Shop now Shop Now Shop now Shop Cyber Monday Deals Week in Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Amazon Fire TV Shop now DIYED Shop now Shop Fire Kids Edition Shop Kindle Voyage Listen in Prime Shop now Shop now

4.7 out of 5 stars1,319
Style Name: 32GB BlueChange

on 7 August 2013
So happy i chose to buy this! It has a new slick design, very lightweight and very thin with a longer and much better screen, and has a lot more features. The camera has such a high resolution it's brilliant, and Siri is hilarious on it, sending you straight to the app you want when you say it which is nice. It is also louder than it's predecessors so i won't have the problem of it being to quiet when i'm in a group and want to play music from my iPod. The only problem really is that I've had to buy a lightning to 30 pin adapter so i can use it with my 4th generation accessories. My docking station pulls my iPod inside and because the iPod is taller, it doesn't fit which is quite annoying, but it isn't a big deal. Definitely recommend this to everybody!
on 6 January 2014
I am very new to technology and hoped in my retirement to have time to explore. I just love this Ipod. It can do everything and now I've downloaded the user-guide I can actually understand most of it. The Ipod is easy to use - very good sound quality. The screen is not too small for clumsy hands.
on 22 July 2013
I love the iPod 5 can listen to all my favourite music and play some great games along with going on the Internet and checking my emails. It's been a real life saver for me as got an illness and its help lift my spirits I love it and think its amazing. Would recommend to anyone. Xx
on 5 December 2013
If you want an iPad which you can fit in your pocket? This is a quality bit if kit, does pretty much everything an iPad does without the big screen.
on 5 August 2015
I purchased my yellow ipod touch 5th gen 64 gb just under two years ago. The ipod plays music well, easy enough to navigate but I started having severe battery issues coming up for a year of first purchase. I get about four to five albums played from a full charge before the ipod drops to zero - plug it in to charge and it immediately shows as 30% and charging?? I took ipod into apple store last year and they were great, no questions asked and swapped over for a new (actually reconditioned) ipod problem solved. Until coming up for another year and I'm having exactly the same issues. Again. Only this time the unit is no longer under warranty and I will have to pay £59 to swap over for another *new/reconditioned ipod. (beginning to see the pattern?)

So ask yourself, do you really want to pay top dollar for a product with one year shelf life? Do you feel comfortable paying an additional £59 a year subscription fee in battery fixes. I'll go one better - don't forget you'll have to fork out for lightning adapters, lightning to usb camera adapters - £30. Playing flacs? Ha that aint gonna be easy. Upgradable storage? pfffffttt

There are far more options out there now for high quality digital audio players than there were 2 years ago. I urge you to do a bit of research, look into them, and save yourself the hassle. Apple know their product will fail every 12 months. And quite happy to charge you extra for the privilege.
on 30 June 2013
After having an iPod touch 4th generation 32Gb, I really wasn't sure whether to upgrade to the 5th generation iPod touch but after trialling my friends I came to the decision i would.

Its stunning HD screen is flawless and makes the iPod Touch 5th Generation a pleasure to use, with its 1080p camera catching every special moment. The design of the this iPod touch improves greatly, with significant weight loss, the feel of this iPod is fantastic. With its new bigger screen you can now play and type on a bigger screen, I believe that this iPod touch has a longer battery life then its younger gen. However I think that is arguable in ways. The iPod touch 5th gen has to offer large space of memory which lets you download all the songs/videos/apps you want without using all the memory.

Overall, I struggle to find a flaw to this iPod so realistically I can state that if you have the money and want to upgrade then do. But if you are to purchase this, make a good choice on how much memory you think you are to use.
55 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 11 August 2013
I previously bought an ipod touch 32 gb 4th generation back in autumn 2010 when it was released - from amazon as well- that ipod still works perfectly fine but i have noticed the battery life has waned a lot lately and needs more frequent charging so i decided to treat myself to a new one.

I have gone with amazon again and im delighted i have. In the past , i would have been wary of ordering electronics from abroad and delivered through the postal service to me in Ireland , but i have found such concerns arent warranted. The goods always come well packaged and work fine from amazon.

Plus, the pricing is a no- brainer on amazon. I could have paid 345 euro for this at argos here in ireland or ordered from for 330 euro but why would i when i can get it for 250 euro delivered from amazon. That's pretty much an 80 -95 euro saving - so big saving there.

I am really impressed with amazon's service and delivery . The product was ordered monday and i had it thursday despite it not being due to arrive til monday or tuesday next week. excellent service

As for the ipod itself, well it exactly as you'd expect- a great piece of apple kit. The design is sleeker and very like the iphone 5. Alot less bulky than the previous 4th generation model i had. the screen is definitely sharper too. The camera is a huge step up and the sound quality is a bit sharper than the last too.

Overall , im very happy with the product and amazon's excellent service and the huge saving i have made
on 18 December 2012
This is an amazing piece of electronics and I certainly do not regret this purchase. The Ipod has a spectacular and crisp display and was fast to respond. Thin and sleak design, A must buy!
on 19 February 2014
Had this for around a year now, but thought I'd come back and leave a review. This latest iPod Touch from Apple is probably one of the best things they've released. It's pretty much an iPhone, the only difference is, you can't make calls directly from the device, but even then there's apps you can download to do that! It has everything you need included, such as Facetime and Messages. The design (now you can upgrade it to iOS 7) is flawless and stylish. It's light and very thin (probably almost half the width of an iPhone), which feels great in the hand. Thousands of apps to download for free, pretty much any app you can get on the iPhone, you can also install on here (except Whatsapp, which is a big shame!). Would definitely recommend to anybody considering buying. 32GB is also probably the best size to purchase, as the memory can fill up quite fast, especially when you get addicted to all the apps. Camera quality is crystal clear, probably the best quality I've had, even better than my digital camera.
on 12 August 2013
Wow! what a wonderful product, so small yet so powerful!

I'm really pleased with my ipod, it's worth every single penny!

The volume level from the ear buds is "seriously" loud, a little too loud in my opinion.

Love that amazingly clear screen, it's a portable tiny everything in the palm of your hand!

Wonderful music player and sooooo much more!