4.4 out of 5 stars1,801
Colour Name: Space GreyChange

on 28 December 2012
I bought this on a whim yesterday to replace my third generation Ipod Touch. After three years with the touch I realised that I never use wifi, I never download apps, I never watch movies and I never play games. All I want is a touch screen music player. With the same memory as my old 16gb Ipod Touch, this does the job.

Whereas with the Ipod Touch I constantly guilt-tripped myself for not making the most out of it's fancy functions (apps, wifi etc.) the very fact that you cannot download extra things on this 7th generation nano, is comforting. Saying that, if you're really into your internet browsing, app-usage and game playing then steer clear of the nano.

Further, I'm sure many of you, like me, are waiting for your mobile phone contract to end so you can sign up for an Iphone. With a year to go on my current phone contract this provides a great transition to an Iphone. I won't feel like I've wasted my money on this Ipod when I eventually get an Iphone because this is a music player, pure and simple. In my eyes, buying an Ipod Touch and signing up for an Iphone contract would have been a complete waste of money as they are fairly similar.

So for me, this works but as with anything it totally depends on what you want from the product. I just like listening to music and for that, the sound quality is great. However, one thing I will say is that if you are used to a decent pair of headphones, then the new earpod headphones that come with the nano are a little disappointing. However, this isn't really a problem as you can always hook up your preferred headphones to the device.
88 comments637 of 680 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 7 January 2013
I absolutely love this product, it is perfect. Nice sleek design, nice colour, easy to use and good sound quality.
0Comment52 of 55 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 16 February 2013
Just "Brilliant". Can get so much music on it. Large screen makes it easy to operate even for the likes of me with glasses.
11 comment22 of 23 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 11 July 2013
I think its a great little piece of electronic equipment, it may surprise you to learn that I am 80 years old but I love pop music of all kinds, I previously had an mp 3 player but this does far more ...
22 comments184 of 199 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 2 November 2013
Looks great small and light brilliant present for my girlfriend and very quick to get to me would recommend to others
0Comment39 of 42 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
TOP 500 REVIEWERon 4 September 2015
The quality of the iPod nano is excellent, I bought it for my daughter for her birthday and she loves it. I really can't fault the build quality. She has used it almost every day and gets endless entertainment out of it. The iTunes store is excellent and had a huge catalogue for sale.

However, but there are a couple of extremely poor, and quite frankly baffling, design choices made by Apple.

First, the iPod nano has a very small internal memory - 16GB is tiny by today's standards. My music library is over double that size and growing all the time.

Secondly, there is no facility to add additional memory. For example, my Android phone has 16GB internal memory and will take a 64GB internal memory card and I can plug a second 64GB dual USB drive into the phone's external port. The iPod nano is stuck at a permanent 16GB - this makes absolutely no sense whatsoever, considering that the iPod nano's O/S takes up some of that space and, as time goes on, Apple presumably want customers to buy more music - why then don't they give their customers the storage space for that ever expanding music collection? My iPod classic has 160GB of memory - why does the newer iPod nano have just a tenth of the storage of the older model? Internal flash cards are tiny and don't take up much room, so it's nothing to do with the overall size of the device.

To sum up, the build quality is excellent and possibly the best there is, the iTunes store is great, but the device is let down by having very limited storage. 4/5 stars.
on 3 March 2014
This is by far the best nano to date. It is easy to use with the touch screen making quick access to your music and settings. The volume control/pause play buttons on the side are a great feature. I would recommend this to anybody who loves music.
11 comment60 of 67 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 19 January 2014
Wanted something small and light for when I take the dog out. Simple to operate but I needed help to set it up ( I am not very IT). As for the seller, the delivery time was well in advance of suggested delivery date. All round very happy to recommend it
0Comment27 of 30 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
VINE VOICEon 30 July 2015
Very happy with this tiny mp3 player. Although one could gripe about the price (lack of competition from the likes of Sony keep it high), you can't deny the quality. As ever it's very easy to use, setup is a doddle with iTunes installed and the lightning cable seems faster at syncing. It's very easy to organise and sync your music, videos and podcasts at the click of a button. I like the fact that Apple have removed the 'wheel' for adjusting volume (yes its been a while since I've owned a Nano) and replaced it with side buttons. It's less fiddly and easy to use.

Included with the iPod are the new ear-pod headphones. They are really quite good audio-wise for small ear buds. However I did find them a little uncomfortable, and if you're more sensitive to ear buds, they may not be your cup-of-tea either.

Possibly my two favourite features are 'bluetooth' and the FM Radio. The radio is pretty self explanatory, but is great for long journeys. Bluetooth means you can connect the iPod wirelessly to a set of enabled speakers or your car speakers if they use Bluetooth. Excellent for when you want "crank some toons".

One thing I love about using iTunes (over, say, Sony's music player) is the ease at which you can organise various songs and albums, merge, sort and make audio adjustments to individual tracks. I've found this very helpful when merging songs into one compilation album.

I'm very impressed with this new iPod, it's very small, holds a lot at 16GB, is as easy as ever to use and very light. I do think it's overpriced at just 16GB in memory however, but until Sony can produce a decent rival along with software, this is pretty much still Apple's territory.
on 8 January 2014
This was bought for an elderly relative (80) and he has no problems finding and playing albums on this, if you don't need to use wifi or download then this is just the ticket, simple to use.
0Comment47 of 53 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse