on 5 July 2013
The best Lapsang I've ever gotten hold of.

The smoke flavour is persistent without being overwhelming, running off into a somewhat sweet finish.

I'll be reordering as soon as I've finished this batch.
on 3 February 2013
I bought this for my husband for Christmas and he loves it! He uses the tea leaves 3 times before discarding and each time the flavour is still very strong. Perfect!
on 3 September 2015
This tea is for Lapsang converts only, but it's delicious. The first mug leaves you slightly light-headed, in a good way, though the first few sips catch at your throat a bit. The taste is lovely, peaty and deep, with almost an Islay whiskey quality and a sweetly acerbic capsicum-like finish. At around eight pounds for 125g this represents excellent value for money. It is easily the best Lapsang I've tasted, but even hardened Lapsang drinkers will want to drink this with milk in order to sweeten and round off the taste.
on 28 October 2014
The best I have tasted; very smooth with a medium amber colour, a very fine and complex pine smoke flavour which is distinctive and yet subtle.
on 20 May 2015
A great tasting loose tea. When I have used it in a pot it barely needs the strainer as the tea leaves are so big. The caddy is an attractive looking one into the bargain.
on 4 February 2013
The first scent impression, right when unsealed, is like smoked salmon and so can be misleading.

When infused, instead, the result is very intriguing: the taste is persistent, and I found it perfect as an after dinner: I would compare it to a fine meditation cognac to be slowly sipped.

For sure I will buy more once finished the first can.
on 28 July 2015
Very nice and smokey tea. Not quite the best my mother has ever tasted but much better than the major brands in the supermarkets. Very drinkable.
on 25 May 2015
Bitterly disappointed in this unremarkable brew. One-dimensional, wishy-washy taste, with only a superficial (rather than subtle) smokiness.
on 9 July 2015
It does not have the deep sweet smoky taste I have come to expect from this type of tea, okay but nothing amazing.
on 3 October 2014
.A brilliant mellow & flavoursome Soushong with great aroma. A heaped teaspoon makes a nicely balanced brew.