Size: 1000mlChange

on 1 February 2012
Yes , as you guessed , it's still as good as ever Autoglym products. At such good value you really can't go wrong!! If you want to achieve a showroom finish then look no further, I recommend washing with Autoglym shampoo first ( don't use any old detergent or washing up liquid ) then dry off with a chamois/microfiber until all the bodywork is dry.

Application is the next step after all washing + drying is complete you can start polish. I use a microfiber cloth to apply it with but you can use a sponge applicator (works all the same). Then with the free Autoglym Hi Tech finishing cloth which comes with it you use that to buff the polish to achieve that showroom shine!

TIPS.

DON'T use in the sun.
Use circular motions when applying the polish
Do small sections at a time so you don't end up with dried polish.
22 comments83 of 88 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 13 January 2016
I was recommended this car polish by a colleague, I was not disappointed!

Autoglym super resin polish is extremely easy to apply, I would recommend that you also purchase some of these: 12Pcs Wax Waxing Polish Foam Sponge Applicator Pad Cleaning Car Vehicle Glass to apply the polish as they are cheap and just as good as the more expensive branded equivalents. The applicator does tend to absorb lots of the polish as the super resin polish is quite thin, however this isn't really a problem.

The super resin polish is also easy to remove once it has been left for a few minutes, I tend to work my way around the car and by the time I have finished applying it, the body panels which I started on are ready to remove the polish from so there is no waiting around. To remove the polish I use microfibre cloths which I also purchased from Amazon: AmazonBasics Microfibre Cleaning Cloths Pack of 48 at the time I got 48 for about £8 so depending on the current price it might be worth looking around for the best price. These microfibre cloths remove the polish with one pass and very little pressure so there is less chance of introducing swirl marks to your paintwork than other products I have used which are a pain to remove.

The results on my paintwork were excellent, I have found that the super resin polish is capable of removing light surface scratches, however don't expect it to remove large scratches, as a general rule if when you run a fingernail across the scratch it catches in the scratch then polish alone is unlikely to be able to remove it. If the scratch is deep enough that a fingernail catches in it then there are a few options, the best option is probably touch up paint, however if done badly this can result in a very poor finish. I have had quite good results from using the wax stick from Turtlewax Colour Magic: Turtle Wax 500ml Colour Magic - Black to fill in scratches, although this is not a permanent solution.

To ensure the best finish on your paintwork I would advise using Super Resin Polish as part of your procedure, however the other steps are just as important. The procedure I follow is is follows:
1. Wash your car using the two bucket method, search on Youtube for videos of this if you aren't already aware of it. Basically have one bucket with warm water and car shampoo and another bucket of clean water to rinse the microfibre cloth/wash mitt in before putting it back in the soapy water to keep the soapy water clean.
2. (Optional depending on cleanliness of car) Clay your car. This removes bonded contaminants from the paintwork which washing alone can't move. I use a cheap unbranded clay bar such as RONGXINUK Magic Clay Bar Car Detailing Wash Cleaner Blue which work just as well as the expensive branded ones. You can either use a spray bottle of quick detailer or as I do a spray bottle with very diluted car shampoo in to keep the surface of the paint lubricated when using the clay bar.
3. Autoglym Super Resin Polish. This is the point in the process when I use this product, some people say to dry the car before this stage, however as long as the car has air dried to a reasonable degree I've never had any problems applying the polish while the car is still slightly wet.
4. Wax/Sealant. This step is again optional but to keep your freshly polished car is good condition for as long as possible it is best to apply a wax or sealant as the top coat. I use a product called Soft99 Fusso Dark at the moment, this is a Japanese synthetic wax, however I would hesitate to recommend this product as it is very hard to remove. A wax I have seen recommended is PoorBoys Nattys Carnauba Paste Wax: PoorBoys Nattys Carnauba Paste Wax Blue 8ounce. I also use the same foam applicators with wax as I do with polish and remove with a microfibre cloth.
5. Finishing touches, I think that a tyre shine product such as CarPlan Tyre Slik: CarPlan TYS500 Tyre Slik sets off a clean shining car nicely and as it is extremely easy to just spray on and wipe off a few minutes later I would definitely recommend it. Also don't forget to hoover and wipe down the car interior for a professionally detailed look!

The photo I've attached is a car having just been washed and polished using Autoglym Super Resin Polish, no waxes or anything else had been applied at this point.
review image
on 5 March 2011
I have used many makes of polish over the years, but Autoglym cannot be beaten. It's easy to apply and remove, and gives a deep shine that really lasts. It seems to make it harder for the dirt to stick, so the car looks cleaner longer. Some surface scratches are also removed. Top product.
0Comment34 of 38 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 22 August 2010
I've used this polish for years - one of the best available. This large bottle is good value and was delivered quickly. The product and supplier can't be faulted in any way.
on 19 August 2014
I used to use a much more expensive polish when my son in-law recommended super resin so I tried it. I found it had a great result so I will be buying it again, and saving myself quite a bit of money,
on 29 May 2013
I read the reviews and wasn't 100% sure, but thought it was worth a go for my needs. My new car after washing had swirls and haze and it was driving me nuts. I seen this and though it was worth a try, really pleased I did now. After washing in Autoglym Bodywork shampoo conditioner and drying the car, I used this with the palm applicator. I made sure I put only a small amount on, and once dry it can off very easy and left no dust at all. I used the Autoglym Hi-tec finishing cloth and our car looks as it should, new. The results are fantastic and the car is still shinning and no swirl or haze marks.
0Comment25 of 30 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 2 July 2010
I bought this polish for my father-in-law as it is the only one he will use. It dries to a powder and is easily wiped away leaving a lovely shine. Definetly worth the money!
on 29 October 2014
Excellent polish, easy to apply with a microfibre cloth and then buff off to a gleaming finish with a second microfibre.
There is some small wjite powdery residue from it when you buff, but I just shake out the cloth to 1 side so there is no problem.
Compared to Turtle Wax this is easier to buff and leaves less white powdery dust.
Love this stuff, makes the polishing enjoyable and fast to do.
Also cool to see the rain bead and then run off :-)
on 5 September 2015
Never used any polish before and decided since I was being serious about keeping my new car looking stunning, I opted for this, all I can say is WOW! I love the smell I could polish the entire interior of the car just for that nice deep cleaning smell it has. But smells a side the results on the bodywork where amazing. Couldn't ask for a better nor nicer finish. Top notch stuff and wont buy any other now that I use this stuff.
on 1 February 2013
I have been using autoglym products for many years and didn't think that they could improve on the old formula for polish. I was proved wrong. This product goes on easily, doesnt leave any white dust after polishing off and gives a brilliant long lasting shine. Would have no hesitation in recommending this product. The amazon price was also lower than the leading retail price, and there was no delivery charge.