on 6 June 2015
Very sweet and strong marzipan flavour when drunk neat, with a syrupy texture. The sweetness mellows with the addition of ice. I've compared this to a couple of other amaretto style liqueurs for those interested.

Disaronno
The Tosolini Saliza is heads and shoulders above Disaronno. I'm not bothered that Disaronno is technically not an amaretto liqueur (almonds aren't used at all in the creation of this liquid), it has a very artificial tasting flavour profile which I can't stand.

Luxardo
For me Luxardo is the best of the lot. Luxardo's version is not as syrupy, not as sweet and has a slightly drier finish. Overall I find the Luxardo a better balanced sipping drink (either neat or on the rocks). Having said that, I wouldn't turn my nose up at the Saliza, and I think it would be excellent in cocktails.
on 16 February 2014
I first tried this drink after a dinner at Jamie Oliver's restaurant in York and was totally taken with it. My girlfriend who will not drink the "more famous" brand as it tastes too harsh was convinced to have some too was also blown away by the flavour and how smooth the drink was. I would totally recommend this to anyone looking for a nice late night/ after dinner drink.
on 22 September 2015
Compared to Disaronno this is a much classier act for Amaretto lovers. Not too expensive, nice bottle (with stopper and built in pourer).

Still a very sweet, but with a rounded (dare I say it actual Almond) flavour, no teeth aching clawiness of the competitors.

This is a sophisticated hug of a drink. It's a dinner party with Joanna Lumley rather than chips with Charlotte Crosby. The trouble is once you've tried it you won't want to go back.
on 10 July 2013
This Amaretto is is head and shoulders above main competitor (you know the sickly artificial one I mean). Aparently it's made from real almonds, rather than almond essence like its main competitor, all I know is its really lovely stuff and Irecommend it.
on 8 December 2015
I prefer this to the "standard" Amaretto. (Disaronno). In my opinion it's lighter, less sweet and more floral, good for drinking straight as well as mixing.
on 4 October 2015
Very tasty, this is the same Amaretto as Jamie Oliver has in his Italian restaurants apparently. One of the best we've tasted at a reasonable price.
on 20 February 2015
Whole family looks forward to our weekly amaretto hot chocolate get together. And this brand has made it even more joyous.
on 29 December 2013
This is one of the only Amaretto liqueurs available that is actually made with almonds! Sounds odd, but most others, including Disaronno, are made from apricot kernels.

This one is delicious, and very smooth.
on 10 December 2015
A nice addition to the hamper I am making up for an amoretto fan
on 4 February 2016
Proper amaretto at a lightning deal price. Ice please!