on 9 July 2013
I type between 6 and 8 hours a day and I needed a new keyboard. I can't believe that this one was so cheap. It it a full-sized keyboard. Very easy to work with for long hours. The keys are very responsive and spaced away from each other.

Very happy with this purchase and would definitely recommend this keyboard to anyone.
on 22 September 2014
Bought for family computer and it is perfect. It rivals my Microsoft Sidewinder x6. I can type really fast if not faster on this than my sidewinder. I bought this without looking at the specs but was surprised when I discovered it had really helpful shortcuts that make a tired old win XP machine more enjoyable. These shortcuts are the calculator, file explorer, media centre (don't use it though), play/pause/rewind/fastforward/stop. Really good build quality and has a satisfying typing sound, not loud. If you have an expensive keyboard and want to buy a friend or family a cheap one, this one will surprise you.
on 15 September 2014
Beautiful and stylish this qwerty keyboard has a gloss finish between the keys and comes with a satifying plastic film to peel off.
The keyboard is thin at the front and has a nice sturdy profile.
Only "basic" thing about this board is that it neglects any adjustable support at the back meaning it wont raise or flatten. the default angle however is comfortable so no big loss.
the gap between keys doesnt leave them feeling spread out despite aplearances and my touch typing was not effected at all.
Low profile keys and soft LED lights in the numpad/capslock are very nice.
Without the usual gap between kyyboard and keys theres no pube gutter to collect your crumbs so it remains clean other than your fingerprints.

Overall a very comfortable keyboard stylish and value for money, not silent or loud buy on all, well above what i would hace expected for the price on a "basic" keyboard, very pleased
on 15 June 2014
I first got one of these keyboards around June 2011 from Argos for my Nintendo Wii as I hated using motion controls for typing. It was the same model keyboard but it was by BUSH. I got a laptop in December 2011 and I used it quite a lot with that as I quite often had it connected to my tv. It lasted until around July 2012 (I traveled around a lot during 2012 and 2013 and dropped stuff quite a bit) so I bought a new one. I got another BUSH one from Argos and I kept using that with my laptop when I had it connected to my tv. In January 2013 my laptops built in keyboard broke so the second one of these I had became a permanent solution to the problem. As I mentioned already I still traveled a lot and dropped my keyboard a few times but it lasted until October 2013. I decided that I would get a third one but Argos didn't have them anymore. I looked on the back of the keyboard and found the model number so I thought I would search for it on Amazon (I had to use my phone for this part). When I searched for it I found the same keyboard but it wasn't a BUSH one it was an Amazon Basics one. I realized that the keyboard was just one that multiple companies made all with their own name on them. I bought the one off Amazon on the 8th October 2013 and am still using it to this day (I am even using it to type this review).

This keyboard is quite light-weight and feels good when using it. The keys are spaced nicely apart and even with my big fingers it's quite hard to make typing mistakes unless you press the keys in the wrong order or if you don't press on them hard enough.
It is good for it's price and will last you a while if you keep it in good condition.
I would recommend it to anyone looking for a keyboard without wanting to break the bank.
Overall I would give this product a 9/10 as the cable isn't as long as I would like but that's because of my setup and not because of the keyboard.
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
A simple reasonably sleek keyboard, perfect for occasional use.

Good points:
- quite nice looking. The keyboard is a shiny "piano black" and the keys are matt
- well put together. 14 (count 'em!) screws holding it together securely
- clear and easy to read white symbols on keys
- cable is a reasonable length
- this is a full keyboard, with a set of function keys at the top, separate numeric keyboard at the right and even a few shortcut keys if that's your thing
- it is, as advertised, a UK keyboard with all the symbols in the right place for UK users
- there are small rubber grip pads at each corner to stop it slipping on a smoother surface

Possible issues for some users:
- this is what is known, I believe, as a "chiclet" keyboard, with all the keys separated out. Like Apple always do. It's a matter of taste whether you like this style or the more conventional with keys next to each other
- the keyboard has a solid protrusion along the back, which raises the keyboard to a slight tilt of about 1 cm. This is not adjustable and there is no option to either put it completely flat or at a higher angle
- the symbols are clearly applied with transfers stuck on the top of the keys, not etched in, so would be likely to wear away eventually under heavy use
- the action of the keys is fairly soft and unresponsive. It's fine for typing web addressed or short messages but you would not want to write War and Peace on it

The issues above would be a bigger concern for a more expensive keyboard, or one to be used for serious work or writing. Since this is not aimed at that market, they are of less weight.

In conclusion, this would be a great choice for a keyboard that is kept as a spare or taken on holiday if you have a laptop and want an external keyboard that is light, slim and one you won't care too much about. It would also be good to plug into a console for those who like to message whilst they game.
on 10 May 2014
Arrived very quickly. Thanks Amazon.

I wanted a low-profile key set and this provides that. However it is no quieter than a traditional keyboard in use. The key travel is short so that is part the way there for me. Nearer to a laptop in feel.

As for the "Frustration Free" packaging ... I disagree. Yes it's the trademark plain buff cardboard we have come to expect but getting it open was fiddly. There is a paper seal over the tabs you need to pull out so you can't actually see them and can't see how they interconnect. In the end I had to use a sharp knife to cut through sticker and cardboard to get it open. Hardly frustration free. You really don't want to have to be logged on to your computer, looking at the Amazon pictures to figure out how to open it, do you? Once in the layout is "upside down" compared with any other keyboards I've bought. Not quite as shown in the product photos. The cable is at the "front" and the keyboard facing away from you as you open. Not particularly worrying, just odd. Maybe just my particular example.

A rethink is suggested Amazon.

Note, the glossy finish will show every mark and smudge and mote of dust too.

Works though and very cheap. Volume controls very useful as is the calculator shortcut key. There's also one to open a File Explorer window and one for Media Player.
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
This is a smart, glossy black standard UK keyboard and is almost identical in appearance and layout to our present keyboard which cost much more. AmazonBasics keyboard has the advantage of flat keys, so, unlike our present keyboard,it is not going to fill up with coffee slops, rolling tobacco and biscuit crumbs. If this hasn't put you off reading on, this is excellent value for money, and is particularly suitable for teenage/ recreational use rather than for a professional typist.The keys are wide and flat--ideal for my husband who has hands like spades and can't cope with anything fiddly--but maybe slower for a touch typist. A touch typist might prefer an adjustable incline on the keyboard,too, but we find this (fixed) slight incline perfectly OK.
The keyboard doesn't slip on our polished desk and the flex is a good length at 1.7 metres. There are a couple of Media keys and helpful lights on the locking buttons so you are reminded they are in use.
There are no instructions with this keyboard--bear that in mind if this is for a beginner--and contrary to the claim that the packaging is easy to open,I ended up attacking the box with a pair of scissors!
However,you really can't go wrong at this throwaway price. Excellent value for money!
AmazonBasics Wired UK QWERTY Keyboard Black
VINE VOICEon 5 April 2013
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
What you really want to know
============================
Is it any good? Yes, just bear in mind that it IS a basic keybaord with no frills.

Pros
====
Stylish
Plug-n-Play
Multimedia/program keys
Light in weight
Caps-Lock/Num-Lock/Scroll-Lock Lights

Cons
====
Slightly 'squishy' feeling key presses
Keys spaced far apart
Lacks a right hand Windows Key
Not for high speed touch typists

Full Review
===========
Finished in a high gloss piano black the AmazonBasics Keyboard looks very stylish. It has 'Chiclet' style keys as found on many laptops/netbooks, which while fine for most uses are not the best for full speed touch typing as they are very soft movement wise and widely spaced. As others have said there is no height adjustment but I found it to be just fine as it is, so it will all depend on what you are used to. The right hand Windows Key found on most other keyboards is replaced by a Function Key to access a couple of multimedia keys which makes it a little non-standard. It worked fine in Windows 8 (x64 Pro) and doesn't require any drivers to be installed.

If you're looking for a cheap temporary keyboard or one for a PC you don't use that often then this will certainly fit the bill.
on 17 April 2013
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
Being in the 'Basics' range I wasn't expecting a great deal out of this keyboard, but am very happy with both the look and functionality.

With a sleek black look and flat keys, it looks nice and is also very easy to keep clean, without having crumbs and the like get trapped between the keys. A good one for a family home with younger children perhaps. The keys will take a little while to get used to, especially if you use regular 'old style' keyboards a lot, as it is not as easy to touch type, but it is easy to adjust to once you have used it a few times.

It attaches to the computer tower using a USB and is plug in and play- working immediately and with no issues.

A few reviews have said the angle when placed on a desk is not great, but I don't find it different from any other keyboards I have used personally, and it doesn't seem to cause any strain on my wrists or discomfort, even with extended use.

At £10 it is great for those who just need the basic computer components without the price tag. A basic keyboard, as you would expect from the price, but easy to use, with nice functions, like the pause and play key for example, and it also comes nicely packaged, in a recyclable box.
on 15 April 2013
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
Normal 'PC keyboards' have big clunky keys that can be removed and replaced, but also make quite a loud noise if you're a heavy-fingered typist. They also trap bacteria and dirt inside and underneath the keys, including, if you eat at your desk, all manner of sandwich crumbs and other gunk. Seriously unappealing!

This revolutionises typing, feeling much like the Apple and laptop keyboards of the past few years, with flat keys that compress under your fingers. Old-style touch typists may find it awkward to use at first - as it is a completely new typing experience, but it will soon become second nature, and is a lot lighter on the fingers too; you don't press as hard as you get the response you want with a much lighter touch.

The keyboard sits at a fixed incline, which may also be difficult to adjust to at first - but this is far more ergonomic and puts less stress on your wrists with the flat keys.

The keyboard itself is plug-and-play USB with decent media keys and a tiny amazonBasics logo printed on it, with a gloss black finish. It's truly gorgeous to look at and works impeccably well - and is under £10! Highly recommended!