on 2 May 2013
I've had this monitor for around 2 months now. My previous Samsung SM226BW 22" monitor died on me after 5 years, so I forceably in the market for something new. After looking around a few options and checking out some reviews, I plumped for the Asus model. So my impressions so far

1. Packaging/construction - Excellent. Very well packaged (as you'd maybe expect for a monitor!). The two piece construction is so simple that even my mum could do it. No screwdrivers or anything needed. This is definitely one for the casual PC user. My only small complaint is that the stand part is a little unstable. It's not possible for it to fall over or anything like that. But if you have a desk that gets bumped (kids!) or is a little wobbly - then this monitor will sway a little. Maybe I was just spoiled with my previous monitor with a huge base and almost infinite stability! Still, it's a very very minor complaint.

2. Setup - the full 1920x1080 HD settings took me a little playing around and a little googling in order to get setup. Happy to put this down to my own graphics card (radeon 5770) rather than the monitor. Did get it setup correctly in the end.

3. Pixel issue - I went over my monitor very thoroughly and I don't see any dead pixels at all, so no issues there. I feel it's useful to state, as it's common to see more reviews of a product when people get an issue - and this seems to be a commonly reported one. It's not one that I've encountered.

4. Quality - After the little setup, I'm incredibly impressed with this monitor. Coming from a 1680x1050 monitor, the extra space onscreen is superb. The display quality is fabulous. I've no reason to doubt the reported 1ms response time. While I haven't done anything like full performance testing, I do play FPS games like Battlefiend 3. I've found my response times to be absolutely fine.

5. Price - I think the price of this monitor is great. I bought it at £175 (looks to be cheaper now) which was a great price compared to it's peers.

Note - doesn't take normal DVI input, it has 2xHD input. You are provided with a DVI-HD cable. I think this is great as it offers the option to plug true HD players into the monitor. This isn't something i've tested, but it's definitely a plus worth noting.

Overall, I don't think I've ever been as happy with a monitor as I am with this one. I think the combination of quality with price is just unmatched at the current moment. If I could get a PC desk with a little more room - I'd definitely be getting a 2nd one of these (subject to girlfriend approval....)
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on 1 September 2014
I've had this product for a good few weeks and am enjoying my experience. I use this solely for gaming and the graphics are good. No dead pixels etc. and a solid display. The stand is rubbish as people have previously stated which is why I give it 4/5. If you are looking for a gaming monitor as I was after my BenQ RL##### went bust (HDMI board short circuited, no idea why.) then this is as perfect alternative. I use it for FPS games and the 1ms is evident in that there is no ghosting.

There isn't much more to say, everything else stated in the product description is as said.
on 11 December 2014
Purchased this monitor for gaming purposes and so far it has been outstanding. Quality is first class and for a gamer there is a noticable superiority when being compared to a TV.

Pros:
Monitor design is very good
Quality is excellent
Easy to assemble (only need to attach base which is simple)
Easy to tilt screen to suit personal preference

Cons:
Stand does wobble a little if desk is nudged but it isn't a massive problem

Overall it is great value for money and a great buy if you are looking to enhance your gaming experience
on 1 January 2014
To be honest, this is the best PC Monitor I ever had. I used to have a 16:10 (1680x1050) monitor but the contrast ratio is poor. So I switched to this which is wider and has a great contrast ratio.
Everything came in good condition and I assembled the new monitor carefully. I never used or tested the cables that came with the monitor (except the UK Power Cable) but I kept them in case I need them in the near future. I used a HDMI to HDMI cable I got from Amazon which is High-Speed.
I did encounter a problem, there is a window-box on the screen but I managed to fix the problem by going to the AMD Catalyst Center, My Digital Flat-Panel, Scaling Options (Digital Flat-Panel) and set the Scale to 0% (full overscan) so the whole imaging display covers all of the screen (Not sure what to do if you use NVidia Graphic Cards if you encounter the problem, I use AMD Radeon HD 7000 Series).
I fiddled with the settings and everything looks good. I'm aware the monitor doesn't come with external speakers because it is inside the monitor but it comes with a sound cable. However, I never used it since I used my HDMI to HDMI cable.
I highly recommend this monitor (there are some better but this is worth it for the money and performance) because you have a good contrast ratio, quick response and has two HDMI inputs.
on 7 September 2013
The monitor arrived on time and well packaged. The monitor works fantastically. I bought this monitor because I needed a clear, crisp and detailed monitor for my graphic design work, editing of photographs and PC gaming. This monitor really met my needs. The only problem I faced was attaching the stand to the monitor as when attached its leaves your monitor facing 60 degrees forwards. Being a rather delicate monitor and not very sturdy I didn't want to force the tilt of the monitor up right but forcing it is exactly what you have to do so don't be afraid of breaking it. Amazon service was great however ASUS customer service is all but useless if your within Europe. For some reason they have proper customer support for America, Canada and Asia but not Europe.
on 17 March 2015
I'm really impressed with this monitor! its got a really sleek stylish design with a really slim bezel, looks utterly amazing. the stand feels sturdy which surprised me as i seen other reviews saying that its really flimsy and one said that the monitor fell off the stand, it feels very sturdy and looks great. really sharp screen and no dead pixels. the colours were a tiny bit off when i first got it but i just used windows colour calibration and configured it correctly, took around 5 minutes. the postage was unbelievable, i ordered it on Sunday night and it dispatched midday Monday, i was expecting it to come on Thursday as that's what amazon had told me the estimated delivery would be but i was pleasantly surprised that it came on the Tuesday afternoon. the speakers are terrible but i always use my headphones so never notice so if you are gonna need speakers definitely buy external speakers. the really low responce time and high contrast ratio is great too. really happy with my purchase and would recommend to anybody. probably the best monitor for this price range.
on 4 March 2014
The display is what you'd expect from a modern LED monitor. Fast update, decent view angle, high contrast etc. etc. I'm not expert enough to really be able to comment, but they do everything I want from them, and are WAY better than my old monitor which until I started using these I'd thought was perfectly adequate.

I have two of these, and the thin side-wall really does make them look almost like one big screen (although it's actually quite hard to get them to REALLY line up, which seems to be the case with all monitors I've used double). Actually I possibly like this set up more than some of the ultra-wide monitors available now, as it means you have a distinct separation between two desktops which you can use for different things, rather than mixing all the available space up into one. The exception to this is playing games; if you want more screen for gaming on, a bigger single screen is clearly better now.

They look nice, though, and certainly have been worth the purchase.
on 3 September 2014
I was worried about dead pixles etc when I purchased this (in july 2014) due to other reviews, but mine came out of the box 100% fine, I transport it weekly in my car for 1hour journeys with just a little wrapping around the screen and it's still, totally fine.

the stand SEEMS flimsy, as it will wobby around at touch, but it's actually quite solid and won't break, the wobble is odd though, but on a solid surface it doesn't move anyway - also don't be afraid to be rough with it when putting it together, it feels flimsy but isnt.

quality is brilliant, I can't fault it and for gaming, the refresh rate and color is fantastic.

I would buy it again, I feel for the price it's unmatched (and I have about 4 similar monitors in my various offices) this one has become my favorite, I stole it from my work office and have swapped it with my gaming set up and given the work one my crappier older viewsonic.
on 16 December 2014
I like this monitor so much I thought I'd write my first review about it. Firstly, the picture quality is excellent. There are a few reviews that mention duff pixels but there are none on my monitor. The image is really sharp and, to my eyes at least, the colours are bright and natural with no adjustments to the out-of-the-box settings.

Secondly, and also worthy of mention is that, in addition to european and UK mains leads, are included a VGA cable and an HDMI to DVI cable.

Don't be put off by warnings of a bright blue screen with no input as this soon goes off and the monitor goes into standby within a few seconds as you would expect.

It's no surprise that the sound quality is not up to that of separate speakers but it's good enough for the occasional iPlayer visit and keeps the desk clutter free.
on 13 April 2015
Really impressed with this screen. And it is cheap.

The speakers are rubbish but no TV has speakers that are that good. It has a headphone socket so just plug some better speakers in.

I use it for PS4 and the definition is brilliant.

Have just started using it as a secondary monitor for my iMac. For videos it looks almost as good. For general computer use I'd say, about, 70% as clear but maybe I can change the settings, not sure.

The screen looks incredible, really slim sleek design. Really nice and smooth adjusting the angle.

It also turns itself on and off automatically when the PS4 or iMac goes to sleep or is turned off!

So good