3.8 out of 5 stars1,237

on 16 July 2012
My 83 year old mother needed a replacement microwave after the timer knob on her Sharp had broken. We researched many and settled on the Daewoo. It arrived very promptly, in perfect condition and took minutes to set up. The cream colour matches the kitchen decoration and it's slightly retro look is very stylish.
The controls are simple to use and the display is very clear to see.
The interior light illuminates the food well as it cooks. The door opens by simply pulling the handle, which, though my Mother has weak arms, she can manage easily. The oven is also heavy enough to stay put on the work surface and not "walk forward" when she opens the door.
We are delighted with this microwave and at such a good price, we certainly recommend it.
11 comment245 of 249 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 3 March 2011
well what can i say... well here goes... the first one i recieved didn't work but thruogh amazons great assistance a replacement arrived 2 days later after contacting them, the microwave itself is great and looks great and i have no regret's in ordering a replacement. Thanks Amazon for your rapid response
11 comment12 of 12 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 13 June 2012
We're very pleased with this product and the buying experience. The microwave works perfectly, looks great and is the ideal size. The package arrived promptly- no problems at all.
0Comment48 of 50 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 19 December 2011
Very happy with this microwave, we really only use it to sterilise the baby's bottles and heat up baby food which it appears to do fine. Colour is good and the 'chrome' handles and buttons make a nice contrast. This replaces our previous Daewoo microwave which we had for about 10 years, hope this one lasts as long!
11 comment19 of 20 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 2 February 2013
Looks good with the cream finish not the biggest of microwaves. Only one problem is you cannot fit a dinner plate inside otherwise very happy. Delivered very quickly.
0Comment43 of 46 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 5 April 2011
Lovely retro red and looks great in the kitchen. Can fit a full size dinner plate in which is unexpected as it is much smaller than my old microwave. Only downside is it sounds like a rattling can when it's working but other than that it's fine and looks lovely with all my other red kitchen stuff.
0Comment30 of 32 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 22 November 2010
I have to say I love this microwave ! I bought it to co-ordinate with my red Delonghi Toaster and kettle and it is a perfect match - oooh it looks so lovely! It is MUCH smaller than my previous microwave - it is exactly the right size for a large dinner plate ...I like to cook a whole chicken in my microwave and was concerned that the large bowl I use would not fit in ...it did..but not with the lid on so I have to pop clingfilm over it...not a problem. It is very powerful and is also the easiest microwave to use that I have ever had. It is a bit "tinny" but it does the job and looks good too , what more could you want ?
11 comment113 of 123 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 22 February 2012
Love this,retro,great price,800watt,Looks great in my black gloss kitchen.Great all rounder that does'nt cost the earth , would certainly recomend.
on 10 September 2012
My Daewoo was red in colour and left my wife with a red face when the inner door seal melted.
Not a very good advert for a microwave oven.
Whilst Amazon were spot on with there customer service and offed a replacement or a full refund, we settled for a replacement.
Daewoo came up short yet again when we were supplied with the same model but with slightly smaller inner dimensions
this meant that our dinner plate would not now fit, whilst not insurmountable a bit of an inconvenience.
I could not and would not recommend this item.
on 3 March 2015
DONT BUY!!!!!!! This microwave was less than a year old when it started to rust inside and bubble up!! I only ever wiped it clean & no microwave should rust and bubble like that!! It is now dangerous, poisonous and contaminates food!! DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY ON THIS JUNK I AM ALSO GOING TO TRADING STANDARDS AS NO MICROWAVE SHOULD BE DOING THIS!! LOOK AT THE PICS THAT I HAVE UPLOADED!!
review image review image
55 comments55 of 60 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse