♦ Brief Review ♦

My sister received this as a Christmas present from her boyfriend and she was most kind to let me have a play with this superb product.

Included are one of every tetrimino shape (which light up in their own individual colours), an AC adapter and a brief manual telling you the do's & don'ts as well as many different formations you can do.

To start up, you first need to power up the blue straight piece, it has a power socket and a switch located on the back, once turned on it will light up, then all you have to do is place another

piece on top to which it will then light-up as well.

I was amazed to see it actually work and you can experiment with all kinds of formations.

Once you've completed the desired shape, the end result is an awesome looking light that will be much appreciated by any gamer.

Whilst this product is a bit pricey, after having a go with it myself, I'm more than willing to pay the current price for one and would highly recommend it.

♦ Video Info ♦

I've uploaded a video if anyone is interested, below is a video breakdown:

0:08-0:41 Box overview.
0:43-2:08 Unboxing.
2:10-3:21 Set-up & Quick example.
3:22-4:05 Example in dark lighting conditions.
review image review image review image review image review image review image
66 comments| 163 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 31 December 2013
My 15 year-old daughter loves this. She actually played with it. It is a long time since I've seen her play with anything other than her iPad. On the three occasions I have been allowed to collect laundry and teacups from her bedroom since then, it has been in a different configuration each time. I even overheard her telling a friend how it works.

Very nice- I will be buying one each for my niece and nephew next time they need a gift. Geeky adults would enjoy it too.
on 17 April 2014
I loved the idea of this lamp, it's very different and unusual so after reading such positive reviews I ordered one. A few things I noticed were these; it's very light so if it's anywhere where it could be jogged and the positions of the shapes moved even in the slightest then parts of the light go out. You have to line it all up exactly otherwise it flickers. Secondly the mains lead is pretty short. I did want this as a cool light beside my bed but the thought of it all collapsing every time it moved would drive me mad. However.... This is still a very cool bit of kit.
on 9 June 2016
Bought this for my brother (18 years old) for christmas, he loves gaming and really liked this gift. It's fun to stack the blocks in different ways and its very colourful and the lights look really good.

I see commenters saying "the blocks are too light and it falls over" "you have to hold it together for it to light up" and calling it "cheap plastic". I guess they are easy to knock over but its quite tall once you stack the blocks up so that could be why. You have to make sure to line the metal edges of the blocks together otherwise they will not light up, once you do this they are fine. Of course they are made of plastic, did you expect glass? The material reflects the price, you would not be able to buy it for under £30 if it was made of a more expensive material.
on 5 February 2016
Purchased and was unsure as to what I would get as I had read mixed reviews. However was pleasantly surprised and what a great little light. If I was to criticise it is not quite as bright as I expected but makes a nice background light or is great in a child's bedroom as a night type light to fall asleep to. I am always quite wary of plugged in electronics so do not use it all night long.

Quality of blocks is reasonable and with normal use this should last quite a while I imagine. Would recommend as a novelty rather than as a source of light.
on 23 March 2015
Great idea BUT like other reviewers have said, it's FAR TOO LIGHT and therefore contact suffers and it's a pain the rear to have on and stay in place. Don't waste your money unless youre prepared to stick in place.
on 21 February 2016
Took a little while to arrive but was well packed and everything arrived intact and in good working order. I love that you can mix and match how you want to arrange the pieces. I've found that some pieces light up better than others in certain positions so you just need to be patient and turn them one way and then the other, with a good snug fit between each piece, to ensure they all light up equally strongly.
on 9 January 2016
What fun! I saw these lights at a friends house and had to get one.

Quality is ok but...

My only negative comment would've that you have to ballance them exactly and they are quite wobbly when attached. I would suggest the use of magnets if ever a newer version came out.

Apart from that, they're great.

Delivery was fast too.
on 28 November 2015
I love these lights! My partner came home with them one day and I then bought them as an Xmas gift for a family member as there fab!
However there is one issue I have encountered.. The lights aren't always able to stay connected from the sides inparticular so we often place an ornament either side to keep the lights touching which is a pain. Magnetised casing or possibly a bit of weight to them if that would help would give this product a five star review
on 23 April 2014
Looks great, plenty of combinations to display. Not very good for a permanent display. Every time you walk past the lamp the blocks separate and the lights go out, - they're too light. I ended up using sellotape (rolled up to double sided) to secure the pieces together which seams to have done the job. Not the most generous cable length on the power lead.