Format: DVDChange

on 3 October 2012
Hilarious comedy - watched the whole series and looking forward for series 2.
If we all learnt to laugh at each other, the world would be a much better place to live in...
11 comment30 of 30 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 27 September 2012
I watched the series from the beginning and thought it was really funny and the actors are fab, it is comedy after all and I don't think the intention is taking the mick out of religion. I loved the actors and the style of the way they played the roles.

Well Done Adil Ray! I'm a huge fan after seeing 'Citizen Khan'
0Comment34 of 35 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 26 February 2013
Citizen Khan is written in the same vein as other classic humour such as "Fawlty Towers" and "The High Life" in that it observes a particular section of British life. Poking fun at ourselves is a British trait, and one that deservedly embraces all sectors of our multi-ethnic community.

The "Birds and the Bees" scene where Mr Khan attempts unsuccessfully to teach his daughter the facts of life is particularly well observed and deserves to become a classic clip.

I very much look forward to a second series.
on 9 February 2013
this is very funny, well written, there a to many people making a fuss about what you cant do and say, its not rasist, its funny,have a day off and check it out,
on 9 March 2013
Far better than everyday sitcoms, different, with great feelgood factor. Would reccomend it to friends. Look forward to future series.
on 24 February 2013
Having seen this series on the television, I was pleased to be able to get it on DVD and watch it again as there are so many laughs in it that you can miss the first time round. It is very cleverly written and extremely well cast. I would definitely recommend this to anyone and it is a series that can be watched and enjoyed over and over again.
on 28 November 2012
excellent dvd, very funny, caught this on bbc but missed a few episodes and decided to find it on amazon, comedy series about an asian family, very well written with brilliant acting, simple true to life adaptation of modern asian life (I think!?), worth buying and watching, quick delivery.
on 6 November 2012
This is a hilarious series, if a little controversial. I hope that Muslims are not offended by it, because it actually taught me much about Islam and the Pakistani culture in a gentle and funny way. I recommend it to anyone who thinks that it is OK to use humour to overcome our ignorance and prejudices. Personally hoping very much for a second series and I offer congratulations to the whole cast for striking just the right note.
on 9 October 2012
I WATCHED IT FOR THE FIRST TIME AND MANAGED TO SEE ALL SIX EPISODES ON VIRGIN CATCH UP TV.

ITS ABSOLUTELY WONDERFUL TO WATCH ADIL RAY IS SO FUNNY AS IS KRIS MARSHAL WITH HIS BIRMINGHAM ACCENT.

I THINK AND HOPE THERES MORE SERIES TO COME.

GOOD LADS KEEP IT UP.

JOHN LAMB.
on 5 March 2013
very funny show and its not often i would say that about a modern comedy as comedys nowdays are not as good as used to be but this along with Mrs browns boys is absolutely hilarious