on 5 July 2013
I first had this brandy what seems like a millennia ago when I first went to Greece. Unfortunately I was not able to go back to Greece until the end of May this year. To Zakynthos. I was a bit stunned at the serving of this brandy (WOW!!!) but, nevertheless enjoyed it with my coffee after dinner. And boy did I enjoy it every night for the week I was there. It is such a smooth brandy and unlike French or Spanish it is not harsh.
I brought a bottle home from Duty Free for my son and daughter in law and they loved it so when they were due to visit me I. . sent for a bottle. OK so the brandy arrived well on time but I was not entirely happy with the packaging. It was in a plastic case inside a cardboard box but somehow the cap of the bottle had come loose and there was brandy all over the place. Otherwise I have no grouse. It arrived on the Friday whereas Monday was given as the delivery date but I would have been severley miffed if it had not been delivered until the Monday as I paid quite a lot extra for "next day" delivery
on 8 December 2011
Metaxa Greek brandy can be a bit of an acquired taste, but it is a taste that I recommend people work on. It is actually a mixture of distilled spirit and herbs, apparently, unlike French brandy. The Greeks drink it with ice, but I prefer it as it comes out of the bottle, in a brandy balloon shaped glass. They also make a Seven Star Brandy, which is even smoother, and also very acceptable. This is a nice alternative to traditional brandies, and certainly doesn't give me heartburn, as some of the others can do. Recommended.
VINE VOICEon 30 April 2011
the best quality brandy ever ,you must taste it your self,a very smooth drink ,i would say better than french brandy.i first tried this in 1990 i was given this as a gift from a greek taverna we went a lot to at the end of our holidays, since then i have recommened this to friends they all agree it is a drink we all look for at duty free even in turkey oh it is better than the 6 star brandy this one tends to be a bit to fruity for me ,you must try this 5 star see for yourself.my son bought us one last xmas fom amazon it just seems to be hard to get old of ,for years i tried local supermarkets but just couldnt get hold of it ,then to my surprise i find it here on amazon great they know good quality.
on 16 January 2016
A deliciously smooth brandy that is well worth trying. METAXA 5 Stars has a floral character, revealing notes of bitter orange blossom, roses, apricot, flower honey, vanilla and a touch of violette and balanced, with notes of peach and apricot, raisin and brioche. Delicious and unlike any brandy you have tried before.
on 4 June 2014
I have given this product a rating of five stars because of its quality, presentation and price! It is a delightful brandy and I would recommend it for its flavour. I enjoyed it as much as I did other more expensive brands
on 10 May 2014
saw this on amazon have not had it since went to Greece 10 years ago just how I remembered it tasting smooth no need for mixer as ruins taste of the brandy. shall use the seller again quick prompt service.
on 4 August 2015
Bought this item for my guest, but they said it's not original as they are real Greeks.. I love it anyway. Amazon also mentioned that it's 40%.. the bottle states 38%..

FIX THAT AMAZON.
on 25 April 2014
I have been drinking this since I first discovered it on The Greek Islands more than 35 years ago. It is smooth, rich and warm. Not as harsh as some cognacs.
on 27 June 2011
I bought 2 of these for Fathers Day from Amazon as its difficult to get hold of, and as it went down really well with the recipiants i am now ordering some more for my Husband as we have had it bought for him from friends that went to Greece and he enjoys the odd tipple, when he saw id bought it for a gift he was " wheres mine?" so im now ordering some more for him, and as i deal with Amazon quite a lot its a site i trust, i would recommend this product and buying it through Amazon, and it only took 2 days to arrive....bottoms up x
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 11 March 2014
it is very difficult to find Metaxa in the uk and if you can find it, you have to pay a lot for it, this price for 5* metaxa is excellent