on 17 February 2014
I bought this mainly for removing condensation from my Georgian windows - I needed the smaller blade for the small panes of glass. On the plus side, I can now do this more quickly than before (using a cloth and a squeegee). On the negative side, even after a few charge cycles, the battery life is still not brilliant. I can understand wanting to keep the weight down - the machine is certainly a lot lighter than I expected, but I'd rather have it a little heavier and with better battery life. Still, it makes me even quicker, as I need to finish the job before the battery runs out.

The thing I'd really like to see changed is the clearance between the end of the blade and the body of the machine - coming down vertically, the bottom of the machine hits the windowsills. If I tilt the machine outwards to avoid this, then the blade doesn't make contact properly and therefore doesn't work. With the small panes, it's not easy to manoeuvre the thing about to get a satisfactory result.

Bottom line - it's good and it saves me time, but with better battery life and an extension tube for the blade to give it more clearance from the body, it would be better.
on 29 August 2013
It does work and the vacuum is strong enough to suck in all the water - especially effective for cleaning windows from the inside of the apartment as water wont dribble down.

It works fine and worked perfectly right out of the box once charged. However I still wouldnt give it 5 stars for a few reasons:

1. It still does leave a streak as you wipe down so you will still need a cloth or kitchen towel to wipe the streak away
2. The waste water tank bulges out a bit so if you have a ledge at the bottom of your window the rubber squeegee won't go all the way to the bottom of the window
3. with a manual squeegee you can wipe down, turn around and go back up. DONT DO IT with this product as I stupidly did (out of habit), as the dirty water tank will drip the water back out and onto the window. So you should only wipe top to bottom
4. Mine came with the small "detergent" for the window spray. Online says you can order more. Dont bother. Though it works well, I later ran out of this liquid and refilled my spray bottle with water and dish washing detergent and that worked equally fine. So dont waste your money ordering extra detergents from them.
5. Marvelous results BUT I later found small black spots on my carpet around the apartment. Apparently, as I walked around from window to window, the Window Vac was dripping some of the dirty sucked in water (black because of the soot). Now nothing major, I found just 6 around the apartment and its probably from the squeegee rubber itself rather than the tank leaking. Nonetheless, take care when moving from window to the next to ensure the dirty water doesnt spoil your carpet. (If it does dont worry. I took a wet wipe - like a dettol or clorox wet wipe, scrubbed the stain on the carpet for 5 seconds, then followed with a clean kitchen paper roll to scrub it dry and voila, the stain went). But just a head's up as you walk around with it. Have a kitchen paper towel handy to clean the blade after each window to avoid dripping onto your carpet.

Otherwise I am quite happy with it and glad I bought it.

Hope my pointers help.
0Comment|122 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 26 June 2014
I hardly ever leave a review but this has to be recommended. It is absolutely brilliant and wish I bought it long before now. It has cut down on the time spent on window cleaning ten fold, it is excellent. I used it on pictures, mirrors and glass shower screens. I have leaded glass doors in the kitchen and it was a doddle using this, ok I had to wipe with a dry cloth after using the vacume but it removed 90 % of the water. I haven't had a problem with water on the sills because if it's angled right it sucks all of the water up. I will be buying this for my daughters and my Mum. Shame it rained half way through doing the outside windows and patio doors as I didn't want to stop using this marvellous machine. It has saved me hours of cleaning.:)
on 25 March 2013
I bought this after seeing it demonstrated on a shopping channel. I was unable to have it sent to me here in Spain by the company concerned at their 'value' price. I therefore looked on Amazon and found it for exactly the same price for the same 'special offer' by the tv company!. Exactly same contents, and with free postage! As I have arthritis of the spine and shoulders, I always look for items that will make life a little easier, and the window vac certainly does that. Window cleaning has never been so easy...or so much fun! The charge didn't last quite long enough to finish all my windows, so I have taken off one star. However, I cleaned the mirrored doors of my wardrobes and the rest of the mirrors indoors first, so perhaps that was a little unfair. I thoroughly recommend this product. Try it, you won't regret it!
22 comments|85 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 7 April 2013
This is a super piece of kit that makes washing windows a doddle. It really does take the work out of it and i had no issue with regard to the length of charge. did all the downstairs windows inside and out on one charge. I used the concentrate and it really is great stuff, i have a bottle of the concentrate on order as it really does work a treat. reckon my window cleaner may not like it though as he is now redundant!! buy one you will not regret it!!
33 comments|71 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 20 August 2013
Very pleased with the general function of the cleaner, light and easy to use. It does however leave slight streaks on the glass.
on 26 March 2013
Does what it says on the box saves time and money on window cleaning all you need is water brilliant
Kärcher WV70 Window Cleaning Vacuum Kit
It is said that you should never give a woman a present with a plug on it – this may be the exception to the rule! The wife started her spring cleaning early with this one!
The vacuum unit is available separately but the total WV70 kit is best for total cleaning, in our opinion.
On preliminary tests it easily cleaned 24 windows (1.3 x 0.7 m) and 2 doors (including patterned glass) in conservatory on one charge.
Recharge – took less then 2h
Cleaning - (Mainly) non- smear using the bottle/mop as a cleaner / followed by the suction unit to dry off the windows to a sparkling shine.
I think it is best to use the official Kaercher detergent concentrate - ordinary hand dish wash liquid will work but it is designed to foam and may give problems on “hoovering” off. Specific glass cleaners are designed to be non foamy and non smear as they work by a “sheeting action”. (Not sure if a dishwasher rinse aid might work if you ran out of the real item)
The vacuum unit alone is also good for “hoovering up” heavy window condensation – we have problems with 10year old double glazing in the bedroom when we get sub zero temperatures outside
I rate it as 5 star – the “ management” will no doubt add her long term use comments separately in due course.

NOTE added September 2015
I have deducted 1 star as the trigger sprayer has failed after only 9 months requiring a £12 replacement .The overall System has worked well but the sprayer needs to be more robust and not to fail in such a short timescale
on 13 October 2015
Avoid at all costs. I bought one of these (WV70 top of the range) which sprays water from the base of the unit as it vacuums and leaves unsightly smears on any surface it comes into contact with. It lasted a few months and then wouldn't hold a charge, which having read reviews from other customers who seemed to have similar issues. I contacted Karcher who after some lengthy discussion and a screenshot of my original Amazon order, agreed to replace the item, I had to wait for them to send a collection bag and then on receipt of my vac they sent me a replacement, the whole process took around 2 weeks. I then find the replacement item is a cheaper, lower grade model. I called Karcher who explained they had replaced the item (which was my right anyway) and that they didn't have to replace it with another top of the range. I've read reviews like this before and often think the customer was maybe difficult or awkward, let me assure you I was none of the above but feel now I should at least warn other potential buyers to avoid this product and look for the much cheaper Vax models which I have now purchased, It cleans all surfaces far better than the Karcher ever did and the item is still working perfectly after many hours of use. Avoid Karcher, unreliable, poor customer service and way over priced.
on 14 November 2014
I probably got carried away with the hype of this gadget. Yes it does suck up most of the water after 'you have washed the windows' you still need to use a cloth for the edges and frames to remove the water. I agree it does leave the windows streak free so that is good but don't be fooled that it does everything on the cleaning, it does not clean that is down to you.
Once you get the concept yes I like this as it does help and makes the whole process quicker, I would recommend you only by the lower. Model as you don't need all the extra and spare bits unless you are cleaning windows all day and every day, I just have a box full of stuff that I am unlikely to use.