Style Name: SingleChange

on 16 October 2014
Awesome fun, I bought 4 guns to have battles with my mates and their children. This is my back up weapon I keep it tucked in the back of my jeans. The laser sight is cool, it's a shame it's a single shot but at the end of the day it's all about the fun and shooting your mate in his nipple piercing from 15 feet is painful for him but priceless. I have an elite jolt as a baby backup a strongarm 8 shooter and a rapidstrike with 2 extra clips.

Yes I am a 35 year old guy, but when your up against a 7, 8, 10 and 11 year old it's war, last time we had a play fight I got taken out by my mates 6 year old daughter with an outstanding rebound shot off the living room celling.

The only problem with nerf is the cleanup after. But it's good harmless clean fun.

My one suggestion if you are going to buy these guns for battles like ours get some eye protection for the children we use paintball masks because it covers the whole face and look cool.
11 comment12 of 13 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 10 July 2013
Item exactly as shown, fast delivery, secure packaging, reasonable price.
As for the use... I couldn't know, but a 11 year old boy, looks really happy!
on 4 September 2013
The best birthday prezzie ever thank's Mum!! That's my eight year old's review what more can i say? Oh ouch when when i get hit ha ha!!
on 24 April 2013
I purchased this as a birthday present , giver reluctant to part with it. Effective in battle, a well received gift .
on 27 May 2014
Bought this for myself and a friend who was feeling down. We're both in our twenties and we have so far (after a few days) had amazing fun with them! The gun shoots fast and pretty far and aiming with a light is also a laugh. Our guy friends also played with them and were very entertained! Basically, laser quest but cheaper and playable at home. I recommend for all ages!
on 9 January 2015
A very nice blaster. Strong and accurate, however it lacks the capacity to make it a primary weapon in any Nerf fight.

That said this is an assassin's weapon. The red light that can be switched on with a simple pull of a separate trigger is both very atmospheric, and unlike most Nerf sights, actually does help you hit the target.

This is smaller than the previous non Elite version of this blaster which along with its range are the main advantages it has over it's predecessor.

The earlier version however features an adjustable 'laser pointer' however which is a real plus, added to which it has a dual pull trigger which allows you to pull gently to aim the 'laser' before pilling fully to shoot. The downside with this is you cannot shoot without also firing the light beam, however it is simpler.

All in all I like both blasters equally, but can't help wishing they had combined the best bits of both into just one gun.
on 9 June 2014
First off I have small hands, and this still feels a bit small even in them. Slightly smaller than a PPK/G26 subcompact. However the rest is more like a larger pistol. Still feels rather substantial to hold though. Should be good for kids as young as 6 although the laser and trigger might be a little stiff. the pull back to 'prime' the gun is great. Holds 2 more darts near the muzzle so reloading is quick. Rather good accuracy, will hit in the little laser light upto around 5m away 90% of the time.

Nice little starter Nerf gun or side-arm. Would have been better with a clip system IMO... but I guess this way the cost is kept to the low end.

Will hit targets further out but as the darts get damaged they loose accuracy. Easily shoots about 15-20m when aimed up a bit.
on 28 January 2013
I'd not long bought a Rampage blaster and I decided that I needed a smaller blaster as a sidearm or just for close quarters. I did a bit of research and found that the newly released Firestrike seemed to fit the bill. Once ordered for a good price, it arrived on time and boy am I glad I went for it. It is really powerful with a fantastic range and hitting power (pretty much on par with my larger Rampage) and has very simple operation. The laser/light is a bit of a party piece and only really works in low light conditions but is an added bonus. The size is just about right - compact enough to be easily handled in confined spaces but still large enough to fit my hand comfortably. All in all, the Firestrike is a great blaster and even more so for the price. Definitely recommend!
on 2 August 2013
Nerf gun has a pretend laser which projects a red light beam for some distance in the dark and about 6 feet in daylight, operated by a separate trigger. Main armament is a sponge rubber 'bullet' fired by a strong spring but doesn't hurt on impact. However, the noise of the discharge is quite impressive and the speed of the bullet scares anyone unfamiliar with the weapon. To cock it prior to firing requires quite a pull, probably not easy for a youngster. There could be problems with nasty kids terrorizing younger siblings and not heeding the warnings to avoid targeting eyes. Suggest those thinking of buying should see a demonstration before purchase. Packaging will defeat kids and many grown-ups. Anti-war and gun activists/lobbyists should avoid. £7.99 at Sainsbury's.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
There seems to be a fault with this gun's design. We got one delivered and it lasted for about five minutes before developing a weird fault where it would just spit out each dart that was loaded into it. It made no difference whether it was cocked, and happened without pulling the trigger. Literally, we put in a dart and it just popped out without any umph. So we sent that one back and got a replacement.

The replacement arrived yesterday morning nad has survived nearly two days of play before developing the same fault, although this time round it's intermitent and can be overcome with perseverence, for a time at least.

It is probably worth mentioning that we have also had a Nerf N-Strike Elite Strongarm Blaster for a couple of weeks and it has proven to be very durable so this fault seems specific to the Firestrike.

So, the Firestrike was fun while it lasted, but just lacked the durability that you'd expect from a toy like this.
22 comments7 of 9 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse