on 29 December 2013
Having owned numerous Phillips shavers, This one does not seem to have moved the science of shaving forward yet costs almost 60% more than my last shaver purchased in 2009. Expensive but cannot see the benefit
on 12 May 2013
My blades only lasted barely a year, and the price to replace.........£55.00 when I complained to Philips about the cost in a review they refused to allow the review on their site. What a well balanced view that would give. The shaver is very good if you can afford the blades.
11 comment30 of 33 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 3 September 2013
Great razor used electric since early 60s this is the best I have ever used not cheap but Easley the best.
on 1 October 2012
I have now had this razor for 2 weeks and am delighted with it. I'd been using a Philishave HQ8894 for several years and getting an OK but not desperately close shave. Using the RQ1275 for a dry shave (with an eletric pre-shave lotion) has given me the closest electric shave I have ever had, significantly closer than my old razor. I have not found the wet shave as close as the dry shave, but it is still OK. I've been able to use it for a wet shave in the shower, when in a hurry or not too bothered by closeness of shave, and got at least as good - if not slightly better - a shave than I did with the old razor.
0Comment26 of 30 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 2 May 2014
i brought this hoping it would be a really good shave especially as most reviews rated it well i don't it worked just as well as 1 i brought years ago for a fraction of the price has defo put me off buying an expensive 1 again i risked it thinking bound to be better as it is expensive how wrong i was please don't make the same mistake as me
on 16 May 2013
An expensive piece of kit, I'll agree but think about the amount spent on disposable razors and it is a one off payment that means you wont have to pay for them again.

This gives a really close shave. nothing is as close as a razor but i am in the military and this is easily close enough for my bosses to never say anything to me on inspection.

The charge lasts a couple of weeks easily. The trimmer head is good for sideburns and manscaping!

However, the attachment head, i cannot work out how to affix. I may be stupid but it should be easy or at least come with instructions. I don't use it so am not bothered but maybe it would be nice to know how it works.

Very easy to clean and maintain.

Well worth the money and can shave my face in about 20seconds to a brilliant standard.
on 2 April 2014
This replaced my previous Quadra shave razor which was over 15 years old. The flexible head keeps the cutters in good contact with your face but I found them slightly bigger than my previous model and I found doing my top lip less effective. The shave quality is good but not noticeable better than the previous one. The sideburns trimmer could do with being a bit longer but is effective enough. The charging system is a vast improvement and lasts for over two weeks. My only real criticism is the larger size, particularly when you're travelling when you have to take the cradle, charger and razor, which don't all fit in the carry case.
on 26 December 2013
Because it was much better than I expected
It is quiet in operation and it fits the contours of my face leaving a smooth stubble-free surface that is just perfect for any mistletoe partners.
on 25 January 2015
The actual razor is very good BUT, replacement heads cost a fortune. I would well recommend that you do not make my mistake and check the cost of replacement blades before you buy any razor!
on 17 July 2013
Closest shave yet from an electric razor and no razor burn. Not sure if I will use the detachable trimmer but probably useful for the more hirsute...