Colour Name: Amber BrownChange

on 2 April 2013
I say "cover" rather than case as it is really just a very nice outer-shell for the Galaxy Tab. I have a Galaxy Note phone and I bought a Samsung Flip Cover for it and really like it. This is virtually the exact same cover EXCEPT that it does not replace the back of the device the way the phone's flip cover does. It does however fit extremely neatly, adding almost zero additional thickness or weight - my key requirement since I do not take the TAB out and about - yet. Some people will feel that it's functionality is limited and yes, the front cover can slip up the screen due to the folds for using it as a stand, BUT ONLY IF you do not carry it properly. So if you want the maximum flexibility and you don't mind extra bulk and weight with your device, then I would say you should buy a wallet type case. IF however, like me you want something simple that looks great, covers and protects the Tab well,and does the basic job as a stand - then this is a MUST HAVE.
on 3 April 2013
Think very carefully before you buy this case. If you want protection and use your tab in a busy working environment this case is not for you. It is a very thin vinyl material and the edges provide no protection at all. The cover does not have a closure so it will open far too easily. It does not protect the screen in any way. It looks nice because of the styling but is worth no more than a few pounds at most. If you want a good cover go for Snugg Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 Case - Leather Cover and Flip Stand with Elastic Hand Strap and Premium Nubuck Fibre Interior (Black) - Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 Case - From Snugg with Lifetime Guarantee
on 13 December 2012
This cover is superb and it is official from Samsung! It fits perfectly on my galaxy tab 2. The finish is good with high-quality materials. The color is a beautiful dark blueish-grey. This cover allows to hold it in three good positions: +-30º, +-60º and "book position".

I only rate it 4 stars since the cover's front face does not stay closed if you turn it upside down. This is a design flaw, but it is not serious.
on 20 July 2013
As seen there are fairly mixed review for this product. Nope, it's true it is not a super protective case, the sides are exposed and the fold over cover is not held in place. This for me is not a problem however as when ever I want to transport the device I simply place the tablet and case in another laptop type cover for added protection. This case is ideal to give the Tab2 added protection when in use at home, office, cafe etc. The corners are safely clicked into the plastic base and the canvas fold type screen protector positions and holds sufficiently robustly the Tab2 to either type or upright to view media files. Furthermore the amber brown colour with the silver lettering looks very elegant. In short would definately recommend this case but probs best get another cover to give sufficient protection in transit.
on 1 May 2013
I love this, it fits and protects perfectly, and does everything I want it to. No complaints at all :)
on 6 February 2013
Spent a long time researching the best cover for my Galaxy Tab2.Couldn't find many on the shops to look at and would have had to take the tablet with me.

So many reviews say that the covers bought didn't fit properly. Problems included the camera lens/speaker being covered. Even the best one said you had to charge with the cover open.

This is the genuine Samsung cover. Make sure you purchase the right cover as the Note is larger than the Tab2 and wont fit this cover.

All slots for camera, cables and speakers in the right place. Tablet fits comfortably in the solid back and the base cover does not clip over the tablet (something I didn't want) but sits flush with top surface. The top cover flap has a magnetic strip which keeps it in place when folded under for the typing or reading angle.

But, the flap does not attach itself when closed with either a clip or elastic band. The design also means that the tablet is not completely enclosed on 3 sides which may let dirt in. I will be buying a slim pouch with zip for when it goes in my bag. Would I buy again? It was expensive but I have not had any problems with the fit.

It can be charged open or shut.
VINE VOICEon 4 June 2013
There are too many options available for cases for your Galaxy Tab 2 10.1. It makes choosing confusing.

I have read numerous reviews before deciding on which one to go for. I also tried another leather effect style case from Tesco but returned it. The protection was good but it seemed to negate the purpose of a tablet, in making it weighty and not as portable, I may as well have been carrying a laptop round.

I looked at cheaper cases but many of the leather effect ones had reviews saying, don't buy if you have a white Galaxy Tab as it left black marks on the back etc. Or other more plasticky ones broke within a few weeks.

1. Fits perfectly.
2. It is light so that Tablet remains very portable and easy to handle.
3. Different viewing positions. One for typing (magnetically attached) which is pretty stable, one for watching video, which is just by bending the front case in the right places to form a stand (a little unsteady). Also easy to handle fully folded back in book reading mode.
4. Looks really good and adds to the look of the Tab

1. Price - it is quite expensive, for what it is, but it does fit perfectly and does the job really well.
2. Protection from falls may not be as good as bigger designs as the front flap is loose, but bigger designs come at the cost of weight and lack of portability.
3. When folded over the cover covers over the camera, but then again, it would look stupid when closed if there was a hole in the front of the case that would match up with the back.
on 9 January 2014
I have a slip in Samsung case ( Nice, useable, but dull black leather )and a green case of similar design to this but not Samsung brand. These Samsung book style cases were going in the sale for not much over a tenner and I fancied a change of color so I decided to order one. First impression when taking it out of the wrapping was that I couldn't believe that Samsung have this as a usual retail price of over forty pounds ! Don't get me wrong, it's a nice enough case but barely worth the price I paid for it and certainly not worth the `normal' price.
The back is plastic and the front cover a flexible vinyl with plastic reinforcing strips and a soft touch backing. If you close it up, put your fingers on the front cover and move them around the cover slips about 1cm in every direction making it feel flimsy. The front flap does not quite cover up to the edges of the tablet so if you spill liquid onto it your tablet will still get wet along the edges which, having a glass screen, is the only place it's vulnerable anyway. I note that Samsung give the cover a limited 6 month warranty and consider it "a consumable product" which doesn't bode well for it lasting too long. On the plus side, it looks nice and it's light and thin. Just don't expect it to last too long if you chuck it in a bag with a bunch of other stuff. I'm not sure why they have a cut out for the power button though. Why would you want to turn it on when it's closed ?
For the people complaining that you can't use the camera when it's folded back, this is true but on the other hand all you have to do it to turn your tablet upside down and let the flap dangle below the screen and you can take video or pics fine. And no, it doesn't come out upside down when you play it back.
For the money, the unbranded green cover I bought for less than a tenner is nearly the same quality and at least has magnetic corners to keep it closed. It also works better as a stand being more stable.
So, buy it if it's going really cheap in the sale, you are more concerned with style than functionality and you'll be keeping it in a dedicated `pocket' of your bag. If you are bunging it in with other stuff or want a cover that will actually protect your tablet to even the tiniest extent, this is not for you.
on 27 February 2013
This case is quite expensive compared to others. I was very disapointed when I opened it and tried it. It looks cheap, and my tablet did not feel secure when placed in it. The delivery was prompt, and returning was easy, though I had to pay postage, and a couple of pounds was knocked off my refund due to the fact that I had opened the case from the packaging. However the refund was prompt. I would buy from this seller again in future, but the case was very disapointing.
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 30 March 2013
I would say that Samsung do well in designing robust, easy clean materials in there products.I like this cover because it fits good and gives confidence to me that it will considerably protect the tab, you get a positive "click" when you fit your tab into the cover.The useful design of the cover is demonstrated when you can tilt the tab cover to avoid the glare on the tab screen, particularly when using your tab with in the office environment. A good purchase for any owner of a tab 2, would highly reccomend this cover.