2,667
AmazonBasics High-Speed HDMI Cable 0.9 m / 3 Feet Supports Ethernet, 3D, Audio Return
Size: 0.9 m / 3 FeetPackage Type: Standard PackagingChange
Price:ยฃ3.49+Free shipping with Amazon Prime

I have had several AmazonBasics products before, and always found them good. These cables are no exception. They come in a simple padded envelope and the only packaging is small plastic caps to protect the plugs on the end. As noted by many other reviewers, since HDMI is a digital signal, you do not need super-duper expensive cables to get 100% perfect transmission. These ones will do the job, at a very reasonable price.
As with other Amazon cables, the plugs at the end of the cables are really solid, with nice "shoulders" to make sure that the end of the cable cannot kink where it joins the plug.
These cables are only 3 feet, which makes them perfect for joining equipment sitting in a typical TV cabinet - DVD, PVR, games console, etc., without leaving metres of cable hanging around to be tidied away. Be aware though that these cables are relatively stiff, so do not expect them to bend at tight angles around awkward furniture.
In case you do not know technicalities, these cables support HDMI v1.4, which means that they are cable of taking signals up to that for a 4K television, and also have a separate connection for Ethernet. What this means is that, suppose you have a PVR box plugged into your router - rather than have to connect your smart TV separately to the router, you can just connect the HDMI cable to your PVR box and it can receive internet content over the HDMI cable (i.e., one less cable cluttering up the space behind your TV. Obviously, you also need to make sure that both your TV and whatever else you connect support HDMI v1.4 too!
However, the cables are backward compatible, so you can happily use it for normal HDMI connections now, and know that later when you upgrade your TV or other equipment, you have something that will still work as well (or even better).
on 2 December 2013
It's an HDMI cable. It's a long one. It's a cheap one. So if you want a long HDMI cable at minimal cost that will work just as well as any other cable, then this is what you want.

There's no need to be misled by monstrous claims that some HDMI cables are better than others at transmitting your data; that's just a combination of marketing and ignorance of basic physics. The only two things where paying more can get you better quality are a) the standard of construction (how likely is it that the cable and its connectors will fall apart), and b) how thin the cable is.

Despite being cheap, this cable is well-made and robust, so you're unlikely to experience any problems on that score. The only thing that gives it away as being a budget product is that it is fairly thick and inflexible by comparison with some. If that matters to you, then something a bit more expensive may be more appropriate. But for a situation where flexibility isn't hugely important (such as a permanent connection between two items that don't move much) then this is perfectly fine. If all you care about is getting ones and zeros from one end of a wire to another, then this will do the job with absolutely no problems at all.
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on 16 March 2013
No issues with the cable what so ever. After staring surprised at some HDMI cables in store that ranged from 5x to 20x the price of this and reading a bunch of articles I can now say for sure - this is the cable you need. Forget your fancy braided cables and gold plating etc. You are transmitting digital signal over a distance less than a meter. Does not matter what cable you use as long as the connectors don't fall off upon first installation and it doesn't shatter when bent. Analogue cables could have justified their costs (to a point). Digital does not care much about quality as long as distance is not exceeded and minimum standard is met.
Buy with confidence and use it proudly.
review image review image
TOP 500 REVIEWERon 22 November 2012
HDMI cables are like the Emperor's new clothes it seems. You can spend an absolute fortune on such a cable (and I am talking hundreds) and yet I defy the average man in the street to tell the difference in either audio or video quality between a well made cable such as this, and another costing many times as much. Yes the expensive cable will look nicer and will feel good, but that - to me - is not the point. It's going to spend its' life stuffed in the back of your DVD or BluRay player, where nobody will see it.

I use this cable to feed the video signal to my projector in a home cinema. I needed a quick replacement for a rather more expensive cable which I - er - broke. My screen is a bit larger than most at 3 metres wide (a bit more diagonal). I project a high definition signal from a BluRay source.

Trust me - this cable is absolutely fine.
44 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again
Just some information for those who do not know; HDMI cables with Ethernet are also known as HDMI 1.4, this version is needed for anyone wanting to play 3D films on their blu-ray player connected to their HDTV, also the cable allows people to view 4k resolution movies and allows upto 100Mbps Ethernet connection between two HDMI connected devices. So lets say you have a TV that can be connected to the internet but at the same time you want a blu-ray player to be connected also, instead of having the hassle of linking the router/modem to all your devices, you can connect it too your TV and use this HDMI cable to transfer internet from your TV to your device connected on the other end... who would of ever thought that one day all this could be in one cable, I surely didn't even think about it!

TV's and devices that can support the Ethernet connection should have by the HDMI port labelled as "HEC", however not all of them do so if your unsure, check the manual to see if it supports this extra connection, if it doesn't no worries as this HDMI cable will still work for those devices and TV's that can't support the Ethernet, you just wont be able to use it to connect them to the internet.

For me I was rather disappointed that my HDTV does not support the extra features of 1.4 whereas my other device does, so I cannot comment of the speed of the internet connection, however I can comment about the quality of the cable; It's the perfect length, it's pretty darn solid and thick (I can't imagine this cable getting tangled up) and the Audio/Picture quality is just what you expect from an HDMI cable.

So once again full stars for a truly great quality Amazon Basics item.
on 30 December 2012
The cable arrived quickly and does the job. A longer HDMI cable at a reasonable price. I use it to connect my laptop to the TV screen
on 2 May 2015
๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜Ž๐Ÿ’ฏ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿฝi have bought a few of these cables and they are absolutely perfect for my needs, I know you can buy pound shop HDMI cables, but I have had some that would not work, something to do with the signal from the device you are using. My friend said the signal is coded or something like that.
๐Ÿ˜‰ I bought this particular HDMI for an Apple TV box, and it's perfect.
I also wanted an HDMI cable that I could recognise at the end that plugs into my HDMI Splitter box, I have in excess of 20 HDMI Cables and when they are all black and all look the same, it can be difficult to find what device it is for, unless you trace it all the way back to the source.
Now I have a few Amazon orange & black HDMI Cables I have a better idea of what device they are for.
JUST NEED AMAZON TO MAKE SOME DIFFERENT COLOURED HDMI CABLES, LIKE GREEN FOR XBOX, BLUE FOR SET TOP BOX, RED FOR PLAYSTATION, ETC ETC
IM ALREADY USING DIFFERENT COLOURED ETHERNET CABLES TO IDENTIFY WHAT DEVICE IS WHAT, COLOURED HDMIS WOULD BE COOL, AND SAVE ME ALOT OF TIME TRYING TO TRACE 5 different cables back to the source.
๐Ÿ˜Ž๐Ÿ˜œ๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿ˜€OVERALL A GOOD PRODUCT, ILL DEFINATLY BE BUYING MORE OF THESE AMAZON CABLES AS AND WHEN THE FAMILY NEEDS TO CONNECT A DEVICE๐Ÿ˜„๐ŸŽ‰๐Ÿ’ฏ๐Ÿ˜Ž๐Ÿ”ซ
review image
on 28 November 2014
Bought several of these for my new TV, they all work perfectly and allow for full 1080P on my Blu-Ray player. Ignore an "gold-plated" palaver...this isn't the day of Scart Leads!
review image
on 29 December 2010
There simply isn't any need for expensive HDMI cables when there is stuff like this on sale. Works a treat between the PC (output from an ATI 5770) into the TV, picture and sound transmitted without any issues. Superb quality cannot fault it.

One tip, if you have an ATI card you need to open the catalyst control centre and set overscan to 0% in order for it to fill the TV screen. :)
33 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again
I bought this HDMI cable to go with my son's new bedroom TV. He can now connect the love of his life aka the Xbox to his new telly and decapitate zombies, call air strikes in, fight Loki as The Hulk and worryingly steal a car and mow down innocent bystanders on GTA!

This cable is 3 feet long and feels very well made/not flimsy at all. The connections are good/solid with a nice tight fit. There's no 'wiggle' once it's in!

Apparently air strikes have never looked so good!

Recommended.

PS - Never pay more than a fiver for any HDMI cable. They're pretty much all the same!