Size: 1000ml|Change

on 1 February 2012
Yes , as you guessed , it's still as good as ever Autoglym products. At such good value you really can't go wrong!! If you want to achieve a showroom finish then look no further, I recommend washing with Autoglym shampoo first ( don't use any old detergent or washing up liquid ) then dry off with a chamois/microfiber until all the bodywork is dry.

Application is the next step after all washing + drying is complete you can start polish. I use a microfiber cloth to apply it with but you can use a sponge applicator (works all the same). Then with the free Autoglym Hi Tech finishing cloth which comes with it you use that to buff the polish to achieve that showroom shine!

TIPS.

DON'T use in the sun.
Use circular motions when applying the polish
Do small sections at a time so you don't end up with dried polish.
44 comments| 103 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 7 October 2011
Wish I'd dropped into Amazon for this before now! Excellent deals going for the larger size bottles.

Believe me, this stuff is absolutely the Mutt's, and have been buying it for over 10 years. I'll be back next time! Plus, a professional is among the reviewers.

Easy to apply and buffs to a great finish without the powdering you get with some others. As someone else mentions, you can polish out small scratches to restore the visual appearance of the paint. It works like a polymer skin over the car, and makes cleaning off road film easier.
on 13 January 2016
I was recommended this car polish by a colleague, I was not disappointed!

Autoglym super resin polish is extremely easy to apply, I would recommend that you also purchase some of these: 12Pcs Wax Waxing Polish Foam Sponge Applicator Pad Cleaning Car Vehicle Glass to apply the polish as they are cheap and just as good as the more expensive branded equivalents. The applicator does tend to absorb lots of the polish as the super resin polish is quite thin, however this isn't really a problem.

The super resin polish is also easy to remove once it has been left for a few minutes, I tend to work my way around the car and by the time I have finished applying it, the body panels which I started on are ready to remove the polish from so there is no waiting around. To remove the polish I use microfibre cloths which I also purchased from Amazon: AmazonBasics Microfibre Cleaning Cloths Pack of 48 at the time I got 48 for about £8 so depending on the current price it might be worth looking around for the best price. These microfibre cloths remove the polish with one pass and very little pressure so there is less chance of introducing swirl marks to your paintwork than other products I have used which are a pain to remove.

The results on my paintwork were excellent, I have found that the super resin polish is capable of removing light surface scratches, however don't expect it to remove large scratches, as a general rule if when you run a fingernail across the scratch it catches in the scratch then polish alone is unlikely to be able to remove it. If the scratch is deep enough that a fingernail catches in it then there are a few options, the best option is probably touch up paint, however if done badly this can result in a very poor finish. I have had quite good results from using the wax stick from Turtlewax Colour Magic: Turtle Wax 500ml Colour Magic - Black to fill in scratches, although this is not a permanent solution.

To ensure the best finish on your paintwork I would advise using Super Resin Polish as part of your procedure, however the other steps are just as important. The procedure I follow is is follows:
1. Wash your car using the two bucket method, search on Youtube for videos of this if you aren't already aware of it. Basically have one bucket with warm water and car shampoo and another bucket of clean water to rinse the microfibre cloth/wash mitt in before putting it back in the soapy water to keep the soapy water clean.
2. (Optional depending on cleanliness of car) Clay your car. This removes bonded contaminants from the paintwork which washing alone can't move. I use a cheap unbranded clay bar such as RONGXINUK Magic Clay Bar Car Detailing Wash Cleaner Blue which work just as well as the expensive branded ones. You can either use a spray bottle of quick detailer or as I do a spray bottle with very diluted car shampoo in to keep the surface of the paint lubricated when using the clay bar.
3. Autoglym Super Resin Polish. This is the point in the process when I use this product, some people say to dry the car before this stage, however as long as the car has air dried to a reasonable degree I've never had any problems applying the polish while the car is still slightly wet.
4. Wax/Sealant. This step is again optional but to keep your freshly polished car is good condition for as long as possible it is best to apply a wax or sealant as the top coat. I use a product called Soft99 Fusso Dark at the moment, this is a Japanese synthetic wax, however I would hesitate to recommend this product as it is very hard to remove. A wax I have seen recommended is PoorBoys Nattys Carnauba Paste Wax: PoorBoys Nattys Carnauba Paste Wax Blue 8ounce. I also use the same foam applicators with wax as I do with polish and remove with a microfibre cloth.
5. Finishing touches, I think that a tyre shine product such as CarPlan Tyre Slik: CarPlan TYS500 Tyre Slik sets off a clean shining car nicely and as it is extremely easy to just spray on and wipe off a few minutes later I would definitely recommend it. Also don't forget to hoover and wipe down the car interior for a professionally detailed look!

The photo I've attached is a car having just been washed and polished using Autoglym Super Resin Polish, no waxes or anything else had been applied at this point.
review image
on 5 March 2011
I have used many makes of polish over the years, but Autoglym cannot be beaten. It's easy to apply and remove, and gives a deep shine that really lasts. It seems to make it harder for the dirt to stick, so the car looks cleaner longer. Some surface scratches are also removed. Top product.
on 14 March 2016
I've used this polish on and off for 20 years. After a few years trying different brands I decided to try it again and have been massively impressed. Not only is it straight forward to apply and leaves a finish as good as anything else I've ever tried, the thing that really stands out for me is how easy it is to buff off! As it says in the description, you can apply it and then maybe go in for a brew before returning to remove it when you are ready. Gone are the days of worrying that you've left it too long, it buffs off with practically no effort and with almost none of that white dust that you used to get.

It's great, buy it, you really won't be disappointed.
on 27 May 2016
Good stuff did both cars. They look good. Except it flew allover the windscreen. Couldn't see anything when I put wipers on. Allmost hit the milk float. an old woman jumped into a garden as I allmost run over her.Then I stopped. Put news paper on ya windscreen if using a buffer
on 12 June 2016
An absolute must have for any car enthusiast. Keeps the colour bright and vibrant. Keeps dirt and grime off the body work.
You can tell when a car is looked after and polished properly, as the water just beads off. I do my car every two weeks, and auto glym super resin polish keeps it looking its absolute best.
The only problem I do have,and this goes for most other polishes too, is that if you get any on the black trim (around windows, diffusers, fog light surrounds etc) anything not gloss, it is a nightmare to remove. But that's down to the competency of the user.
on 24 October 2015
I recently set about trying to tidy up our 12 year old Picasso which had never been polished since we bought it new and spent a while going through a selection of products sitting unused on our garage shelves and getting more depressed recalling how much I hated the job. Eventually I got around to reading reviews and found this. The job actually became enjoyable and I now understand why everyone else's cars look so much better than ours. Judging by the amount used I doubt that I shall be buying any for a few years and, having thrown away all of the other stuff, I now have space in the garage.
on 7 December 2015
Have used AG Super Resin for many years now, and has always been the 'Go To' for a polishing session after the car has been washed. The new formula I thought was a bit of a gimmick as most things are these days but the polish has been improved. It seems to leave a smoother and cleaner paintwork finish than before, which used to be brilliant anyway. Price was also a bargain and it'll last ages. Once I use this I seal the paintwork with Extra Gloss Protection, and the car stays clean for weeks whilst water beads off for months. Recommended.
review image
on 22 August 2010
I've used this polish for years - one of the best available. This large bottle is good value and was delivered quickly. The product and supplier can't be faulted in any way.