on 22 September 2014
Bought as a 3rd birthday gift for our son. It's a nice toy, but not sure it's worth the RRP, I bought it whilst significantly reduced, and for the price I paid I'm happy. However, biggest criticisms of this set are 1) the Mike figure included with the set, doesn't come with a helmet! Maybe not a big deal for some, but my 3 year old pointed it out straight away and would have been very disappointed had he not received a Mike with helmet as part of another set! After all, Mike should wear his full set of armour to be truly 'knightly'! And 2) the doorways and entrance to the slide are only wide enough to use with the Mike character included. So should you purchase other sets, or other characters to go with the castle, they do not fit through the doors or down the slide! The formerly mentioned 'Mike with helmet' figurine gets stuck and has to be given a firm shove to get him down the slide to Galahad! Evie doesn't go close, Tollie's ears get wedged in the gap and don't even mention Fernando! His head is so large he doesn't even stand up! It seems the manufacturers didn't think this through very well, and so I've scored this 3 stars simply because of the ill thought out design. The castle is intended to link up with the other sets available, so why not make the castle features large enough to accommodate all the figurines? It's a shame as otherwise this is a nice little play set. The most impressive thing, sizing issues aside, is how like the TV characters the figurines are. They've been very well reproduced and are 'true to life', so to speak. In short, my son likes the toy, despite the limitations, but it wouldn't be worth the full RRP, buy whilst reduced if you can.
TOP 50 REVIEWERVINE VOICEon 3 August 2014
This is such a basic playset and the best part of it are the two little figures (Mike and his horse) however; this model of Mike doesn't have a helmet or sword. The horse is nice though. Stands firmly on it's little base and rears up on it's hind legs.

As for the interactive parts well; there's a staircase to clip onto the top stair. A door that opens and closes. A trapdoor in the floor with painted gold inside. A window by the horse trough that spins and Mike's bed pushes up against the wall revealing the entrance to an escape hatch. That's it.

Along with Mike and his horse there are two other accessories; a hay bale and treasure chest.

I'm so pleased I paid the sale price and not the full price. It's certainly value for money at the lower price.

Where the toy excels is that it lasts for a long time and stands up to no end of wear and tear. It's also a decent size.
on 13 September 2013
Plastic, limited movement of figures and cardboard background. Basically a waste of money, so very disappointed I had purchased it for my grandson.
on 14 November 2012
This is the most played with of the mike sets. We also have the arena and quintain which seem to have very limited play value. The castle with slide, doors and stairs seems to be a hit. It connects to the other playsets but unfortunately character have decided against making addition roadway available. This means you cannot recreate the scenes on the box.
22 comments8 of 9 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 26 November 2012
Bought this for my sons 4th birthday in October and it has been played with everyday since, has generated some great imaginative play .
on 30 October 2012
I think it is very good choice buing the first this set, but my son is sorry that the mike has not a knight's armour but only the pictures of it under a bed.
on 7 January 2013
It arrived quickly, in plenty of time for Christmas.
The toy is good quality.
My nephew loved it, he spent most of Christmas day playing with it.
on 30 September 2013
I liked the item. however I though there would be more to it. My grandson liked the gift so thats all that matters
on 5 January 2015
Lovely set for the sale price; this went down really well with the 2 year old I bought this for. However it seems to be fairly flimsy and there is not much really to the set; my daughter has various other sets (Octonauts, Mickey Mouse) and the feel of these is much heavier, proper solid plastic. A tenner and this is great value but don't pay for than that for it. I think they could have done a lot more with this.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 22 April 2014
mike the knight deluxe glendragon castle play set was purchased for my grandson's 5th birthday as he loves anything to do with mike the knight.i would recommend buying this item as it is good value for money and it was easy to buy,and my grandson hasn't stopped playing with both mike the knight playsets.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse