on 5 July 2013
The best Lapsang I've ever gotten hold of.

The smoke flavour is persistent without being overwhelming, running off into a somewhat sweet finish.

I'll be reordering as soon as I've finished this batch.
on 6 April 2016
Tastes like drinking an ashtray. Can't bear the stuff on it's own.

So why 4 stars?

Well add a small pinch (like literally 5 leaves) of this to 2 teaspoons of good strong black tea - Waitrose Assam for example - and the hint of smokiness rounds adds something really special to the taste.
on 24 May 2016
Lapsang Souchong as it should be! Perfect balance of tannin & smokiness. If you love Lapsang, I'm pretty sure you will love this one.

Twinnings is OK - it used to be my favorite until the made some changes. I now have a new favourite The Tea Makers of London!

The Tea Makers of London Chai of Madagaskar is also highly recommended.

I purchased this with a great little infuser;

I also purchased Tea Makers of London Chai of Madagaskar;
on 4 February 2013
The first scent impression, right when unsealed, is like smoked salmon and so can be misleading.

When infused, instead, the result is very intriguing: the taste is persistent, and I found it perfect as an after dinner: I would compare it to a fine meditation cognac to be slowly sipped.

For sure I will buy more once finished the first can.
on 31 August 2015
Well, I loved the flavour of this tea, but I'm sorry to say it makes me feel quite ill! Every time I drink it I get an itchy throat and a headache that lasts about 30-40 minutes without fail. (It, uh, took me an embarassingly long time to make the connection.) I don't know how they're achieving the smokey flavour but I'm not actually sure it's healthy to drink this stuff.

2 stars because I really did love the flavour though. Tastes like a campfire! In a good way. But makes you ill, in a bad way. 2 stars.
on 3 September 2015
This tea is for Lapsang converts only, but it's delicious. The first mug leaves you slightly light-headed, in a good way, though the first few sips catch at your throat a bit. The taste is lovely, peaty and deep, with almost an Islay whiskey quality and a sweetly acerbic capsicum-like finish. At around eight pounds for 125g this represents excellent value for money. It is easily the best Lapsang I've tasted, but even hardened Lapsang drinkers will want to drink this with milk in order to sweeten and round off the taste.
on 3 February 2013
I bought this for my husband for Christmas and he loves it! He uses the tea leaves 3 times before discarding and each time the flavour is still very strong. Perfect!
on 28 October 2014
The best I have tasted; very smooth with a medium amber colour, a very fine and complex pine smoke flavour which is distinctive and yet subtle.
on 21 May 2014
I like it. It isn't quite as potent and pugeant as a normal Lapsang Souchong in my opinion. I have no idea what the Tarry means (maybe they misspelt Larry, the chap who picked the tea?) but it's a nice variant. I'd go back for a second cup.
on 20 May 2015
A great tasting loose tea. When I have used it in a pot it barely needs the strainer as the tea leaves are so big. The caddy is an attractive looking one into the bargain.