on 5 February 2013
I have never been a great fan of dates but when my personal trainer recommended Medjool dates to get my sugar hits ( rather than chocolate ) I was sceptical.
I chose these as they had the same philosophy as Fairtrade .
These are the biggest , sweetest , juiciest dates I have ever come across.
As for me , I am now addicted to dates rather than chocolate :) and will soon be ordering more.
on 18 May 2013
More satisfying than soft caramel and far more nutritious. I initially bought these to show support for the Palestinian farmers, but as I've never tasted better Medjool dates I'll be ordering more, and this time, for both reasons.
on 27 August 2013
I've found that the type and quality of dates varies greatly, as does how delightful they are to eat. The cheapest and most commonly found in UK supermarkets, which I think are dried and pitted Deglet Nour's, are probably great for baking with but not a great example of a date to simply eat and be delighted by.

Unpitted Medjool's are in my experience the most flavoursome of all varieties, and I consider them to be a treat on their own. They have a melt in the mouth texture which I think delivers an experience similar to eating fudge (but less sweet).

I do find it difficult to find unpitted medjool's which are definitely not produced in an occupied territory so my 5 stars for this product is due to a combination of:

1. The best tasting dates of any I've tried
2. Produced from a non-occupied territory
3. Easiest access (other options meet the 2 criteria above, but are not as simple to purchase)

At the time of writing there are to my knowledge no high-street supermarkets which can regularly meet the criteria above (sometimes there are USA produced dates, but not always)

I follow a tip to store the dates in the freezer or fridge, which keeps them in good condition for longer and also gives them some initial resistance to melting in the mouth - fantastic. These little boxes are very convenient for this purpose.
on 17 June 2013
I have been buying these dates for years now and directly through the network of volunteers that sell Zeytoun's products.

Great taste, soft, and very nutritious.
on 18 February 2014
These dates are simply the best,Also knowing i am buying from palestinian farmers,i cannot be happier, excellent dates, Thank you.
on 24 June 2013
Having eaten these in Jordan I had high expectations of these dates and I wasn't disappointed, absolutely delicious and well worth the price. Will buy again, soon.
on 25 September 2013
These are some good delicious dates. The dates themselves are very clean, no dust on them, and the packaging is very neat.
They came in three small packages, each containing 14 dates I think. They are the type of black dates that are very soft and have natural molasses (juice), but they are also not the dry types that are light brown and barely sweet. They are somewhere in between: soft in the mouth with a very thin skin and a dark brown colour. I love them and everyone at home (a student house) loved them too. My only complaint is why there is no bigger packaging? As they are so yummy, they will go quickly. I will definitely order more and recommend to anyone who likes date.
on 8 March 2015
The best dates in the world. Keep them in the fridge. Wait 2 weeks before eating them. No horrible after taste like the supermarket rubbish due to all their unwanted additives. Some one needs to build a supermarket that only sells all the healthy stuff amazon sells. Build it and they shall come!
Thanks a lot.
on 4 June 2016
Nice, big and soft - sweeter than some others I tried. I don't have a very sweet tooth, so this is actually good as I can't eat too many at once.
Perfect for using in vegan or flour free cake recipes. Will definitely have some more. The packaging does not say that they are organic, neither is this stated on their website, this is the only point of criticism I have.
on 6 February 2016
Good meaty and succulent dates of Medjool variety.
Comes as 3 packs of 250g bundled together, shelf life at the moment of purchase was +01y04m.
As it was mentioned before, they do not have any actual organic and/or fair trade certifications, despite claims by merchant.
Since pretty much all Medjool dates taste and look the same if handled properly, these seem to be above average price for Medjool variety.
4 stars very well earned.