on 5 January 2013
I HAVE USED A PHILIPS ELECTRIC RAZOR FOR OVER 25 YEARS WHICH HAVE ALL BEEN VERY EFFECTIVE IN ACHIEVING THEIR TASK. However the SensoTouch is very different as it seems to fit the face like a glove, gently rolling across the face.
A joy to use.
on 11 February 2013
Excellent not had electric shaver for years this is only type ever been able to use.
This razor gives a good clean shave---nothing equals a wet shave--but this gets very close
on 29 May 2013
This is the best electric razor I have had (Over last 50 years!) It gives me a good shave and follows contours in a splendid manner. Very satisfied (and has stopped wife complaining about my stubble!)
on 15 April 2013
I bought this item as a replacement for my Philips 7 shaver and am not overly impressed. The shaving results are no better than I obtained with my previous shaver, despite now having to adapt to a new method of shaving; in a circular motion. The accompanying documentation was poor; just pictograms and be warned if you clean the shaver under a water tap the shaver is extremely slippery. Not a good buy.
on 6 January 2013
The best shaver I have ever had!!! and I've had many over the years!! Definitely worth five stars!! Buy one!!
on 30 March 2013
We bought this shaver for our son, for his birthday.
He finds it useful and really likes its wet or dry feature.
on 11 August 2013
I think shavers can get too clever and this one is about the right balance. It is heavier and chunkier than my previous one and I didn't like it at first but now I am used to it, I find it easy and comfortable to use. Above all it gives a good shave. Not sure why it needs three indicator lights on the handle. One hasn't come on at all yet. Perhaps it will in due course. It holds the shaved hair well and it is easy to open and blow clear and brush out. Not sure I like the look of the little plastic clip which retains the rotating blades. Doubt it will last too long if removing the blades for cleaning regularly. Wonder if this is an available spare? Think I'll clean ultrasonically from time to time instead! Definitely wouldn't wash it out under the tap unless I could be sure of removing all debris and drying totally. Not sensible or hygienic to leave wet hair debris in the shaver. It will rot, decompose and smell horribly - I did it once without realising the consequences!
on 20 May 2013
I have been a wet shaver for forty years and decided to try a dry shaver, because I'm getting lazy. I have found that this shaver fits my requirements admirably. OK so it is not quite as close as a blade shave but it is far less irritative to my skin and I don't have any more cuts. Maybe it was me but the first shave with a new blade, usually when I was going somewhere special, always seemed to leave me with a couple of pieces of tissue stuck to my face to stop a nick from bleeding. The closeness is adequate for me and the cleaning could not be any simpler. I would recommend this shaver to anybody who, like me, wants a quick shave.
on 29 June 2013
hubby says he is very pleased with this razor, he has bought many electric razors in the past but always gone back to wet shave. but says he will stick with this one, nice close shave.
on 14 September 2013
This is my third Philips shaver, had this one for 3 weeks now. Pros: quiet, reasonable shave. Reasonable build, quite light and very plastic feel to it.

Cons: no better shave than much cheaper 700 series shaver (with blades that are 18 months old). Advertising blurb makes a lot about a closer shave and good for sensitive skin but can't say I can see any difference compared to other Philips shavers. Cleaning is a little more fiddly than cheaper range since head has to unclip entirely to wash out rather than sensible hinge arrangement of cheaper shavers. No trimmer so less useful shaver. Lack of pouch and the fact shaving heads stick out compared to other models makes it more suitable as a static shaver rather than one to travel with.

So...it does the job but frankly have reached the conclusion that if you want value for money stick with cheaper models...these are often discounted by Amazon and retailers like Boots from £99 to £50.