Platform: Nintendo WiiChange

on 1 December 2012
Ordered the full set to get the extra characters. The portal is connected to the wii console via USB cable rather than being wireless, which has good points and bad. You don't need batteries! but although the cable is quite long you do have the limitations of the wire connection.
The game is excellent - as expected. My children love the game and really like the giants. They can be quite slow but have the extra power, so they are using their tactical skills to choose who to use when. I am a great fan of skylanders and think their ease of use and expandable levels are a huge leap forward in gaming for novices to become experts.
22 comments43 of 47 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 26 May 2013
Bought this for my 11 year old twins ... One is not really in to it but likes it ( but new this would be the case) the other loves it. We use it as if u do that again strategy then we take it off u!! Mean but works!! She loves it but do moniter time spent as its addictive...
on 10 April 2013
it is for my 9 year olds birthday and he has wanted skylanders for a long time and we are very pleased we got it for him as he has not stoped playing on it and good price
on 28 April 2013
Once finished Spryo's Adventure, as a family, we couldn't wait to begin a new chapter in Skylands. However, Giants is a little bit of a let down. No where near as pacy or varied as its predecessor, the game is slow in parts and lacks the adventure element that swept along game one.

The game relies too heavily on the use of the giant characters, which I understand is the point, but at £14.99 each, it's a little difficult to explain to a four year old that Activision wanted to capitalise on the success of Skylanders and force you to buy the most expensive characters! The smaller giants don't fair well at all against their enemies, so without many giants it's a bit of a short game!

The story itself is not as engaging as the first installment, my son himself less inclined to move the episodes on as he did with Spryo, but rather play the 'Skystones' games and dally on these additions.

The new characters have sparked my son's imagination however, as once away from the portal, they do make very good toys with which to create his own gameas!
on 28 December 2012
My son finds this very exciting. The concept is brilliant, by swapping figurines on a portal depending on what you want to do, using teamwork to get to the goal.
Of course additional figurines are needed, but make sure you get the right 'version'. He was given some Skylanders Spiro's Adventure which don't really work properly with this so we're having to take them back.
on 26 April 2013
A gift for my 8 year old son, who has just recently been itroduced to Skylanders through a friend.
Reasonable quality, withstands his 3 year old brothers interest.
Good mix of characters (or so I am told by the 8 year old authority).
Compared to prices for the same in Asda and Toys r Us (£20 cheaper in one instance) it was an absolute bargain!
on 31 January 2013
This product lived up to expectations. Our sons are big Skylanders fans so this was a must for Christmas. Although we already had Spyros adventure we bought the starter pack again as it was better value than the starter pack. New figures continue to be released so there is always something new to add on to bring new challenges to the whole game.
on 1 May 2013
This is a great game for the Wii.

We got it for our six year old's birthday and he loves it. He and his seven year old sister play the game together and are fascinated by all the characters and their special powers. As we limit their Wii time they also pretend to be the characters and play out adventures using their imagination.

The individual characters make a great present idea for relatives to buy any kid who has this game and I can see these being part of birthday and Christmas presents for years to come - even for Mum and Dad. Our younger children are also keen to help build up the collection of characters so it's a good game for getting the whole family involved.

The game has lots of levels, is fun to play and looks great so I'd thoroughly recommend it.

Amazon had the best deal when we bought this and it was delivered free of charge and free of hassle.
on 22 March 2014
Max had been saving up his pennies for Skylanders Giants and was thrilled when I bought it for him for his 6th birthday. His comments???..."Yes!!!!!! I've finally got it!!!!" He hasn't stopped playing with it and has bought more skylander figures with his birthday money!
on 19 February 2013
A new take on character games with options to battle each other (several players together) of follow a story mode through worlds and with many interesting enemies and friends along the way. You can buy additional Skylanders at reasonable prices (from £8 each) as rewards or presents or saved pocket money or even bribary (!) and there are lots to collect. Each character has a different set of actions and weapons and there is no visual violence so it is safe for smaller people to play without the worry of unpleasantness. We shop around for extra characters but find that Amazon usually has the combination of average price but with quaranteed supplier performance and delivery. This is worth an extra 50p on occasion. Overall reasonable value for money for a Birthday or Christmas, etc.