Format: DVD|Change

on 5 June 2015
Whilst the orignal actually had a plot and some conedic moments this sequel virtually has neither. Who would believe that Grown Ups 2 is actually Adam Sandlers first ever sequel, and it sucks big time. Kids under 12 will most probably love the tired American values but honestly if you're any older and like this movie go to the mirror now and slap yourself.

There's only so much crassness and comptempt for the audeince watching that can be taken. Sandler and his rich buddies, who are also portrayed as rich in the movie, comfortable isn't it? are having a great time at our expense. So throw this in if you want but if you give us zero plot and zero comedy we will come after you.

Grown Ups 2 is full of casual sexism, predictable dribbling plot and little spolit brats that you would want to seriously scream at. Bottom line is is that its not funny. Sandler somehow has swum up to new low depths- and you kind of get the feeling that as his bank account grows he knows it and sadly doesn't care.
The sequel comes with very little plot. Our foursome all have their child issues. David Spade suddenly has a long lost son so he doesn't miss out on the fun. There is an 80's theme party with a ridiculous townies vs. college boys fight.

The humor is still crude, but perhaps a bit less than before as I found it tolerable. The film mostly relies on one liners and insults as is typical in a Sandler production. This film also highlights the talents or lack thereof of many Hollywood larvae including the Sandler clan, Patrick Schwarzenegger, and Paulina Gretzky. Team Jacob fans can watch Taylor Lautner in an uncredited role as Fratboy Andy. My how they have fallen.

Will work as a rental. No hurry to rush out and see it.

Parental Guide: Brief male rear nudity. 1 f-bomb. No sex. Sex talk and general crudeness including urination, feces, and fart humor.
on 1 May 2015
Not as good as the first film but still with some funny moments. It was a shame there was no Rob Schneider in this follow up because I find him funny. The jokes in this movie were a bit mostly cheap jokes, not smutty as such but its like the writers tried less hard believing it would all just work out.

We watched it as a family and then put it in a box to go in the loft. We have watched the first film a few times and this one just doesn't compare. It doesn't have the cute moments and the fun factor of being away from it all for a few days.

If it had been more than £3 I wouldn't have bought it. I did get an Ultraviolet code with this DVD though. So I can not watch it again from my Flixster account.
on 27 February 2016
I really liked this film! It's not really like the first one, they've all moved on with there lives and have families so it's just based around that buy it was still funny even though it didn't have a huge plot! Well worth a watch
on 25 December 2014
It's very rare when a sequel is better than the prequel. Grown Ups 2 however in my opinion was so much better than the first film. Not that it wasn't good, I just thought the second one gave us more scenes to laugh at and were more entertaining. Taylor Lautner and WWE star Stone Cold Steve Austin were also brilliant in the film as well. Really enjoyable!
on 12 April 2015
I'll start by saying I loved Grown Ups 1, so maybe I was just expecting more because I liked the first one.

I think the main problem is Grown Ups 1 has something of a plot and theme; nostalgia, and modern childhood life vs 'the good old days' childhood life. Trouble is, Grown Ups 2 loses this. It doesn't have a plot. Just people randomly going about their day doing silly or funny or just weird stuff. Where as 1 had a plot/theme to hold the comedy together, this film just felt like a collection of 'funny' stuff someone went 'wouldn't it be funny if' and then just cobbled it together into one film.

The other problem is Grown Ups 1 had, mostly, realistic(ish) characters that just happened to find themselves in funny situations or doing funny things, which is what made it funny.....Grown Ups 2, however, seems to rely on what you saw a lot in old Adam Sandler films, and that's over the top and completely cartoony/unrealistic comedy characters that are meant to just be funny because of how they are generally odd. So it shifted away from (kind of) realistic(ish) comedy to slap stick silly cartoony comedy.

Having said that, for the price listed at the moment (£3), it's a bit of silly fun to have on while having a few drinks or with friends when you're likely to be chatting a bit anyway.
on 5 April 2015
not as much fun as the first film but watchable so long as you don't expect the same belly laugh moments as before. to be honest you can pick this up for a few quid so im not going to micromanage your wallet just give it a go and chances are you will like it.
on 31 May 2015
Some laugh out loud funny moments but in my opinion not as good as the first one. Watched it with my children and they thought it very funny, which made it funnier for me. Don't think my husband enjoyed it that much.
A great sequel, this has such a great cast and these men together make such a witty watch. I still prefer the first film but I would still recommend this if you are looking for something enjoyable and light watching to make you laugh, I will be watching it again.
on 1 January 2015
Follow up to 'grown Ups' my son is 12 & wanted to watch comedies instead of Disney films! Pretty much the same humour as the first film, one happy son!

I still prefer the first film, but that's usually the way!