Most helpful positive review
24 of 25 people found the following review helpful
Excellent pricepoint monitor
on 2 May 2013
I've had this monitor for around 2 months now. My previous Samsung SM226BW 22" monitor died on me after 5 years, so I forceably in the market for something new. After looking around a few options and checking out some reviews, I plumped for the Asus model. So my impressions so far
1. Packaging/construction - Excellent. Very well packaged (as you'd maybe expect for a monitor!). The two piece construction is so simple that even my mum could do it. No screwdrivers or anything needed. This is definitely one for the casual PC user. My only small complaint is that the stand part is a little unstable. It's not possible for it to fall over or anything like that. But if you have a desk that gets bumped (kids!) or is a little wobbly - then this monitor will sway a little. Maybe I was just spoiled with my previous monitor with a huge base and almost infinite stability! Still, it's a very very minor complaint.
2. Setup - the full 1920x1080 HD settings took me a little playing around and a little googling in order to get setup. Happy to put this down to my own graphics card (radeon 5770) rather than the monitor. Did get it setup correctly in the end.
3. Pixel issue - I went over my monitor very thoroughly and I don't see any dead pixels at all, so no issues there. I feel it's useful to state, as it's common to see more reviews of a product when people get an issue - and this seems to be a commonly reported one. It's not one that I've encountered.
4. Quality - After the little setup, I'm incredibly impressed with this monitor. Coming from a 1680x1050 monitor, the extra space onscreen is superb. The display quality is fabulous. I've no reason to doubt the reported 1ms response time. While I haven't done anything like full performance testing, I do play FPS games like Battlefiend 3. I've found my response times to be absolutely fine.
5. Price - I think the price of this monitor is great. I bought it at £175 (looks to be cheaper now) which was a great price compared to it's peers.
Note - doesn't take normal DVI input, it has 2xHD input. You are provided with a DVI-HD cable. I think this is great as it offers the option to plug true HD players into the monitor. This isn't something i've tested, but it's definitely a plus worth noting.
Overall, I don't think I've ever been as happy with a monitor as I am with this one. I think the combination of quality with price is just unmatched at the current moment. If I could get a PC desk with a little more room - I'd definitely be getting a 2nd one of these (subject to girlfriend approval....)