Colour Name: BLACKChange

on 28 October 2015
I read the reviews how this headphones tend to break even with careful handling. I fell in love with colour and design, and I also have quite small head, so I was thinking, nah, it can't happen to me. I was wrong. They have an amazing sound and look, but quality of the product is really really bad. After few months of everyday use at work (I wasn't even using them for running, gym, or anything similar), just listening to Spotify by desk; the plastic on one side just broke.
review image
on 17 January 2014
These headphones produce wonderful sounds for the price range, especially for mild bass such as R&B. However, the hypermobility of the ear pads and the multiple joints that allow them to fold are a huge weak point. They are already broken. I am not a heavy user, and take very good care of my belongings. They live inside their carry case, placed carefully in my bag so as not to be folded too much, and they still snapped. I am massively disappointed!
on 4 June 2015
Exactly have the same problem as other 1 star reviewer Phil Hughes.
There is a major design/manufacturing flaw it this model. The way that metal bail in headband is designed creates a lever in the place where plastic got snipped so in my opinion it's actually generates more tensions rather than support the headband.
The headphones snapped after only 8 weeks of moderate (if not little) use. I'm not a DJ, I was using them maybe for 2-3 hours a day 2-3 times a week. That's it.
Sound and call quality is decent (I'm a big fan of AKG headphones and using few from K series in my recording studio) but I would not recommend this product to anyone until the headband design problem is resolved.
review image review image
on 29 December 2013
These headphones look and sound great. I was worried that there would be far too much bass but I was pleased to find that they have a very equal sound. I listen to a lot of rock and acoustic guitar music and these headphones do the job very well. Bear in mind that these headphones are a lot smaller than the picture makes them look. They are so small that they need to be fully extended to fit a normal sized head! The build quality is also fantastic and they come with an extension cable and bag which is nice.

The only problem with these headphones is that they do clamp down on your head pretty hard, other than that they are really great.

Update: After using these for a few weeks now they have really loosened up and are far more comfortable, even better than my old sony mdr zx600's!

Update 2: Had them a few months, still going strong and sound great. I have no idea how the other people managed to break theirs! Mine are fine.
22 comments8 of 9 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 27 May 2014
These are my first pair of on-ear headphones and I will be sticking to this style compared to a long line of in-ear products.

I spent some time looking into various models and although this pair may not have had the most popular reviews compared to other makes, I liked the style and price and so gave them a go.

I have since compared these to a number of other pairs that various friends own, namely a pair from Sennheiser, Skull Candy and Sony, and while this pair are not quite as sharp as Sennheiser they are more balanced and offer a richer overall sound across the range, they tended to be better than most in most areas.

This pair are light, durable, sound great, reasonably priced, comfortable, portable, adjustable.

I would recommend them and my next pair would be AKG. It is worth mentioning again that this is my first pair but again that I have compared since my purchase and am more than pleased.
on 18 October 2014
Decent sounding headphones! I was expecting the AVGs to be overpowered on the base, but it's actually very nicely balanced across the whole frequency range. There are a few negatives- like the seal on the ears not being fantastic and the fact the headphones can be uncomfortable after prolonged use if you wear glasses- but overall I'm very happy with the headphones. A decent product for beginners or those on a tight budget. I would definitely recommend to a friend.
on 27 September 2015
Great sound, however a tight fit and become uncomfortable on the ears after less than an hour. Had my pair for just over a year, they never left the house and were treated perfectly, however like other reviewers, the plastic head band snapped rendering them useless and they are now in the bin.
on 29 June 2014
Absolutely phenomenal sound, especially for the price, but the plastic above each headphone is weak and breaks very easily, making them uncomfortable to wear, though it doesn't effect sound quality at all, which still remains fantastic.
on 31 May 2015
The headphones seem to be of high quality, the material feels valuable. I liked that they come with a storage bag and can be folded for transport. The sound is very clear and full. No complaints about that. However I was not satisfied and returned them.
Some reviews here already stated that the volume is unacceptable low. I connected them to an Apple I Phone and encountered the same. I don't know if it is different for other devices. Even if you put the volume on highest level the sound is quite faint and you still hear all the noise surrounding you. Moreover they were too tight for me and after 10 minutes my ears started to hurt because of the high pressure the headphones put onto them.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 9 November 2015
Great headphones that give a nice oomph to your audio enjoyment. Good design and colours with not being loud or too attention seeking.

So far these headphones have been used across a variety of devices and not once have they left me wanting more in terms of audio quality. The headphones are bit of a tight fit but they sure do block out all outside noise which is a bonus if not wanting to be disturbed at all when listening to certain music etc. If you were to spread the band too much I can see where others have stated that they snapped / broke. A quick slide of the arms before putting on then adjusting from loose to tight should prevent this

The price was amazing which was a big bonus.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse