on 11 January 2014
UPDATE: I have uploaded some images on the Amazon product page, so you can see exactly what I'm talking about!

I ordered this product after looking for storage solutions for my half-complete jigsaw puzzle. After reading the reviews and the product description, I was reassured that this would be ideal for me.

The delivery was pretty slow in itself, out of 4 products ordered from Amazon on a Sunday, this was the last to arrive (Thursday). But that's a minor point.

When I opened the box to find three cardboard tubes (postal tubes), inserted inside each other. The innermost tube had a piece of felt stuffed inside it.

I must admit, the felt wasn't as creased I was led to expect by some of the other reviews on here, but it could still do with some ironing prior to use, or you can hope it'll straighten out after a few uses. The colour is a lot darker than it appears in the pictures, so you'll have to make sure your room is well lit (ideally with fluorescent lighting) to see what you're doing properly.

The cardboard tube leaves a lot to be desired. As mentioned, it really is just three short postal tubes nested on top of each other to give the impression of a "telescopic tube". This is a major hassle, as to get the full length of the tube you have to pull all the tubes out, whilst making sure you don't pull them out all the way otherwise it's a complete pain to get them back in.

Once you've got the tubes out, the tube obviously gets narrower because each piece has a slightly smaller diameter. This creates an issue because you can't roll up the jigsaw easily.

I've ended up going out and buying a cheap poster and using the tube as a replacement for this poor excuse of a tube.

The idea of the product is simple:
1) Felt mat for working on your jigaw - no problem with this except for the colour
2) Cardboard tube for rolling the mat around - not ideal at all, you're better off going to a stationery shop and buying a postal tube
3) 3 Straps to hold the felt around the tube - can't really go wrong with these, but you may need to buy tighter ones depending on the dimensions of the tube you buy.

Considering the price of a piece of felt - about £5 for a square meter, this product isn't too expensive if you're happy to avoid the hassle of buying the components separately yourself but as mentioned, you need to factor in the cost of buying a separate tube to replace the one you get in the box.

The idea of the product is great, and it does the job hiding away my 2000 piece puzzle whilst I'm not working on it. I just wish they'd but even a bit of effort into making a better quality product instead chucking a few cheap pieces of material inside a box
review image review image review image review image
on 15 December 2012
My sister is an avid jigsaw puzzle fan, she completes two or three puzzles a month and this ideal for her as she live in a small bungalow with not much space.
So I gave her this for her birthday, she loves it as she can now complete her puzzles on a flat surface and roll them up when she needs the space for something else.
on 7 December 2012
It is great to be able to fold up the jigsaw and store it away with out the usual awkward shifting off tables.Also when you have completed the darn thing and can't bear to break it up it is so handy just to roll it up and shove in a cupboard.
on 31 January 2014
I wish I had read the reviews before I wasted my time and money ordering this item.

As other customers have said the product was not fit for purpose, three cardboard rolls that you have to fit together and a piece of very crumpled felt, and a piece of elastic. There is no way a jigsaw could be done on the cloth and let alone be rolled up.

I contacted the supplier to return the item and was surprised that I would have to pay the postage. It did not resemble the picture at all.

I would definitely NOT recommend this to anyone
on 18 May 2013
This puzzle turned out to be a piece of fleece. I imagine that whoever sell this fleece like a "puzzle mat" has no finest idea what they sell and for what purposes! Absolutely and utter rubbish , don't waste your money on it
on 8 December 2012
A useful item when doing jigsaws. It keeps the peices safe & sound. When you want to use the table, just roll up the jigsaw and put it away.
on 8 July 2013
A basic but great idea for storing your jigsaws rather than having them clutter up your tables. Just perfect! A simple invention but very, very handy!
on 5 January 2013
This is a great product, excellent value for money. If you have very little space but enjoy puzzles then this is definitely for you.
on 19 February 2013
This was a very useful Xmas present & the receiver of this present was very satisfied. The mat suited their needs
on 28 November 2013
Very shoddy item, a crumpled piece of felt & ill-fitting cardboard tubes. A waste of money, very disappointed with it.