Razer Deathadder 2013' in 17 Sep 2013. So far there are no problems with the mouse, literally nothing that has bugged me.

The first day I got the mouse it took me around 2 days to get used to the shape, and when you do you really have a slight advantage over others. Within the box you get a disk which includes the 'Razer Synapse 2.0' where you can change your DPI settings from 100 to 6400. You can also switch off the lights from the program, and you can optimize your mouse for which mousepad it uses, ofcourse it has to be some sort of a razer mousepad.

I would definitely recommend this product, worth the price and is well built. It is strong. I have dropped it a few times and it is still going like it's new.

Awesome 'click'
Very comfortable
Very smooth
A lot of settings
2 buttons

Right handed mouse (sorry left handers)
You will take 1 - 2 days to get used to the shape

This product is worth the price.
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 20 October 2014
Before I start this, let me just say I'm not a gamer. I use a Mac at home along with all the gubbings. Trackpad, magic mouse, apple keyboard etc. But they have since been banished to the spares box. I never thought I'd use something so 'plastic' as my main mouse but it is simply excellent. Once you've got the sensitivity settings configured for your needs, it's simply the only mouse you'd want to use. It is as described a right handed ergonomic mouse. Very comfortable with a relaxed grip. I've not tried any other Razer mice but if they're anything like this, give them a go. I also bought the Razer Sphex mouse mat to go with it and they're a great pairing.

If I had a gripe, I'd have to say the build quality could be better but this would probably add to the weight. I ordered a 2nd mouse for work to use with my Windows PC and the quality was poor. Noisy scroll wheel & the feel and touch was off. It seemed pre-used. Plus, the surface had a scratch which allowed the LED light to emit through it. But great service from Amazon as always and I received my replacement the next day.

Oh..a second gripe is that the Synapse software saves your settings in the cloud. If you plan on using this at work, check with your IT dept if they allow 3rd party software to be installed and if it can get out to the cloud through your corporate internet proxy server. You'll need it to configure the sensitivity levels. I'm still working on a hack to allow the software to access the web from my corporate network..
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 9 October 2013
This mouse... It is something else... I mean... Right, I don't mean to joke or anything when I say this but:
Don't be thinking this mouse will feel cheap (the image may suggest so if you've never used one), the mouse has a lovely weight to it and it has an awesome surface.

I went from Razer Abyssus (mirror) to this Deathadder 2013, and I've been destroying people on Battlefield now :D It is not even funny (from 10%-11% accuracy to 16% -> 23% area).

If you're currently using a mouse which has a boat'esque ( [front____back_/ <-- like that) shaped rear end (facing your palm) that means your mouse "hop" pivot will feel a bit awkward as the Deathadder has a tail sort of thing going on, within one day you should be used to it.

Now onto the important part: The click.

When I clicked it for the first time, it felt so good; my girlfriend was blown through the wall and the aftershock was felt in Madagascar. It's pretty damn nice.

Note about the seller:
Thee seller of this item is the Amazon Parcel God "Bubblewrapittus" him/herself. Not even a microbe had landed on the box containing the mouse.
55 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 24 April 2013
In many ways, Razer has created a perfect gaming mouse in the Deathadder 2013. The build quality, weight and coating are all outstanding, the ergonomics impeccable (for those with larger hands) and the sensor world class.

Unfortunately, after doing all the hard work Razer have failed in a couple of very obvious ways:

1) There are no dedicated DPI switching buttons - something I consider unforgivable on any high end gaming mouse.

2) The Razer Synapse 2.0 software is just bad. It has a number of excellent ideas, but the execution is seriously lacking.

For instance, Razer included a "DPI Clutch" feature, which allows the scroll wheel to cycle through the DPI settings when pressed down. However, they neglected to make this feature additional (eg. no way to have the back button go back when pressed, clutch when held. It must be one or the other), or overwrite the original function of the mouse wheel, so if you try to use it in a game where the wheel is bound to a command you'll find yourself cycling weapons whilst trying to change the DPI. These are stupid mistakes, and really mar the experience.
22 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 6 April 2014
Hands down, the Razer Deathadder 2013 = the best multimedia mouse, I have ever used, and is not only optimal for gaming.

The reason I bought this mouse is because the cheap £10 mouse from Gigabyte after a few months decided to give up the use of of one of its thumb buttons and the sensitivity was not customisable enough for my liking.

This is the first Razer product I have ever bought. For the high, but surprisingly affordable price tag (considering all the other expensive gaming mice available), I expected a quality, premium product. I was not let down and it surpassed my high expectations by a long way. From the packaging, to the robust plastic unique material of the mouse itself, Razer justifies its premium brand selling point. As soon as I laid my right hand on the mouse (it is designed for a rightie, but I have tried and can be used with surprising comfort with a left hand) it fitted my hand - to use the cliche simile - like a glove. I have never experienced this level of instant comfort and relaxation of the hand muscles with any other mouse. The thumb buttons are, like the mouse as a whole, larger than most mice out there which is ideal for me because I hate small mice with midget sized buttons. The act of clicking has a perfect balanced feel of sensitivity and resistance. The mouse wheel is rubberized (and does not make a scratchy sound like some mice) like the two grips either side of the mouse and reinforce your grip on the device, which is most noticable while playing games. On the gaming side, performance in FPS games in particular have been massively more comfortable and successful in-game. It says in the description on the Razer website that it is designed for a palm grip (resting all the surface area of your palm and fingers on the mouse) however, I have often used a claw and fingertip grip equally as comfortably. I often change my grip as I go depending on the task. Lastly, this is an optical mouse, not a laser one, which is what I prefer after experiencing the superior accuracy and control of optical mice (yes the technology is older, but it is better in most gamers' opinions). Laser mice have in-built acceleration which does not result in a raw mouse input.

Now getting down to the Razer-exclusive features which really make this product worth the money. The device supports Razer's official native software Synapse 2.0 which you can download easily off their website. It comes with a bunch of very powerful customisable options to enable the user to personalise the mouse to their own taste, and all in an attractive user-friendly interface. Some options include the precision senstitivity adjustment slider, the lighting menu to switch off/on any of the two lights on the mouse, the mouse mat calibration option and the ability to map any of the buttons to a key function on the keyboard or in my case, use a thumb button as a sensitivity clutch (which is extremely useful in FPS games), just to name a few.

There is not much more to the mouse other than that, which is what I love about the mouse. It is not an overtly 'pimped' gaming mouse (to the point where if you turn off both the lights, it looks like an ordinary ergonomic mouse). So you can use it in public places or in the company of friends without being perceived as the stereotypical gaming nerd. I love the low-profile subtle design, but at the same time it is a beautiful device and enhances the look of your PC instantly. The cable is extremely high quality, boasting a braided cable and gold plated USB plug.

This is the kind of product which you can reliably say that, in the absence of any human carelessness such as dropping the mouse or spilling water on it, it will last a lifetime. This is true with most premium products and in this sense, even though you may pay a bit more in the short-term to BUY the device, you will SAVE money in the long-term by not having to continue buying replacements because of it breaking or becoming faulty.
on 22 June 2014
Hands down. This is probably the best mouse I've used in my life. I was always more of a Logitech fan but this mouse is changing my mind. I'm not really a gamer although I do play games from time to time. As a digital designer, I got this mouse purely for my work.

This mouse should be coupled with a decent mouse mat to fully enjoy it. Yes, it does track on my table and I'm sure it would track on your's too but it's a lot easier to glide it if you have a decent mat. I got a Steelseries QCK mouse mat since I read online that it works really well with Deathadder and you know what, it does!

Overall the Razer Deathadder has a good build quality and it feels solid in my hand. The pulsing green Razer logo is a nice touch too. Before buying, I thought that it might be a bit too bright for my liking but it just nice, subtle and makes it easier to grab the mouse if it's dark in your room.

P.S I don't tend to leave reviews but this time I really wanted to show my appreciation to Razer.
If you're in doubt, don't be! Get it!
on 21 May 2014
I love the look and feel of this mouse. I bought it because I wanted something better than the Magic Mouse for gaming on my Mac, and this is better in every way for that. In fact, it's just become my regular mouse, though I do miss the touch features of the MM.

I also like the amount of options there are in the settings app, 'Razer Synapse 2.0', but this is also the major downside to this mouse (for me):

You NEED to run this software, it REQUIRES that you create an account and it is UGLY as sin.

Even the little menu bar icon stands out too much: It's too large and neon green. The app itself is clearly designed for l33t Windows gamerz who would buy a mouse called a 'Death Adder' in the first place, so perhaps I shouldn't have been surprised. It also wants to update itself regularly, like all good Windows apps.

Honestly, I put this app out of my mind and I'm okay with it, but if I had known that this was a part of the deal before I bought the mouse I may have tried another one.
on 7 March 2014
I bought the Razer Deathadder when I felt my, then, current gaming mouse, Gigabyte Sim, was on its way out. I researched the mice I was considering, including the Mad Catz R.A.T 9, and posted online forums for help. In the end Deathadder it was. And I was not disapointed,
The packaging is fantastic when it arrives and the feel of the mouse in your hands is outstanding, this FEELS like a premium product because it is a premium product,
Size wise the mouse id very comfortable and I do not have massive hands, the scroll wheel and Razer logo glow green, and this cannot be changed to another colour if your current rig is perhaps tuned to blue as mine is. However this does not detract from this mouse being a great piece of kit.
The optics must be a step up here vs the aging Gigabtye as my accuracy in FPS, like Battlefield, increased from the first game using the Deathadder.

My honest advice on this is 10/10 a superb gaming mouse and a great addition to any PC gamers rig.
on 18 August 2013
Used the 'Amazon prime free trial' for the delivery and arrived at the time estimated. The mouse is one of the nicest feeling mouses from the ones I have used, however, at the end of the day, a mouse is a mouse- it performs just as well as my previous one bought more than a year ago (The Logitech g500), now worth about £30. In my opinion you pay for the branding, performance wise you could get the same for a cheaper cost.

The mouse is also very aesthetically pleasing, and all the buttons were easily accessible. It would be nice to have a on-mouse sensitivity editor again similar to the one with the Logitech g500, but I believe you can achieve that using the Razer software by binding sensitivity UP and DOWN to the buttons on the left hand side of the mouse.

Overall a great buy.
on 13 March 2015
I bought this as an upgrade to my previous mouse, I was sceptical about this due to the price but, I decided to go with it anyway hoping not to regret it.
Started using it straight away once it arrived and I have to say the quality is really good, the shell is very smooth and comfortable while in your hand the 2 buttons on the side are really handy if you are as lazy as me when on the internet to get back a back you just click on of the buttons. The reaction and speed of the mouse is really good for the fps games, but it also has a lot of control even with the speed. The mouse wheel is silent when scrolling down but when you are scrolling up it makes a sneaking noise, but I'm not to bothered about that.
Overall it is a fantastic product from Razer. Money well spent.