on 18 March 2013
I chose this product because I wanted a good, close shave and this gives it. All in all, a good buy.
on 6 May 2013
I've always had Philishaves but this is the best I've had so far, a smooth shave with minimal skin irritation.

I will shave more frequent now
on 9 July 2014
My husband purchased this razor to replace his old one. He likes it, says it is very quiet and leaves his skin feeling smooth! Praise indeed from a man!! We both thought it was overpriced, as are all the Philips razor products, but as the old saying goes "you get what you pay for". He is a real Philips fan.
on 30 May 2013
Super razor trimmer perfect nothing else great delivery really gives a close shave and that you can also use shaving gel or foam is a bonus no itch under chin !
on 13 March 2014
I bought this as my PowerTouch PT920 was getting a bit slow. However, even when brand-new, the SensoTouch was much slower and did not shave anywhere near as close. I've only had this a few months and am so disappointed I've gone back to the PowerTouch which, even though it is more than 2 years old, gives a much faster and closer shave!

Come on Philips, how did this get past testing?
on 17 April 2014
I normally use a cheap foil shaver (£10.00) which do me fine and previous a two head rotary shaver by Philips really did not work so I stayed away from them. However I had some Amazon vouchers for my birthday and eventually decided to get a decent shaver. I looked on the Which? reports and got an idea of what I wanted and looked at the feedback to help. I eventually narrowed it down to this one based on expected performance and price.

The item was delivered within three days, boxed with another item I had bought. On opening the parcel the packaging was impressive which helps. In the box you get the shaver body with the three floating heads, a beard trimmer that interchanges with the main head, small cleaning brush, two pin charging lead (120/230v), a charging cradle and a lightweight carrying pouch.

Clear pictogram instructions too although it really is a simple piece of kit.

The shaver has an all in one high gloss "skin" to the front half and is seamlessly joined to a slightly rubberised rear panel. This is all sealed as it can be used in the wet as well although I have not tried this yet.

It sits in the charging cradle and a flashing light to the front of the shaver shows it is charging. It was completely dead on arrival but after an hour it had stopped charging. On first use I noticed it was very quiet compared to my previous one and was very comfortable to use. My first shave was a success and I think better than my old one by far. I was very happy with it and have remained so since.

It has a useful travel lock facility which is activated by holding down the on off switch for three seconds and so would be useful if crammed in to a washbag.

This is the seventeenth day of shaving and I have not noticed any sign of battery drain and I haven't been rushing the shaves.

The cleaning of it is very easy - just pull off the head and brush away. You can dismantle the rotating heads further very easily but I do not need to yet.

I will try the wet use, as this could give a closer shave but I have happy dry anyhow.

I have not tried many shavers before so am not an expert. I would say that I have little stubble each day and couldn't grow much if I tried. However this suits me perfectly.

All in all it seems to be a great shaver all round and well the £80 or so I paid. I couldn't fathom anyone paying £300.00 for a shaver but they may be better I do not know, not particularly care.

Well worth serious consideration I would say.
on 23 July 2013
My existing Philips razor is from the 70's and still works fine, gives a reasonable shave considering the heads have never been changed, though cleaned. I have to say I do mostly prefer a wet shave. But time to move on, as they say.

So, this was me playing catch-up and I used it for the first time and wasn't overly impressed. OK I was in a rush, but God it takes so long to have an electric shave.

Day 2 and I used a little more pre-electric lotion and this time I got as better (and quicker shave). There's hope yet, though the razer doesn't feel exactly 'positive' on the face.
on 19 February 2013
It is well built item, easy to use and clean.
As I am using the shaver as dry, it did not shave as good as Braun foil shaver which I bought recently ( after the philips) particularly at the neck level.
Using it at that level created a bit of irritation and redness ( which is not the case with Braun, in my case at least)
It is obviously less noisy than the Braun, I think.
I feel that the Braun series 7 is really the best of what I used.
on 12 September 2013
The best thing about this shaver is the charge it holds, especially compared to the Panasonic that it replaced.
I have light beard growth (just so you know) and it deals with it well. It's also very quiet... again in start contrast to the Panasonic.
So why 3 stars?
Two reasons. First is that the trimming device is a seperate head - a little tug and the head pops off easily enough. How many swaps it will take before something doesn't need a tug anymore is anyone's guess. It does mean that the chances of it going missing / being fogotton are increased.
Second is the price of new foils. The blurb that came with it suggests that it needs to be replaced every 12 months. Before you buy this, dear reader, check out the prices for the foils (12 months) and the mount it sits on (24 months). The bit you pull off comes in 2 bits you understand. I don't think you'll be impressed.
on 31 December 2013
This razor replaces my previous Philips HS8020 which I have had for a number of years.
The HS8020 is the model which Nivea moisteriser (cream) is charged into it and allows the razor to flow easier over the skin. It has worked well. (except for finding the moisteriser on sale). The difference in pricing of this cream can be quite extreme - from just below 7 pounds to 16 pounds.
This new shaver seems to be more efficient and gives a very close shave, but I do miss the smooth gliding of the old one.
It is not so easy to move the razor in the circular action without any cream, but I am still learning to use it.
It does give a closer shave than previously, but perhaps may take slightly longer.
I do like the hair catcher and the ease of cleaning. The charging cradle is a vast improvement on previous model.