on 21 August 2013
I bought this case after researching the pros-and-cons of just about every case available for my Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0" The Belkin brand was attractive, especially at the price (£12.00 at the time of purchase (June 2013), £14.00 at the time of writing this review)

I had a slightly nervous wait after ordering the case, when my other half helpfully pointed out that there were / are apparently two different variants of the 7" Galaxy Tab, each differing slightly in the placing of buttons, camera lens etc. No doubt most of you techies would already have known this, but I, in my ignorance, was unsure if my new case was actually going to be suitable for my device. Thankfully it proved to be the correct fit, with the camera aperture in exactly the right place. So, for the benefit of anyone reading this and thinking "Huh? There are two different Galaxy tabs?" I can confirm that this is the correct case for the P3110 version of the tab. (If you're unsure which variant you have, the information is printed in teeny tiny writing on the reverse of the tab near one of the short edges.)

Having worked with it for a few months now, I would rate the case as follows:

Device Protection: 4.5/5

The case offers excellent drop-protection to the corners, with thick rubberised lugs that both hold the device securely in place and offer a very good level of impact protection to these vulnerable parts. Inside of the screen flapover is lined with a soft, cosseting material that shouldn't leave scratches.
Half a point dropped due to the fact that, contrary to the appearance in the main photo, the outer skin of the flapover covering the screen is fairly soft, and probably wouldn't offer much in the way of crush-protection should you do something really silly such as drop a piano on it or stand on it... but it's probably at least on a par with any other case. I doubt you'll get army-grade Kevlar at this pricepoint....

Build Quality: 4.5/5

Good quality, faux leather-type material, with no sign of fatigue on any of the hinged sections after two months of fairly intensive use. Stitching appears to be of excellent quality.
Half a point dropped due to the closure, which is of the elasticated strap design, and, although fine at the moment, feels as though it may prove to be a weak point over time. Again, it is at least on a par with any other case using this type of closure. I'd much prefer a stud or magnet type.

Design / user friendliness: 4/5

Good quality look and feel, pleasant to hold and, as mentioned, holds the device firmly in place.
One point dropped due to the design of the stand, which essentially involves tucking the edge of the flapover under a 1.5 x 4.5cm lug on the reverse. It's ok, but doesn't make it particularly stable. Not a big deal for me, as I mostly use the tablet hand-held, but this will matter to some.

Value For Money: 4.5/5

At the price I paid, the case was unbeatable value, and would have rated 5/5 here. At the current price, it still represents excellent VFM and rates 4.5/5. If it ever gets near to the £39.99 RRP, it would just become silly; for that I'd want it to be bombproof.....

Overall, as long as the price remains sensible, I would thoroughly recommend this case over just about any of the others I've researched at this price point. If you could award half-stars I would have given an overall 4.5 stars out of 5 above. Only the fairly minor niggles noted in the review preventing this Belkin case from achieving 5/5.
on 19 December 2013
The only thing I hoped it would do but which is does not do it stand the tablet up on the thin end as well as on the wide end but I expect it would be unstable that way as the tablet is quite heavy. Good value with all the camera holes etc in just the right place.
on 6 February 2015
Its a Fake don't waste your money if you want quality and a genuine belkin case.Case is not the same case as picture shows and material off case is coming off case straight away on the inside.If you want something quick and cheap that wont last that long then go ahead but i'm gonig to buy a better one that isnt breaking the law!
on 18 September 2013
Perfect for the Galaxy tab 7. Offers good all round protection while still allowing you to use your device as its intended. Easy access to charger slot, buttons and camera lens. Has a novel little fold system as well. It was also about 40% cheaper on Amazon than that of the top high street retailers.
on 2 January 2014
Already had a Belkin case but this one was a bargain at much less than I paid before. Not disappointed when arrived as was exactly the same spec as my original, just different colour. Delivery was quick and arrived well packed.
on 17 August 2014
Top quality which is what I expected from Belkin....but nabbed this at a great price. Needless to say a perfect fit and finish
on 28 October 2013
Love the colour, the quality and it fits my tablet perfectly.
Would certainly recommend it only wish it was in purple.
on 25 November 2014
Very pleased with Folio case fits my galaxy 7inch tab 2 very well the hole is the right place for the lens
on 7 December 2014
Fits perfect and a great bit of kit. Being able to fold into stand is a great bonus!
on 8 November 2014
Excellent one year on still fine