on 9 August 2013
Yes, this is YET ANOTHER 'quirky cop' drama, but this one is really good. Each episode has a couple of plot lines, with further plot lines running through each series, and a long term plot line thrown in for good measure.
The characters are good if ... perhaps ... a little far fetched.
on 3 January 2014
Some of the best TV I've ever seen. I especially like the little islands of humour tucked away here and there. Simon Baker is highly charismatic as an actor and some of the plot lines are stunning. Cannot recommend too highly. The only downside (and it's not even a real downside) is that it's a lot of the same actors that have previously been cast in "24" and "Prison Break" etc. But that's just unfortunate and probably unavoidable. Fantastic!
on 17 November 2013
"The Mentalist" is the best mystery/drama I ever seen. Simon Baker is extremely credible playing Patrick Jane.

He is trying to identify and kill a criminal mastermind, Red John who has a lot of power and influence and killed a lot of people including Patrick's wife and daughter.

Although Jane is brilliant, Red John manages to escape every time and to protect his identity well. In the last season Jane is getting closer and closer to finding who Red John is.

In conclusion: A brilliant TV series. Everyone I know who watched it on TV loves it - my wife, all my friends and even my 86 years old grandma. In my opinion "The Mentalist" is a must if you like mystery/drama and thriller films.
on 17 April 2014
5 stars because this series is brilliant. It's a crime drama with a difference, theres such a dark story at the centre, a man whose wife and child are killed by a serial killer, but theres so much humour and warmth in it too. Great price for such a good series.
on 13 April 2014
This is not just another American Cop series. I found myself getting into the mind of Patrick Jane as he battles with his demons of Red Jon. His charm and wit sets it aside from other shows and the friendship he has with Lisbon and the other CBI agents shows even though Jane tries to hide it.
on 2 August 2014
I'd only every seen the odd episode so decided to buy this. I'm very glad I did. I enjoyed watching it. It's funny, the complicated relationship between Patrick Jane and Teresa Lisbon Is hilarious to watch grow. If you like crime drama you'll enjoy this.
on 27 May 2014
Having watched one or two random episodes on TV, I decided to buy the box set to watch whilst recuperating from an operation, stuck in bed. I am currently on disc 2 of Series 4 and loving it. Every episode is a different one off story but there are sub plots running through several episodes and/or series. Like marmite, you will either love or hate Patrick Jane who is all knowing and seeing. Always right as he outwits the criminals, he may come across as an annoying know it all, but I don't find that. All of the characters have their interesting quirks but work well together. The plots are inventive if somewhat far fetched occasionally but very entertaining. I have watched numerous box sets where the standard dips as the series go on but not so with The Mentalist. Cant wait to get series 6 and yay there will be a season 7. Shows don't last this long in the US if it isn't good so don't listen to me, it speaks for itself !!!
on 27 February 2014
Excellent TV Series that grabs you right from the first episode. The characters are very good and believeable. Its was actually better value to buy the box-set rather than buy all series individually. Would totally recommend.
on 18 November 2013
Currently on Season 3 and I absolutely love love LOVE this show. It's impossible to watch it on tv because adverts ruin EVERYTHING, but this is a real pleasure. Smart, funny, witty and one excellent script after another. May there be many more!
on 3 October 2015
Well, it's "The Mentalist" you know what you are getting before it arrives at your door. Though it's a nice take on a procedural, it can't hold it's own against the plethora of inspired shows we was been fortunate to watck.