Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£3.49

on 14 February 2014
The story has an intersting premise. Two young engineers generate nonsensical patents for a bit of cash and forget about them.
A few years later, the circumstances of bot engineers have changed and the patents assume much larger significance when the US government and big oil get involved.
The story uses a vaguely plausible set of ideas and circumstances to make a telling commentary on the state of US politics in regards to energy/defence policy, the stresses between the scientific "community" and the devoutly religious, the nature of consciousness and the soul.
However, I thought the story ran out of steam, as it must do if it were not to degenrate into pure fantasy, with an unsettling and unsatisfying ending.
on 27 January 2014
A good read and none that posed many questions of morality in the human race, left me questioning some of by base philosophies.
on 4 April 2016
I'm still not sure what I make of this book. I know I enjoyed reading it, I know that a lot of the maths went right over the top of my head and I also know that some of the religion really irritated me.
on 6 April 2015
Took me a few chapters to get the gist of the story but completed the book was quite emotional near the end and quite thought provoking.
on 22 March 2015
Irritating characters, but a fascinating plot especially if you have a smattering of Physics or curiosity about its ideas.
on 26 May 2015
Superb, so good I bought it for my dad and my mate for Easter too
on 4 April 2015
I really enjoyed this book a really good read for SciFi fans.
on 8 August 2015
Amazon gives a great service thanks
on 5 February 2014
A well written and interesting book. As a fan of Emmy Noether (one of, possibly the best, mathematician of the 20th century) I found it especially so. Presumably , as an American, the author portrays bible belt attitudes and patent procedures accurately. Also the character of Katarina, gives some taste of the brilliance of mind required to be active in modern physics.

Don't worry about this physics stuff . The hero is a likeable character trying to rebuild his life ,clear his debts, and be reunited with his son, while finding love in the process.
on 14 February 2016