Shop now Shop now Shop now Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Shop now  Up to 70% Off Fashion  Shop all Amazon Fashion Learn More Shop Fire Shop now Shop Kindle Shop now Shop now Shop now

on 12 December 2014
Bought 5 of these and fitted them on a wall next to a flight of steps outside 1906 house. very good looking in spite of age difference
review image
on 2 August 2015
I bought one of these about 11 months ago as an experiment, really. Build quality and performance were great ... And still are. It didn't suffer too much in winter, and works reliably.

A few months later I bought three cheaper ones that looked the same on the webpage. Immediately noticed how rubbish they were, with thinner metal in the case, peculiar angle and mismatched mounting screws. Metal thin enough to easily bend by hand. Each one mis-behaves in it's own way. One sits there flashing all night, another lights dimly all night, and only responds to movement if it's in the mood, the third actually had the solar panel come away. All this time, the genuine Curve light was doing everything perfectly.

So. Buy a "Curve" don't waste money on one of the inferior copies... They might look like a bargain, because they're cheap, but they are just that - cheap.

Am about to buy another genuine one so I can start replacing the rubbish
I have had this a while but forgot all about it. As the nights are drawing in, I decided to install it at the side of the house where the rubbish bins are, so when going out in the darker nights, I can still see to put the rubbish away. Installation was easy, just 2 screws hold it in place. You have a small pin that you can push into a tiny hole near the sensor to turn on and off the light. Not over bright to light the garden, not dull so you can not see what you are doing. A good idea, you can install it anywhere as long as the sun can reach the solar panel in the day to charge the batteries.
on 16 August 2014
Really impressed with this little light. It does exactly what I wanted - Lighting up a dark passage/corner.
Choose carefully this unit does NOT have the 'dim dusk illumination', that would drain the power. Read previous reviewer on the benefits of this type as opposed to 'other versions' of the same light. Don't expect it to light up the neighbourhood, or Nuke the Baddies, and you will be well pleased too!!
on 16 February 2014
I bought three of these lights as a christmas pressie for my Mum. They were fixed on to the fence which runs down a very dark garden path. They change from a soft hue to a bright light when anyone or the dog walks down the path - a great safety feature.
They have been in situ for two weeks now and have so far tolerated the awful weather we have had.
Despite their small size they are great little lights and the bonus is they do not require electricity.

Will probably be buying more!
on 20 August 2014
we are so pleased with this light. Having had a porch put on the front of the house, we found that the cost of having an electric light near the new door was either going to be prohibitively expensive and require substantial redecoration due to the wiring requirement, or we'd have wires along the walls. Not wanting either, we struggled through the last winter unable to see the key hole when we got home from work in the dark. We've been on the lookout for a suitable solar light but had been unable to find one. This one appears to work perfectly, shines a light across the key hole, whilst being small and discreet. Wish it was brown instead of white, but other than that it is perfect.
on 9 December 2013
I personally have to disagree with some of the comments below mine. A lot of people have complained that the product was a lot smaller than shown in the picture - guys, please read the product description before you buy, it states the exact dimensions in centimetres! Now for the actual review, as of two days of owning the product:

Quite frankly, I love this little thing! One thing was for certain, I did not expect it to be so bright in any way as it's LED. It has 16 LED bulbs arranged in a 4x4 grid which really packs a punch. One light is able to light up 3/4 of my door as well as the ground when placed to a side of it, as well as being 2 meters high - pretty impressive if you ask me (especially considering its solar, LED and wire free... I might get another one!). It's got a very curvy and modern design which looks great, and the light itself has a colour temperature of daylight white (i.e. not a yellow light but a pure white light). I've currently set a single one of these lights up using some stiff cable ties to test if it's able to charge up properly where I've placed it at the moment at my front door (before I drill in a place it potentially may never charge!). Unfortunately, the manual does state to avoid shade (as you'd imagine) but my doorstep is always in the shade... so we'll see how it goes. I will update this review after a few weeks to let you all know just how sensitive this solar panel really is!

The dim mode on the light has been said to waste the solar charge - yes it's a waste to leave the light on all the time but it does look very pleasing and professional in my eyes! I mean I'm yet to experience this "wastage", but from my knowledge I wouldn't think it causes a huge amount of power drain since LED's hardly use electricity to begin with. As I've said though, I will update this review in a few weeks time (along with some pros and cons) to let you all know how it's doing. The motion sensor works nicely - the light changes from dim mode to full brightness when movement is detected in about the range of 2 meters I would say, which is handy when searching for your keys in the dark! After about 30 seconds, the light then goes back into dim mode; emitting a lovely soft glow.

This is my first experience with a solar light and for the price and convenience, I can safely say that I'm very impressed. Yes people argue that solar + dim mode is not a very clever combination but you cannot complain since you aren't paying for the sun! LED's hardly use power and have a hefty lifetime so I personally don't see this as an issue.

For now, if you have direct sunlight where you intend to place this, do not hesitate to purchase one! If the location does have some shade however, watch this space as I will let you all know how mine is doing.

Happy buying :)

UPDATE (13/12/13): I can now inform you all that the shady test location of the light has not worked. It is no longer charging and I am going to try moving it to somewhere with a little more light (but not direct sunlight) to see how it gets on.

On the positive side, the charge which it had when I received the product lasted a good 4 days or so (and I assume this is with hardly any charging during that period whatsoever). So I should think it's safe to say that once charged, it will last 4 days or so, in theory. Therefore... am I also right in thinking we're looking for decent light input every 4 days? Who knows, but I will update again after the re-location of the light occurs.

UPDATE (17/12/13): The light is unfortunately still refusing to keep any charge on these cloudy winter days here in the UK, despite not being in direct shade. It partially charged even on a cloudy day but only worked for a few hours before losing juice. I will keep at this and hope for a day of sunshine to see if that gives it the boost it needs to work.
on 23 October 2012
got this curve solar motion light from THE SOLAR CENTRE and received it within 4 days of ordering. The instructions very very good easy to set up.Its not going to light up all your garden but then its not supposed to. I use it on the outside of my garden hut which is also near to my recycling bins and it gives of just enought light to make the job a lot easier.
on 28 October 2012
Using this to light up a side gate and passage so I can find my key. Compact, No loose cables to hide away as solar panel is built in. Just the right level of movement sensitivity so not too many triggers till you get closer to it. Brighter than I expected. Will be getting more for outside sheds.
on 30 August 2012
I purchased four of these lights for my garden and after initially being surprised how small they are I installed them (just two screws with rawl plugs) and I've been very happy since. They emit a nice soft glow after dark and brighten up nicely when I or my dogs pass near them. They're exactly what I wanted - no maintenance, no wiring, no costs after purchase, twilight soft glo and light up brightly when somebody approaches. I have had them for just over a month now and have no complaints whatsoever.