on 30 November 2012
This has to be one of the best value for money products I have ever purchased from Amazon.
It's so easy to attach to an acoustic guitar with adjustable lugs, no need for drilling.
The sound when played through my Carlsbro Amp is very true and when I hook up to me Pocket POD effects unit absolutely mind blowing.
So there is not a volume control, no problem.
There is more than enough cable to move about stage or for home use.
Ordered on a friday came 4 days later from Hong Kong, what service.
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 29 January 2016
I ordered this a couple of weeks ago knowing that the delivery would take some time from China but it arrived today and so have had a good play with it today for the first time.

The main reason I bought this was I don’t have a semi acoustic guitar and but I want to be able to use an acoustic for a couple of songs in our set. I looked at a couple of options for this including buying a semi itself but I couldn’t justify the cost and have run out of guitar storage space! I did consider using microphone but you have to remain reasonably stationary to keep the sound consistent. Nor did I want to drill holes in my acoustic to permanently fit a small transducer in there because, well, I really like my acoustic and it was a gift from my wife.

Anyway, I figured this would be a good compromise, at least to give it a try anyway and if it works out maybe get a better quality clip on at a later date, although I have to say I don’t really think there is any need to having given it a try now!

On arrival it has the appearance of a typical cheap Chinese electronic item complete with poor translations such as “Slightly plug the pickup into the point and clip the left side of the point”….OK…glad that’s clear then.

Thankfully it’s pretty easy to work out and I quickly worked out how to fit it in the sound hole and clamp into position without damaging the guitar. The pickup feels pretty secure when fitted and foam pads protect the outside finish.

Once fitted I ran it through my amp which is a Roland Cube 30 so not a specialised acoustic amp but it sounded great! Notes came through crisp and clear when played individually and mid-range chords sounded great. Lower range started to feel a bit muddy at times when playing harder but sorted out with some adjustments to the EQ. I Also gave it a whirl through my Behringer B205D monitor amp which actually sounded even better through there.

Just a couple of things to point out I guess; there is no volume or tone controls like you might get on a semi acoustic so if there’s important for you then perhaps look at the more expensive conversion kits or get a semi. Also this is an all in one unit with the cable and pickup connected so you get one length of cable (which is thankfully pretty long) but if you need greater range you will need to get an inline extender. Also if the unit fails anywhere it is most likely to me the lead itself – the pickup unit and clamps look pretty solid but the lead itself looks to be of average quality and any guitarist worth their salt will know you can’t always rely on the leads! Finally I would just add that obviously it does not look as neat as a semi acoustic in that you have large pickup across the sound hole and a wire trailing from the front of the guitar but, hey, if you care that much about aesthetics you probably won't be looking at this anyway.

So in terms of meeting my requirements of being able to easily amp up my acoustic guitar quickly and easily as well as sounding great this ticks all the boxes and it even ticked another one of being very good value. I might even order another just to have as a spare.
on 13 April 2013
I needed a pickup for my wifes acoustic guitar, so we can play Rocksmith togheter. This one does it's jobe very well, but acoustic guitar is loud on it's own so I use it to play bass, and my electric plays the lead part. nice combination.
on 22 May 2013
I'm a musician by trade, and usually I look for gear more 'professionally' priced than this, but I needed a magnetic pickup for a one-off rehearsal, so I thought I'd take a punt on a cheap one. I'm amazed by how good this is: it looks good, feels appropriately sturdy and has a good, clear sound. If I was being picky I could say I'd like a tiny bit more sparkle and a tiny bit less hiss, but it's entirely useable and with a slight amount of eq on the desk it can sound fantastic.
on 25 March 2016
Nice little pickup for the acoustic guitar, especially for value. Slightly tinny quality to the sound but great for amplification without microphones. Can pick up fret-board noises at higher volumes too. Also, has some feedback issues with particular angles and proximity towards the amp, but a readjustment in positioning is a quick enough remedy.
on 7 March 2016
Extremely pleased with this pick-up, especially given the price. I fitted easily with a really good mechanism and worked well. There is a long lead on it, but I cut that off short as I was using it with a strap button socket. I was surprised by how well it was made and how good it looked. It is fully encased in metal and as a consequence is extremely hum and noise free, something I definitely wasn't expecting. I would definitely purchase one of these again and recommend them to others who want a cheap but good looking and working pickup.
on 28 May 2013
I bought this pick up to use on a very old Eko 12 string, thinking that I could not expect much for the price. How wrong can you be?! It fits the guitar well and easily, and it produces a good sound through my Fender Mustang II amp. It is also quite neat looking. Perhaps the connecting wire is a bit flimsy, but at least it appears to be crackle free. A first class purchase.
on 2 September 2013
Having research pick-ups in Denmark Street and been on the verge of buying a bottle cap stick-on for £30 or so, I was both sceptical to say the least. The product arrived in packaging which suggested from the bad grammar that I had been taken for a mug and the product when unwrapped appeared basic, which I expected for the price. However, the sound was surprising good and certainly comparable with the £30 alternative I was considering. The proof will be in how well it lasts. In truth it will be a reserve to another pick-up we have but I will certainly experiment with it and can recommend it to the extent I have as a cheap but clearly effective device.
on 5 October 2014
I bought this as a bit of an experiment, but I'm delighted with it. I've used it live with Baby Taylor into a PA and it was great. Cheap as chips and non-invasive mounting. I'm sure there are better pickups out there with higher fidelity and tonal range, but I thought this was brilliant for the price. I used it though a volume pedal, which made switching between rhythm and lead levels very easy.

Here's a clip of a very unrehearsed jam session using the pickup (the brown guitar on the left) http://youtu.be/JGycereiOYA?list=UUW7Z3uhK0kQ5UV24BioRlFw
on 9 June 2015
Bought for a friend to use with an acoustic through a practice amp. Sounds OK in this situation. Can't comment on whether it is good on a larger amp but for the money it seems good. Sent from China, took 3 weeks