on 13 February 2014
I bought this for my youngest son because my eldest son had one and loved it. However this is NOT what i was expecting. It's cheap, nasty plastic, the prongs on the pieces are too big and you can hardly get them in the holes, and there are NO spare parts (i.e. there's one face, one pair of arms, that's it.) You can even see shiny dribbles of glue on the top where it's been badly fixed together. Cheap, brittle plastic. Really really terrible. Don't buy this version, have a google and find the proper one with spare pieces. Very disappointed.
on 16 June 2013
My son has one and this was brought or my nephew, they both love it and even better you can buy additional accessories
on 20 October 2012
Classic Mr Potato head, just as good now as it ever was. I bought this for my niece as she's collecting the toys from the Toy Story films, and she seems to love it. It's great for teaching her the parts of the body and defining her motor skills by having to insert the body pieces into the correct holes. All the extra pieces can be stored in the main body of the toy which helps them not to get lost. Simple and fun.
on 29 January 2015
It's what you expect really. A potato made of plastic. Some of the bits are a bit awkward to get in place, and some fall out very easily, but given that this is pretty much what you expect from this type of toy, I suppose that's not too much of an issue. The earrings are a bit stupid as it's impossible to get them to stay on the ears. They've been turned into bracelets as a result.

All in all, the reality is that this is likely to be one of those toys that entertain for a short while, then end up in a toy box/shelf, then might get pulled out very occasionally for a few minutes. You could spend money more usefully in all honesty!
on 9 March 2013
I bought this to use as part of a class reward system for my Reception class. It is very bright and appealing and they love using it. The package arrived very promptly - recommended seller
on 16 October 2014
I can' recommend Mr Potato head enough for a toddler. I was a bit apprehensive when buying it because I didn't think my daughter would be interested in it (she's only just turned 2). However, she was fascinated with all the different facial features and enjoyed pulling them off and on again. It's brilliant for motor skills, learning colours, role playing, learning body parts etc. I had read that this toy is a must for a toddlers development and I totally agree. It's also a toy that can continue to be used at older ages....I must admit even I have had five minutes making faces with it!
on 17 November 2015
Hours of fun - to my surprise because I feared that our grandchildren would have been tempted by the more sophisticated (and expensive) toys around now. Yet, they build and re-build the potato head, find all kinds of games into which Mr Potato Head finds his unorthodox way, and, lately, take an odd pleasure in putting his eyes or his nose where his bottom or hat should be. The head-parts do work loose after a while, though. My only regret is that I then went on to buy the more expensive Spider Potato Head, with its lack of pieces.
on 20 August 2014
One of the favourite toys in the house, bought after a period of toy story addiction.

She (4 y/o) loves taking it apart, although we do spend some time looking for parts after she has finished.

Pieces seem to fit well, and are large enough for little hands to work with.

To me it seems limited in optional parts (I recall having more body parts with mine 30 years ago?) but the 4y/o doesn't seem to mind, and likes making him 'properly' and laughing as she puts the face together incorrectly.
on 7 April 2013
This Mr Potato Head is really cool! I love it - the only complaint I would have is that it should come with more pieces to play with.
on 19 January 2014
Good value for money. Rather smaller than expected but everything fits into the potato head itself. Enjoyed by my grandson

See one answered question