on 28 December 2012
Took a bottle each to mine and the inlaws family Christmas and it was loved by all. Smooth and fruity. Best description is that it tastes like black forest gateau. Lovely. I will be getting more.
22 comments25 of 28 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
TOP 500 REVIEWERon 8 December 2015
I went out to dinner with a friend recently and we were served this at the end of the meal. Oh my Lord, a fusion of chocolate and wine - it definitely doesn't get much better. I don't normally go for sweet wines; I find them way too sickly. This is different. From the first the aroma hits you, and what an aroma, a deep rich chocolate with the underlying spiciness of a good wine. It's a fortified wine, though, more like a port or sherry, with a distinctly pleasant kick to it. A steely shouldered little number. I fell in love that night with the Rubis, not with the friend who is now history. Now, I am planning to spread the love and treat my friends and family (only those who have given me presents) to a snifter or two at Christmas (assuming I don't neck it all before then - it has been known). Cheers. Slainte. Salud. Bottoms up! However you say it, enjoy! PS: This twin pack seems to be the best value out there, but I think it's a limited offer, so get you some now (but leave the bulk for me! Yes, yes, I'm a pig. It's been said before.)
on 14 December 2014
Words can barely describe just how fantastic this stuff is, and in my 30 years on the planet never have I put something quite so delicious in my face. Move over mulled wine and eggnog, this stuff is pure Christmas in a glass.

If you like wine or chocolate, both or neither, it doesn't matter. There is simply no way any sane human can not enjoy this.

The only down side is that it's quite rich, and gets a bit sickly by the end of your second pint. I guess one more down side is that drinking by said pint prompts judgement from friends and family.
on 18 December 2012
I came across this chocolate wine in the good food show last year. After trying many other brands, I wholeheartedly recommend Rubis.

Velvety smooth and not too sweet that it's sickly. Chocolate taste comes through without being overpowering. Perfect drink for the festive season and any other time for that matter.

Cheers!
0Comment21 of 25 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 12 February 2013
I do not drink but when I saw this no offer I thought I would take a punt. This is very nice for my taste buds and the chocolate taste you get at he end of it and the lovely warming feeling running down you. Gave some to some colleagues at work and most really liked it. Not like a Baileys or Kahlua more of a Liquer.
The ultimate in luxury, what could be better than red wine and chocolate? Mmm let me think! nothing ☺ this is just gorgeous! the marriage of Tempranillo red wine combined with decadent dark chocolate is one made in heaven. This two bottle pack is perfect for the coming festive season and it is for that reason I bought it now, to make sure I have some. The big challenge will be - Can I keep it unopened until Christmas? Tempting .....

I liken this to Bailey's only a smidgen better if anything. If you love Bailey's you'll love this I think. I like it chilled and with ice, so I'll chill the bottle in the fridge prior to me drinking It.

Another delightful thing you can do with this treat is to pour a little over either some vanilla ice cream or if you really love indulgence, pour it over chocolate ice cream, its to die for!

The bottles come delightfully boxed and thus make this the perfect Christmas gift for those that are possibly difficult to buy for.

Its smooth and rich and chocolatey and fruity. Its delicious!

HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!

I find this notoriously difficult to buy locally as I live in rural Scotland but with Amazon I can get it delivered to my door. Bliss.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 8 November 2015
The wine connoisseur in me is afraid to admit that I've tried a wide variety of "chocolate" wine with the same results, ugh. But the Rubis Chocolate Wine is simply delicious. I first tasted it at a chocolate festival in London and bought four bottles on the spot. Found it much more reasonably priced here on Amazon. Serve chilled or pour over vanilla ice cream for a special treat.
on 7 December 2015
Having been introduced to this wine in a restaurant, I have bought these two as a gift. It's such an unusual taste, red wine with a hint of chocolate, and a really delectable change for a dessert wine. I don't normally like red wine, but I don't know how you could fail with this
on 21 April 2013
Being quite a fan of both chocolate and red wine, I thought I'd give this a go after seeing just how many 5* reviews it had. How glad I am!!

I took a bottle with me for an after-dinner drink with the family after a sunday roast. It went down an absolute treat. The closest thing I can compare it to is Baileys, but I personally prefer it to Baileys. It is a really deep chocolate flavour, not too sweet, and is perfect at room temperature. It says it can be tried with a glass and ice but it was gone before we could experiment. We had it in double shot glasses and I'd say that is the perfect amount. You don't drink the same amount you would red wine as it would get sickly.

Also at only just over £10 it makes a perfect present for just about anyone. Given a couple as gifts and the praise back is always overwhelming with them buying some more themselves.

Overall, I strongly recommend it!!
on 28 November 2015
This wine is yummy and tastes like the chocolate liqueur selection box but in a bottle. Harder to find than the standard stuff the supermarkets sell but so much nicer and comes in a nice quality box ready to gift wrap. Quickly delivered.

See one answered question