Shop now Shop now Shop now Up to 70% off Fashion Shop All Amazon Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Amazon Fire TV Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Listen in Prime Shop now Shop now

4.8 out of 5 stars1,184

on 13 October 2012
Lovely coffee with a nice froth.
I dont know what the other reviewer was doing but mine is always frothy ans smooth.
You need a couple of spoons of coffee whitener and a bit of hot milk in the cup first then do the coffee.
If I could add a photo I would!
Buying these on Amazons save and subscribe so its cheaper.

Just found out I can add a photo so see above.
review image
11 comment75 of 78 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 5 January 2016
I went out to buy a dolce gusto and came home with a Tassimo & several packs of coffee, Kenco, latte, columbian & Americano, wow was i regretting the purchase, I'm not a big lover of latte and it was the only coffee drinkable to me in that brand, I was thinking of just giving the machine away, then I checked out Amazon and seen lots of offers to try different pods in 1 pack. Having purchased a 50 pack of mixed coffee, tea & hot chocolates ( expensive but worth it to not waste money in the long run, as I had ) I found the costa Americano and felt like I'd come home with a jackpot!
It's smooth, with a lovely crema layer, I like my coffee white so I add a creamer and to my taste it's just perfect!
The only brand I'll buy from here on in is Costa.
I've never been to a costa coffee shop that I remember, as I live beside an amazing coffee house, however I would definitely hit one up, based on this pack of coffee!
I've added some photos in a glass cup to show the froth & 1 to cheer up your day! LoL
review image review image review image
on 31 July 2014
When I was given a 'Tassimo Machine' by my brother as a gift along with these 'coffee pods' it was the first time that I had seen a home coffee maker. I had a strong belief that a high quality coffee could only be made from a specialised coffee chain therefore my expectations of this product were very low at first.

When I made my first brew, not only did I like it but it significantly exceeded my expectations Albeit not as tasty as the coffee made in coffee shops but not that far off. It has a pleasant aroma and it produces a nice, creamy and smooth end product. It does not taste artificial or overly bitter. The taste is relatively strong and rich.

After drinking it 2-3 times a day for a few months I found that I had less headaches than normal coffee products and felt more alert and energetic without the 'Brain Fog' that I sometimes get.

The feedback that I received from friends and family was of a positive nature. They now seem to be spending more time with us than they did before which isn't a bad thing.

I now look forward to having my first Americano drink of the day instead of dreading the day ahead.

The only negative that I could identify is that the product has a price tag that would make you put it back on the shelf quicker than you picked it up, however when you consider that it is a high quality and tasty product, it does not seem as expensive. I only drink it 2-3 times a day because of the price and if you have a large family of coffee drinkers then your weekly grocery bill will significantly rise. It's much cheaper on Amazon than on their website or in supermarkets though.

Verdict: Highly Recommended if used 2-3 times a day

Feedback:
If you wish to provide feedback on this review then please follow the link below.

Thanks
11 comment36 of 39 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 16 April 2013
I love the taste of Costa coffee & the Tassimo system makes it so easy. You don't even have to go out!
0Comment22 of 24 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 16 November 2014
Best coffee I ever tasted and great price
I drink Costa Americani every morning from the store -
I drink Tassimo Costa Americano at home and I can not tell the difference
Best coffee I ever tasted and I have tasted more coffee than anyone else on this planet
In store price is £2:40 per cup, tassimo price is 24 pence cup/pod. wowwwww
Amazon offer around 19p per cup
I subscribe to save another 5% and quite simply a no-brainer
I am drinking as I review and buy big when on offer currently have around 15 packs in cupboard
Oh yeah and I buy Costa Latte for the rest of !y family because they love it - my dear Mother-in-law thinks its a real treat to come over and I make her a latte
on 31 December 2012
Whilst there is only a small saving over our local supermarkets, having 80 pods delivered and in stock saves the hassle of having to go and buy them. Moreover, the quality and taste are consistently good. My wife and I have always had the Kenco Medium Roast coffee discs but these discs provide that subtle extra bitterness that the Medium Roast discs do not, being slightly more mellow.

That said, there is room in our house for both simply because we occasionally fancy a change. Whilst we are not fans of Costa coffee shops et al, we have to say that these discs are certainly to be recommended.
on 10 November 2014
TO BE COMPLETELY HONEST, I AM A COFFEE FANATIC AND HAVE TRIED EVERYTHING FROM KOPI LUWAK(CIVET CAT) AND JAMAICAN BLUE MOUNTAIN( WORLDS FINEST) AND I ABSOLUTELY ADORE THIS COFFEE,

I THINK LIKE THIS- IF YOU WALK INTO A COSTA COFFEE, YOU AUTOMATICALLY SPEND AROUND THE £3+ MARK FOR ONE COFFEE, HOWEVER HERE YOU ARE GETTING 80 FOR £15 SO IN ALL FAIRNESS YOU ARE SAVING LOADS OF MONEY

£240 FOR 80 CUPS (COSTA SHOP) VS £15 FOR 80 CUPS AND ALSO IT ONLY WORKS OUT 18P A COFFEE.

HOPE THIS HELPS YOU ALL OUT, XX
on 27 July 2013
Great taste and so very easy to use.
I'm about to order other blends.
Highly recommended for making quality coffee drinks..
on 31 October 2014
I've been a Tassimo addict for quite a while now and really never thought of ordering supplies through Amazon before. Very glad I did however as their price was a good deal less than ordering through Tassimo's web site. At first I thought it might mean the sell by date might be fast approaching but no, the best before date is more than 1 year away (and I'll have finished this lot well before then!)

Great coffee at a great (Amazon) price - recommended
on 28 June 2015
After P&P it didn't work out to be such a great bargain!