4.4 out of 5 stars1,095

on 15 February 2015
I am one of the naughty buyers normally, who read feedback and rely on it, but never leave it for others. However, after buying this rotating brush, I had to leave feedback, because it is fantastic.
I am a middle aged lady with chronic Rheumatoid Arthritis, and was really struggling with holding a hairdryer in one hand, and constantly twirling a brush in the other whilst trying to get my hair dry, and hopefully look half decent.
I read the other reviews for this product, and decided to take a chance, and I am so glad I did!!
In fact the first time I used it I was nearly in tears, because for the first time in a long time, I had dried and styled my hair, and my hands were not in agony.
I now look forward to getting ready in a morning, and not dreading the hair drying part!
As other reviewers have said, let you hair dry naturally to about 80% dry, and then use the styler, and the results are brilliant, the best my hair has ever looked!
Anybody else out there who has painful hand joints etc, I really don't think that you will be disappointed with this at all.
A HUGE thank you to BaByliss for making my life easier xx
0Comment118 of 124 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 11 October 2012
I don't often use an exclamation mark but this product definitely deserves one. I spotted this whilst in an airport on a TV shopping channel and wished that I had had the time to buy it at the lower price. I've owned the larger one for some time but having just had a haircut, this seemed ideal. Easy to handle, great temperature settings, the back of your hair looks as good as the front and the end result really does look as if an expensive blow-dry has taken place. Wouldn't be without this now as it's so much quicker than a hairdryer although it can be helpful to 'rough dry' first if you have a dryer to hand. Faultless piece of kit in my opinion.
11 comment228 of 244 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 21 November 2015
My hair is rubbish. Seriously. I have bleached it since I was 14 so that's 28 years of monthly brain fry (ahem). It's also curly and frizzy and just generally sh1t. To look half decent if I go anywhere nice I book into a hairdressers just to have it washed and blow dried. Sad I know. Then I happened upon this little beauty. I wasn't holding out much hope but I was amazed. Nay. Astounded. I washed my hair this morning and left it to dry naturally. Thus ensured the usual effect of being rampantly shagged in some undergrowth and then sitting in an open topped sports car doing 110 mph from London to Newcastle. I ventured into town to have a look around Iceland as I had just purchased a freezer and thought I might fill it with some party food and feel all posh. Have you ever been to a south London Iceland? Man alive it's like an unlocked asylum! I caught sight of myself in the shop window and thought - it's time to bring out the big guns. I may be wearing velour. I may be shopping in Iceland for beef dripping Yorkshire puddings but I CAN have a half decent smoothish bonce at the same time. I cracked the seal on the box when I got home and FIVE MINUTES LATER I had a smooth long bob!!!!!! I kid you not. I held the brush to my head and it picked up the hair itself, twizzled it around and bob ('scuse the pun) is your blooming straight haired son of a diddly's uncle. Buy one. Buy one now. Tell everyone.
44 comments59 of 63 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 18 March 2013
I previously had the Big Hair Rotating Styler (50mm) which I thought was a good product although the barrel size was rather large for my hair and I found it difficult to get 'height' at the roots. I only bought that styler last September and was dismayed when only some 6 months later it suddenly smelt terrible while in use last week and promptly conked out!

The same day, after reading the reviews on this site I ordered the 2777U model (which has a smaller barrel). I think it's a great product!

I have very fine hair which is in a longish bob style. I have used the styler after using my ordinary shampoo and conditioner (John Freida hair thickening range)and also in combination with hair boosting products such as Bumble and Bumble Hair Thickening spray and GHD Root Lift. The results are noticeably different - if I use hair boosting products the results after using the styler are much much better and last longer.

The styler itself takes a little getting used to but it is honestly worth the effort. I am pretty rubbish at styling my hair but the rotating styler creates a wonderful salon-like blow dry in a short space of time. As I've said, my hair is fine so doesn't take long to dry - I can get a sleek bob style in around 5-6 minutes. You do need to practice using the machine - at the beginning you can get in a pickle pressing the wrong rotation buttons, get your hair tangled up after selecting the fast rotation setting etc but after a few attempts the results can be truly amazing.

I think this barrel size is ideal for shorter hair lengths and on my long bob it works a treat. I'd also say that I get less static with this styler than I did with the previous one.

One criticism though - I wish BaByliss had properly described what sort of hair length this styler is more suited to on the box or on the general promotional info it gives before one makes a purchase - it only described this styler being more suited to shorter hair in the instruction leaflet that I got after making the purchase! It was only thanks to the ladies who wrote Amazon reviews that I realised this model would be more suitable for my hair - otherwise I would have probably just bought the same model as before.

Other thing to say - re: the styler that broke down. Amazon was absolutely brilliant at dealing with the refund - easy to contact, really friendly and helpful - faultless service.

Thank you to all the people who wrote reviews on this product as it helped me to decide on this model - that's why I decided to write one too.
22 comments237 of 264 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 9 June 2015
Great for medium to long hair. Takes a few goes to get the hang of the rotating brush. My mid length hair I pin
up and while damp start from bottom sections. Results in my hair with lots of volume and great shine.
on 27 December 2014
Have only had the dryer since July 2014 and on Christmas Day, it decided to burn out and stop. Not to be recommended
on 21 October 2015
Doesn't suit my hair I much prefer the bigger barrel. Bought this as a replacement as my old one died on me suddenly. This is the 3 rd one I have owned in two years. I quickly realised when I opened it that I had ordered the smaller one which doesn't suit my hair style. Having said that the function is the same however the result isn't. I also found this smaller one seemed keen to yank my hair and often found myself getting out knots that had been created and hair kept getting caught in the gap where it rotates. My hair is just passed my shoulders. I began using these when I developed a frozen shoulder. They are an excellent product however don't seem to stand the test of time. The past ones have all died in the same fashion. Slow to turn then the motor burns out. I use mine a couple of times a week at most. I should maybe consider taking this issue up with Babylis. My three stars are because this trader advertised this at one price then added VAT on at the end which meant the item was six or seven pounds more expensive than advertised. There was no sign stating the price didn't include vat until checkout.
on 28 April 2013
This is the best thing since 5the invention of sliced bread makes the hair feel lovely and smooth and not frizzy
0Comment39 of 45 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
Babyliss 2777u 42 mm Big Hair Rotating Styler for me was an excellent styling advice. If you are not in a hurry which for me is unfortunate as I spend my life in a hurry! It was quicker for me to use my own hairdryer first of all to rough dry my hair then use this to make it big and bouncy and to set the hair style which it does very well.
I was happily shocked when I first used this as all I had to do was put my hair into separate sections then place the hair dryer underneath one section of hair I wished to be styled the brush immediately seemed to grasp my hair within its bristles and with the added bonus of the rotating brush head made my hair dry silky smooth as with the constant rotation the full section of hair was being dried in the same direction which to me seemed to make the cuticle of the hair glossy and smooth.
I really do like using this styler as it really does work and the silkiness of my hair after use is second to none as included within the brush which is used to style my hair is high shine ionic conditioning and I love the shine which this give my hair as my hair is straight as a ruler, not even a kink in it. So using this does give my hair an added boost, plus the ceramic barrel which they say gives fullness and body makes my hair look and feel so smooth and silky to the touch yes with added bounce which to be honest the only time I have had this was when I get my hair professionally styled. Yes I do use excellent shampoo and conditioner which already keeps my hair looking good and feeling good but I have noticed when I use the Babyliss Big Hair I am asked have I been to the hairdressers! Which I have to admit puts a smile on my face.
I do like the fact that the rotating action of the brush head makes styling my hair a lot easier as I would have restriction on my wrists due to pain so therefore I would be restricted on how far and often I can rotate my wrist to style my hair. With using the Babyliss I can stand at the mirror, part the section of hair I want to dry and style and just admire my handiwork until the Babyliss styler has finished its work. I actually use the Babyliss fully dry my hair and style if I am going out socially as I always allow myself extra time to get ready but if I was in a hurry I would dry my hair using my normal hairdryer then finish off using the Babyliss Big Hair styler.
The added bonus of the brush being multi-directional is perfect for me as I am left handed which has in the past using styling aids rather difficult but with the different styles which come and go this would really be an excellent Hair drying Brush styling aid to have in your household.
Another reason why I like to use the Babyliss Big Hair styler is that there are two separate drying heat speeds which I find quite adequate for drying hair but specifically for drying and styling hair is perfect but as I said before not if you are in a hurry. There are also two rotation speeds which provides you with total control of your crowning glory, these are easily managed with a quick click of a button below the base of the actual brush you use in your hair but must be kept pressed down to keep the brush head rotating which at times would be slightly irritating at times but maybe it would not annoy other users.
One thing I will say this particular model is perfect for those with "shortish" hair styles but those with long luscious locks this will no way be able to handle all the extra hair. For those with thick hair though styled in a short style I would recommend you dry your hair in separate sections which I do believe will make the style stay in longer.
Why I love using this Babyliss Big Hair Styler is once I style my hair using this model, I always use a quick spray of hair spray the style will stay in all day and even after a night out socialising my style holds well which will last well into the next day even after a night's kip.
The full weight of the styler including the wire and lead is 485grams roughly and the actual styler not including the lead etc. is 366grams which I find easy enough for me to hold. I included the full weight as this might be useful if you are considering purchasing it for going on holiday with the weight restrictions regarding suitcases etc. As I would consider it perfect for those going on holiday as it would dry your hair as well as styling which would save you some extra weight for more important things e.g. Shoes!!
I would recommend the Babyliss 2777u 42mm Big Hair Rotating Styler to all those who like myself have short to medium hair or with short layered hair.
0Comment100 of 122 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 15 January 2016
I have short straight hair and would like the hair to look sleek, with lots of volume, and curling inwards. I used to use either an iron straightener or blow dry my hair to achieve the look. The rotating styler is just so much easier to use and the effect is great, much similar to a blow dry from a salon but it takes no more than 5 minutes in the morning. I have been recommending this to all my friends!