Format: DVD|Change

on 24 September 2013
After the first 6 or 7 episodes the plot seems to lose all sanity but it's TVD and you can't not watch it. If only to hope that at some point Elena and Damon will get together.

Not the best season but I think we're all hoping it will lead onto greater things for Season 5.

At the time I bought it, it was a great price and you do get the UV copy if you have any particular favourite episodes you can pop them on a portable device and have TVD wherever you go.
on 18 May 2016
I'm nowhere near my teens but I can't get enough of this series. It is actually very well-written and although it is about vampires on the surface there's something much deeper about loyalty, the importance of family and the scars that bad parenting the Leaves for generations. I guess it teaches also that there is bad and good in almost every one: and not to give up on someone too easily. One thing they do too easily is drink, and if I had a teenage child I probably will let them watch it because of the amount of alcohol that is consumed.
on 20 April 2016
I have become hooked on the vampire diaries since season one, which was brilliant. I won,t be happy now till I have all of them. Characters blend in with each other and the storyline gets better and better. Delivery has been really quick and a good price also. Very happy.:-)
on 10 January 2014
*SPOILER ALERTS*
I was very impressed with the gripping cure storyline and I understand that Elena would change due to the vampirism but to say her love for Damon has been magnified and not her love for Stefan didn't make any sense to me and Damon isnt as badass as he used to be have to say I have major love for Klaus now and am losing the will to live with Elena as a vampire so I was very happy when the originals was announced still a great show and how stefan and elena ended it wasnt emotional enough for me I was very disappointed with how emotionless it was after being so in love however I still adore the show and hope it will pick back up again in the future just my opinion but this was the worst season so far
on 23 August 2013
The Vampire Diaries just gets better and better! I have loved every episode and this season certainly didn't disappoint. Every time you think you can guess what will happen next, it completely surprises you and I love that - very unpredictable. The drama and pace continues right to the very end and ends on an unbelievable cliff hanger. Can't wait for season five!!!
on 24 September 2013
I have been an admirer of this series since Season 1. I cannot fault it for interesting twists and turns and character development.

My only concern is that it will end up becoming another "Supernatural" which I gave up on after Season 4 as it became more and more ridiculous.

I am pleased Vampire Diaries got a Season 5 but I would like to see it finish or at least wrap things up in Season 6 or with a mini-series and end on a memorable high rather than fade into obscurity, or worse absurdity.
on 28 December 2013
I love the Vampire Diaries and the stories just keep on getting weirder. We seem to have strayed away from vampires itself and going into immortality and cures for vampirism. There is the usual tension between Damon, Stefan and Elena and with Elena now vampire she seems to be harder. Although the storylines keep changing you can still keep up but you have to watch everyone or else you will miss something. Keep it coming.
on 18 February 2013
Although I don't enjoy episodes as much as I did in the first series, season 4 still offers a lot.

From the start, I was never a fan of the original vampires storyline, but it has really grew on me due to the likes of fascinating characters such as Klaus, Elijah & Rebekah.

The originals are also rumoured to be spawning their own spin off, which will be a great addition to TVD!

Would really recommend this for when released, but for new viewers start from season 1!
on 9 September 2013
After a seemingly unsure start, the plot-lines expand and become grounded quickly. The first half will knock in some new mythology, while the second will keep you guessing with its twists, booing at the baddies and even swooning at pairings made and broken.
It even has its deeper moments, calling into question the characters' perceptions on good and evil, as well as the viewers' opinions on the characters' perceived moral soundness and ambiguity respectively.
Altogether a good buy and a great watch. Fans will not be disappointed and I challenge any of you to foresee all of the characters' endings until the moment they spring up at you.
on 18 January 2014
I've always been a huge fan of the Vampire Diaries, and when I saw that Elena was becoming a vampire at the end of the last season, I was a little skeptical of how this season would work. I admit, it has to be the best season yet! I don't think the cast of The Vampire Diaries get enough credit for their acting... Nina Dobrev especially who has to portray (particularly in this season) all the different versions of Elena, as well as her doppelganger Katherine, and make sure that both characters are still unique! I found myself on the edge of my seat at the end of each episode, unable to wait to see the next one... you can imagine my disappointment when I ran out of episodes to watch. Cannot wait to start watching the next season!