• FING

Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£1.99

on 10 September 2012
I bought this to read with my nephew when he comes for sleepovers & he loved it. He was fascinated by the idea of a boy with no knees & tried to walk just like him. It has humour, a bit of scary stuff & a happy ending, perfect for a seven year old boy.
on 28 February 2013
My 10 years old son and I recently discovered the books by Papa G, and we love them so much we read on the Kindle and ordered the paperback. The books are well written, they are funny and engaging. I was looking for a good book to encourage my son to read more, a short book that would leave him wanting for more. And we definitely found it! Papa G books have great little stories; I have also used the books to support extra curriculum literacy activities.
FING is a lovely story, is one of those books you cannot put it down. You just need to know what happens next. My son loved the idea of having a 'good' monster who looks after you, that he traced a pattern on paper and we made our own Fing soft toy.
We highly recommend this book as we thoroughly enjoyed reading it!!!
on 8 November 2012
Stupendous book, my son loved it (age 7) and so did I - we want the sequel!! Reading it myself, I would have thought the plot was too complicated for children, but this was one of the best successes we've had with the kids.
on 27 April 2013
I bought this on a whim, but I am always interedted in what other Authors are Writing for Childern. I found this totaly charming. Cleverly written and good moral tale behind it (stay posative and Fing's will only get better). I am going to read other works by this Author as writing of this nature is rare. Simple, moral and good thoughts no matter how bad the situation.
I think a good read for children and good to read with children. Very happy with this purchase and glad I discovered it.
on 9 January 2013
This is a terrific story about six-year old Ulrich Von Strudel, a determined little boy born without knees. And, as if that were not enough, he has just been told his parents have been eaten by pygmies and his very mean great-aunt, Mrs Lipstick, is on her way to collect him from boarding school and look after him. When the evil Mrs Lipstick takes Ulrich home, she banishes him to the distant and inhospitable attic. Mrs Lipstick not only dislikes little boys, she is also totally aware that if anything happens to Ulrich, she will inherit the entire Von Strudel family estate. All she has to do is find a way to "accident" Ulrich and all will be hers. But, unbeknown to the evil great-aunt, Ulrich finds a sock-loving, one-eyed monster in the closet, who soon becomes his only friend, and who encourages him to heed his mother's advice - "If you stay positive, things will always get better."

This is a book which can be read in one sitting or, since it is chaptered, can be read as a bedtime story a bit at a time. Either way, it is filled with humour, touched with sadness and a little bit scary in parts. Children will love it! The writing is excellent and the black and white drawings are extremely good. Recommended age 6 years plus.
on 12 April 2013
I thoroughly enjoyed this fairy tale because there was highs and lows. And funny bits such as the boobie traps on the stairs my favourite character was the FING because at first I thought he was going to be scary but really he was quite amusing I didn't really understand the ending but it still deserves five star and I recommend this to 8-18 year olds because it will be hard to understand for 6&7 year olds
on 28 February 2013
Just finished reading this to my 6 and 9 year old as a bedtime story. Nice length to cover over 2 or 3 nights. Girls fascinated by prospect of a boy with no knees and have tried this out in various places which has left us giggling. We're not into monsters but Fing delighted us. Illustrations are great too.
on 18 March 2013
This modern fairy tale is great for people with as big imagination and brilliant for people that like people nearly getting eaten by pygmies. It is funny when great aunt lipstick falls into the river but happy ending. I wish I had a friend like fing. :):):)::):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):).
VINE VOICEon 21 February 2013
Loved this short tale about Fing! My 8 year old son enjoyed it too - I thought Fing was going to be a bit scary..... but it wasn't. It was just a lovely book about a little boy who needed a friend.... and found one in an unlikely place.
on 23 February 2013
This book is very entertaining and its a book you can't put down till you've finished it I would rate this book 5 star rating
I would recommend this book to be available in schools because children of all ages would really enjoy