4.4 out of 5 stars1,002

on 15 February 2015
I am one of the naughty buyers normally, who read feedback and rely on it, but never leave it for others. However, after buying this rotating brush, I had to leave feedback, because it is fantastic.
I am a middle aged lady with chronic Rheumatoid Arthritis, and was really struggling with holding a hairdryer in one hand, and constantly twirling a brush in the other whilst trying to get my hair dry, and hopefully look half decent.
I read the other reviews for this product, and decided to take a chance, and I am so glad I did!!
In fact the first time I used it I was nearly in tears, because for the first time in a long time, I had dried and styled my hair, and my hands were not in agony.
I now look forward to getting ready in a morning, and not dreading the hair drying part!
As other reviewers have said, let you hair dry naturally to about 80% dry, and then use the styler, and the results are brilliant, the best my hair has ever looked!
Anybody else out there who has painful hand joints etc, I really don't think that you will be disappointed with this at all.
A HUGE thank you to BaByliss for making my life easier xx
on 11 October 2012
I don't often use an exclamation mark but this product definitely deserves one. I spotted this whilst in an airport on a TV shopping channel and wished that I had had the time to buy it at the lower price. I've owned the larger one for some time but having just had a haircut, this seemed ideal. Easy to handle, great temperature settings, the back of your hair looks as good as the front and the end result really does look as if an expensive blow-dry has taken place. Wouldn't be without this now as it's so much quicker than a hairdryer although it can be helpful to 'rough dry' first if you have a dryer to hand. Faultless piece of kit in my opinion.
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 21 November 2015
My hair is rubbish. Seriously. I have bleached it since I was 14 so that's 28 years of monthly brain fry (ahem). It's also curly and frizzy and just generally sh1t. To look half decent if I go anywhere nice I book into a hairdressers just to have it washed and blow dried. Sad I know. Then I happened upon this little beauty. I wasn't holding out much hope but I was amazed. Nay. Astounded. I washed my hair this morning and left it to dry naturally. Thus ensured the usual effect of being rampantly shagged in some undergrowth and then sitting in an open topped sports car doing 110 mph from London to Newcastle. I ventured into town to have a look around Iceland as I had just purchased a freezer and thought I might fill it with some party food and feel all posh. Have you ever been to a south London Iceland? Man alive it's like an unlocked asylum! I caught sight of myself in the shop window and thought - it's time to bring out the big guns. I may be wearing velour. I may be shopping in Iceland for beef dripping Yorkshire puddings but I CAN have a half decent smoothish bonce at the same time. I cracked the seal on the box when I got home and FIVE MINUTES LATER I had a smooth long bob!!!!!! I kid you not. I held the brush to my head and it picked up the hair itself, twizzled it around and bob ('scuse the pun) is your blooming straight haired son of a diddly's uncle. Buy one. Buy one now. Tell everyone.
on 18 March 2013
I previously had the Big Hair Rotating Styler (50mm) which I thought was a good product although the barrel size was rather large for my hair and I found it difficult to get 'height' at the roots. I only bought that styler last September and was dismayed when only some 6 months later it suddenly smelt terrible while in use last week and promptly conked out!

The same day, after reading the reviews on this site I ordered the 2777U model (which has a smaller barrel). I think it's a great product!

I have very fine hair which is in a longish bob style. I have used the styler after using my ordinary shampoo and conditioner (John Freida hair thickening range)and also in combination with hair boosting products such as Bumble and Bumble Hair Thickening spray and GHD Root Lift. The results are noticeably different - if I use hair boosting products the results after using the styler are much much better and last longer.

The styler itself takes a little getting used to but it is honestly worth the effort. I am pretty rubbish at styling my hair but the rotating styler creates a wonderful salon-like blow dry in a short space of time. As I've said, my hair is fine so doesn't take long to dry - I can get a sleek bob style in around 5-6 minutes. You do need to practice using the machine - at the beginning you can get in a pickle pressing the wrong rotation buttons, get your hair tangled up after selecting the fast rotation setting etc but after a few attempts the results can be truly amazing.

I think this barrel size is ideal for shorter hair lengths and on my long bob it works a treat. I'd also say that I get less static with this styler than I did with the previous one.

One criticism though - I wish BaByliss had properly described what sort of hair length this styler is more suited to on the box or on the general promotional info it gives before one makes a purchase - it only described this styler being more suited to shorter hair in the instruction leaflet that I got after making the purchase! It was only thanks to the ladies who wrote Amazon reviews that I realised this model would be more suitable for my hair - otherwise I would have probably just bought the same model as before.

Other thing to say - re: the styler that broke down. Amazon was absolutely brilliant at dealing with the refund - easy to contact, really friendly and helpful - faultless service.

Thank you to all the people who wrote reviews on this product as it helped me to decide on this model - that's why I decided to write one too.
22 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 27 April 2015
Couldn't live without this rotating styler, just like I couldn't live without my Carmen rollers in the 60-70-80-90-2000.
it is excellent and my third one. They do wear out, or the bristle wears out after time. I use mine every day and love it.
I use it on dry hair, never wet hair
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
The Babyliss hair curlers have a sleek and compact design and is a must have for anyone who wants a bit more volume in their hair. It comes with a handy cap that stops the bristles getting damaged. It features a cool setting to set your style and two heat settings. You control the turning of the stylers so you can just use it as a brush/dryer, the bristles are also really good at untangling hair so you don't end up with tangled hair stuck in the brush. This styler really does work and gives added volume to the roots of your hair leaving you with lovely smooth but big hair, great for a night out or just an every day boost. It doesn't get too hot either so you don't dry out or burn your hair. It also has a very long lead which is great for standing up and using it. All in all its a great product that does exactly what it should do and leaves you with lovely soft hair.
on 28 April 2013
This is the best thing since 5the invention of sliced bread makes the hair feel lovely and smooth and not frizzy
on 26 November 2014
I purchased this product in March this year and after 7 months it has stopped working. The air brush releases a smoky smell and then turns off. This is extremely dangerous.
on 27 December 2014
Have only had the dryer since July 2014 and on Christmas Day, it decided to burn out and stop. Not to be recommended
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 29 September 2013
Whilst this item 'does what it says on the tin' I seem to recall reading that it was good for shorter hairstyles. It may be but not for my short, fine hair, the actual roller is just too big.