on 30 December 2013
Bought this for my elderly mother, so she didn't need to keep swapping between TV, DVD and PVR remotes.

It was very easy to set up, and includes all the everyday functions to use these 3 gadgets. The buttons are a reasonable size as well.
on 7 May 2014
Excellent replacement for my Humax remote that my wife found very irritating with its noisy clicky buttons. Really easy to set up my Humax Youview box, Sony TV and Panasonic DVD with the standard programmable codes. The control of the TV volume and PVR without switching modes on the remote using the Combicontrol is really helpful. I only had to add an extra button using the copy method for a delete button to remove saved programmes on PVR: again easy to do. Really good value remote from One for All, easy to set up and good quality feel to the unit. Not sure why you would want to pay a lot more for alternatives when this was well below £20 and works really well.
on 18 May 2014
Bought this to work with our new Panasonic TV and Maxell soundbar as the Maxell has a small remote and had to use it for the volume controll. The Maxell does not have a code to program the URC 6430 although the Panasonic TV has.
No problem as the functions from the Maxell remote easily transfers to the URC 6430 by placing the two remotes facing each other and following carefully the enclosed instructions. Now both original remotes work beautifully on the URC 6430.
The product is very robust and well made and unbelievable value. I am extremely happy with my purchase.
on 10 August 2014
A great product, the list of built in products is huge. Even though my Amp wasn't in there the general controller was. The learn specific key control is easy to use and now I have my Sky control with my amp volume on the same setting. A very good product.
Would have been 5 stars if the colour buttons were at the bottom of the controller like sky, a bit of getting used to as muscle memory always takes me to the bottom of the remote.....
on 20 June 2014
Although this is a basic remote it is very simple to copy functions from another remote and is easy to hold in the hand. The essential buttons are well placed and virtually all the buttons can be reprogrammed if required for your own functions. 10/10 for low price, style and ease of use.
on 29 August 2014
The build of the remote is impressive, it seems far sturdier than my original remote.

Set up wise, it took a little time and I found that the code I needed was not included in the supplied booklet, but I successfully found it via their software (works on a Mac) & website. I could also learn functions from my old remote for a couple of buttons that I have on my old remote but not my new one.

However, I have now received 2 of these remotes, both with the same issue; it often (25-50% of the time) fails to work properly. Only the most basic functions work (Standby and numbers) and all other buttons (guide, volume, channel up/down) do not work. To get it working again, the only method seems to be removing and re-inserting the batteries to effectively restart it.
on 22 November 2014
This is the second one of these I have purchased as the first works so well. I must say I had a harder time setting this one up but this was due to the lesser known brand TV I wanted to use it for. One For All's customer service in helping me find the correct code for my model was fantastic just took a quick email and they had me sorted.

I use both of these remotes with a FLIRC USB Dongle and my Openelec XBMC/Kodi set up's and they are fantastic.
on 3 April 2014
A brilliant replacement. Works really well. Very easy to set up.
Very robust feel about it. Very reasonable price too
on 18 July 2015
I bought this to replace an old One For All where some of the critical buttons were failing after 10 years or so. Amazingly easy to set up, working a Sky+, Hitachi TV and Philips DVD. Didn't even need to make it learn anything extra. I particularly like the function that allows you to control both TV and Sky+ (or TV and DVD) without changing the mode. To be honest this is a far better remote than the originals and I would definitely recommend.
on 25 July 2015
Fantastic bit of kit. Bought this to replace my previous One-For-All URC1730, that the buttons had all the symbols worn off. Wish i had got this one sooner, it was easily programmed on the PC, and to fine tune some of the buttons the copy feature was absolutely brilliant, and now does an awful lot more than my old one ever did.
Definitely a 5 star rating, & will have no problems recommending to others.