on 16 May 2013
Had been looking for a good quality monitor for my sons gaming rig. After looking around and asking some questions on Tech Forums, was told that AOC would be a good buy as I am on a tight budget. Certainly lives up to what I was told. Looks great has a nice firm tilt function and gives great colour clarity. Response timing is more than adequate for mid level gaming. I hope it lasts as long as the last AOC CRT monitor we had (over 7 years)
on 31 August 2014
The monitor itself is very good, clear display with bright, vibrant colours. It also appears to be quite solidly made. The big drawback is the stand, it's very cheaply made and quite flimsy. It didn't help that the securing screws for the stand were missing from the contents of the box. On the plus side, all other leads were included, VGA and DVI video leads and 3.5mm jack audio lead. All in all, a reasonable monitor for the money and, yes, I would recommend it to a friend - I think you'd have to spend quite a bit more to get a noticeably better picture.
I almost forgot - the driver would not install on Windows 8.1, not really a problem as Windows installed a generic Intel driver that works perfectly. None of the other software would install either, but again this wasn't really a problem, just something I find rather irritating! So, good monitor, poor stand and unknown drivers and software as I couldn't install it (and couldn't be bothered trying too hard!), but good value for money.
on 15 January 2014
I think this is a great monitor comes with both a VGA and DVI cables. Picture quality is great, like others mention the speakers are a bit rubbish but i have my own so doesn't really matter all that much to me. I would say its a very good monitor for the price as long as you don't use the inbuilt speakers, great value nonetheless.
on 8 August 2013
Bought this to replace my old 17in monitor i bought in 2005 wish i had bought this sooner as it is like i can see my screen in a new light and wow bigger brighter better.
on 21 November 2015
A decent computer screen and very happy with it for the price! The quality of the picture is great, nice and bright, plus the brightness is easily adjusted using the buttons underneath the screen. The monitor is ridiculously easy to set up and once in place it hasn't moved at all. Fantastic for ensuring the monitor won't fall over!

I agree with some other reviewers that the buttons on the monitor are slightly hard to see. But the only one I use is the on/off button. Plus I quite like how it looks visually without being able to see the buttons. The only criticism would be the speakers not being such brilliant quality. But for a budget monitor definitely can't complain too much!
review image review image review image review image
on 25 July 2013
It took a long time to choose a new monitor as I didn't really know what I was looking for. This one was exactly what I expected and I am very pleased with it.
on 29 December 2013
This is the second monitor i have bought and I have to say they great. Really clear and sharp images. Would recommend to anyone.
on 30 November 2014
This product has one fatal flaw: the power connection at the back is a tad flimsy, by which I mean that the power cable does not really "lock" into place and sit firmly. The power cable is perpendicular to the screen, meaning it sticks out of the back rather than slotting in upwardly as I have often seen on other monitors. This means that if you have the monitor pushed up against a wall and decide to move it, the power can loosen and the monitor will turn off. Getting it back in can be fiddly and often results in several attempts at putting it in without connection returning, taking it out and repeating this until you get lucky. Then the slightest touch can dislodge is again.

I am on my second monitor as I returned the first because this fault was making it unusable.. simply bumping the table it was sitting on would cause it to disconnect. Alas, the replacement is better but it is definitely a design flaw. Because of this, an otherwise fantastic monitor gets only 3 stars.
on 8 June 2014
After much deliberation I settled on this monitor, which was within my budget for a necessary upgrade from a very tiny 17" monitor.
I have not been disappointed.

The base of the stand is very sturdy, however the monitor itself tends to wobble quite a bit if the desk is knocked - I do not worry about it coming loose or toppling over though as it is very firmly affixed to the stand.

It does indeed have a tilt function and can be tilted up and down across a small angle - it can be a little stiff.

The colours are very vibrant and the blacks are true.

The software disc which arrived with the monitor can be a little difficult to fathom. It took me a while to navigate the internal folders and find the drivers I needed for my version of windows (8) and to get the AOC-i menu program to install which allows you direct control over the colour warmth, luminance and so on direct from your desktop without having to fiddle with the buttons on the underside of the monitor itself.

The only problem I did run into was that I found it very difficult to navigate those buttons on the monitor as they words (like Menu etc) are embossed into the plastic, which has a bevelled edge and therefore you don't even notice there is anything written there unless you have your face about an inch away from the monitor.
on 9 March 2014
I wanted a cheap but cheerful second monitor for my PC and this came up with good reviews. For the price, it is a good buy. It is interesting when you run dual monitors as you can see the two screens alongside each other. The AOC is not quite so sharp and the colours not quite so bright although I could tinker to get a better match. In terms of reading text (Word documents, web pages, etc.) it is fine. I would happily recommend it.
I gave it four stars rather than five as it has an odd problem which it may be my fault for not having solved but I'm not sure how to go about it. On the right hand side of the screen, about 1.5 cms. of the screen is blacked out so the actual visible screen doesn't go up to the bevel. Whatever window I put on that screen, part of it disappears so I have to keep it slightly less than maximum size. Perhaps someone knows the answer....