Shop now Shop now Shop now Cloud Drive Photos Shop now  Up to 50% Off Fashion  Shop all Amazon Fashion Learn More Shop now Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Listen with Prime Shop now Shop now

on 12 April 2013
I recently purchased sonic cd and I can honestly say that the money was well spent. The game looks terrific and runs really well on my kindle fire HD. The game also sounds crisp and the catchy soundtrack is very true to the original game
Can honestly find no faults with this amazing game and I strongly reccomend that you buy it :)
on 7 July 2013
A pretty darn good game through and through! I like how unique and abstract this game is; the levels can get very creative.
The plot is as follows: Dr Robotnik has chained a sacred planet to the ground in order to harvest it's power in the form of the Time Stones; seven coloured gemstones which if United can control time itself. It's up to Sonic to stop him and recover the Time Stones.
The bosses can be stodgy sometimes. There's one which just has you outrun some mines for about two minutes. The Level 2 boss in particular is very annoying; you have to get to Robotnik by using pinball flickers. While it's a cool idea, it's executed poorly. The flippers are VERY stingy and hard to control, and not to mention that literally everything is bouncy.
But if you can look past its flaws, you have a great game. Well worth picking up, especially with such a low price.
on 11 June 2015
Having the original Sony GAME GEAR when it first came out - SONIC was amazing.
We was talking about the state-of-the-art hand held graphics console, and the GRAPHICS of SONIC on it were AMAZING

Roll the clock forward by near 20 years, and this emulated game, LOOKS AMAZING for a 20 year old game, but lacks any luster against contemporary games.

Back to the PAST
Back to the FUTURE - DELETED
on 15 January 2013
works for everyone who has been a fan of sonic. we've been playing in on a kindle and the controls were working perfectly. can' t say what is feels like to play it on a smaller screen.
on 29 December 2012
It's awesome and great fun and it will entertain you for hours on end just like that best game I had played on the kindle
Sonic the hedgehog is awesome
That's all I got to say chitchat
0Comment|91 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 8 January 2013
I have the original mega CD game and this has sharper graphics just what you need for the kindle HD, controls can be fiddle at time but I can over look this, all in all a great game.
on 4 February 2013
Although it was an improved version of the old game, having never played the game the first time round, I found it a bit anti-climactic. Overall an enjoyable game with good pace ad graphics.
I would recommend the game to existing Sonic fans.
on 2 April 2014
Great game - Great port. Fixed for Widescreen.

It supports physical controls by plugging in any old controller with a usb otg cable.

Only problem is there is no way to turn off the on screen controls (Or make them invisible). They are off on the Xperia Play though by default for some reason.
on 6 January 2015
But the controls are useless, without the tactile response of a pad you frequently press the wrong 'button' and have to keep looking down to see where your thumb is placed. Perhaps with a keyboard or something it might be worth it, otherwise not.
on 28 November 2014
I use to play this game on ps2 and after browsing various sonic games, came across it. It is great value for money, and I love the game. It keeps me entertained for quite a while until I lose! 😡