Format: DVD|Change

on 9 March 2013
Jax has taken the gavel and the pressure is even greater this season. He has to keep the cartel/irish gun deal alive while working on extracting the club from the deal. Damon Pope, an afro american gang boss wants revenge for his daughters death, and dealing with him will bring both death and new opportunities to the club. A new partnership with an escort angency creates interesting opportunities but also problems for both parties. Clays attempts to get back the gavel and the presidency leads to more problems for Jax, the club and the town. Tara finds herself drawn deeper into the clubs affairs and as usual matriarc Gemma has ideas for the future of the Teller name in the club. The club is fighting for its survival and Jax finds that trying to do the right thing is becoming more and more difficult, as nasty decisions have to be made.
As with the previous seasons, Kurt Sutter has once again delivered a spectacular season with plenty of good stories and plenty of action. What ever he has planned for season 6, i am confident will be just as great as the first five seasons. The man is a true genious.
I never dreamt that an old "stick in the mud" such as me would get so totally hooked on a series about a motorcycle gang called Sons of Anarchy.
Put any predjudices you might have to one side and watch this incredible series.
It's the story of an american "Hells Angel" style motorcycle gang. Only they are also an organised crime gang, running guns, protection and prostitution rackets. SOA delves brilliantly into the personal lives of the key players and the internal politics of SOA
Then there is the determined efforts of law enforcement to bring them down and the dramas this brings.
Every episode of each series is superb, with great story lines, stunning acting and a lot of gut wrenching, brutal violence.
As long as you can stand the violence this is as good as it gets, unmissable, superb, gripping, a masterpiece of a show with a unique perspective.
I would give this 6 stars if i could. Watch it or i'll send the boys around.
on 16 May 2013
I've seen this series on TV recently, and it's the best drama of all time, it's a pity that it had to end, with an enormous cliff hanger, and we have to wait for the next series.. buy this if you cant get it on TV, and there's no adds on the box-set.
on 9 January 2014
Highly recommended to anyone who has already watched any of the earlier series. Season 6 has already been made [just waiting for the DVD] and I understand season 7 [the last] is in the pipeline.

Everything about Season 5 is excellent but beware - there is a nasty shock awaiting true devotees and fans as we lose a really great character this time :o( That said, the writing, production, costumes, acting and the twisting, weaving story line just gets better and better with each new season. Kurt Sutter is an amazing writer. One of the best things about this is the total lack of the "F" word. In my book if the subject is strong enough and the scenes are properly written you just don't need the over-used expletive. I can't recommend this highly enough.

DVD packaging is excellent. There are a number of deleted scenes which perfectly bridge small gaps in the story.
Superlative stuff.
Just finished watching this. Have to say it's right up there with the very best prepare for some real shocks!! (Which'll leave you screaming at the telly!) .... Tig has a good story in this (which is great as he's one of my favourite characters!) and the ending is amazing. The bloke who played Michael in LOST is a new character (a great actor, who does something utterly horrible early on--I still feel sick thinking of it). It's hard to say any more without giving anything away. Rest assured, though, that unlike many series SOA is going from strength to strength and is as brutal, moving and addictive as ever. Roll on season 6! :)
on 30 December 2013
Carries on with the same pace of the previous series, and there is no diminishing of the quality of the writing or the acting. Great American drama that speeds along with graphic, and violent, but get past that and the storylines are excellent.
on 29 November 2013
I found myself getting very worked up over this series, it was excellent but such an unfair story. That awful ugly Gemma isn't just the mother in law from hell but a nasty spiteful bitch, her son deserves all he gets but what about the babies????
on 11 August 2014
My brother kept going on about this and I eventually started to get all the series.
It's hard to score one season off the other but once again what another "brilliant" season.

Already signed up for season 6.
on 22 July 2015
Great entertainment and excitement
For a very fair cost we the family will enjoy again and again by one and all.
So can I now take a moment please on behalf of our whole family group to state loudly here and now
...`We Thank You`
on 3 March 2014
I've been watching SoA on lovefilm and was delighted to see it was available as part of the rebranded Prime Instant video service, so I'm about 5 episodes into season 5 only to find its inexplicably no longer part of Prime. Is this just a glitch? I hope so, as I've got into this however I shall not be paying per view. 3 stars, would be higher if not the gripe that I'm using the review section to highlight.