on 23 January 2014
Do not buy this cross trainer, I bought mine 6 months ago. Thought build quality was poor to start with and I should have sent it back straight away but didn't... It's like the base feet aren't wide enough to support the machine so it constantly rocks about, especially if your wanting to do a high intense workout. Before every workout we have been having to tighten up all of the nuts and bolts they just keep coming loose - quite dangerous really. The first couple of goes it ran smooth and silent, it then started squeaking a bit and quickly progressed to a intermittent high pitched screech which is a real killer half way through a workout. Now to top it all the thing has buckled and collapsed when my 62 year old father was having a go - he weighs about 13 stone! The main metal pole has snapped at the base, luckily he wasn't hurt... I bought this cross trainer based on the good reviews on this site, since I got mine all the reviews seem to be poor - maybe they have got a load of faulty ones and thats why they are always "half price". I hope this review helps stop someone making the same mistake I made.
22 comments12 of 12 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 28 April 2013
exactly what it said in the advert. very pleased with this product. very easy to assemble. use it every day
on 8 September 2013
I wanted to try to get fitter so decided to buy this product. It is very sturdy and excellent value for money. I find it easy to use but being in my early 60's I'm still working on level 1. Do enjoy using it though and you do get a good workout.
on 15 April 2013
Delivery super fast ordered sunday.. using monday afternoon. Easy to put together and machine is good quaility. It aslo is very quiet. Top piece of equipment.
on 29 March 2013
did consider getting the one that doubles up as an exercise bike as well but when we tried it in a stoor found better off getting seperate equipment. This cross trainer was easy to assemble albeit heavy. Excellent work out and as goos as the one at our local gym.
on 18 April 2014
Poor quality, had to return only downside of returning is Amazon refund on postage which didn't cover cost, poor quality creaked and groaned from the first build I expected far better from a known make like York but this machine failed on all counts
on 22 March 2015
I bought this product last year. As some people have stated, it keeps rocking and is not very stable but I decided to keep it thinking I would get used to it. BIG MISTAKE!!!! Last few weeks it was rocking on one side a lot more so checked it to make sure all bolts were tight enough.......stepped back on and tried to carry on with my work out.....the rocking increased and I realized I could no longer use it. On closer inspection I realised that on the base frame where there is almost like a T junction was broked and had finally completely split!! Am not sure if it came with a bit of a crack which became bigger but I will definitely be contacting Amazon as this is totally unacceptable
on 14 May 2013
Fiddle to put together but is great to use once build. Would recommend any one to buy one good value for money
on 19 April 2014
I had to come back and write a review of this. Initially it worked well and I have no issue with it in terms of it doing the job as a Cross Trainer should however as some have already pointed out it may develop the most annoying fault ever for a machine like this.

The front column on mine has started to get noisy, can't figure it out at all. Now when I say noisy, I don't just mean a little noisy, I mean so noisy you just can't use it. It's like a loud grating noise. Believe me I am not over exaggerating, it's so loud and bad.

I have tried to figure it out and just can't find out what is causing it. Only when you put pressure on the front column left to right, which you can't avoid.

I stripped it down to see if it was a single component causing it, however having done that and then just used a bit of force to move the column the noise is still there. I first thought it was the weld at the bottom going but it seems fine, the more I Listen it's as if the noise is coming from the area around the tension dial but that does not make sense.

If someone has figured it out let me know.

I just can't recommend this unit though in case it happens to you, it will seriously drive you crazy. If you use it inside the house among others it will drive them crazy too. Fortunately I converted my garage so use it there but that does not excuse the issue.
on 23 August 2013
Don't believe the hype, the very hype I fell for! I bought this product based on the favourable reviews and those saying to 'trust the York brand as a sign of quality'. BIG mistake! My first York Active 110 Cross Trainer arrived and I set about building it. Halfway through I realised that the T-bar on the front column was misaligned. The holes were actually drilled off centre! A quick chat with Amazon and I was disassembling and repacking it to be sent back. A few days later the replacement arrived. This one screams like a banshee when in use. It makes a terrible racket. Good thing we live in a detached house otherwise I'm sure the neighbours would be complaining! I've checked it, double checked it, tried it on different floors, taken it apart and put it back together - all to no avail. The sound is coming from the front column and it most definitely shouldn't be, that's all I know. So this one's going back too and I certainly won't be getting a replacement, or anything else from York for that matter. If I could give it lower than one star I would. A truly awful product and a fine example of non-existent QC. Avoid like the plague!