on 16 January 2013
Neat little box of matches which will light in pretty rough conditions. They stay alight long enough to light even the most recalcitrant stove or fire. Tucked away in my "Just in case" this pack could make all the difference. I may never use them in earnest - but at this price foolish not to have them.
on 12 April 2013
I tested these in the garden while it was wet and windy and they worked well. The tubs are not THE best quality with only a pop on/off lid so they are not water proof, but a bit of duct tape solves this. For the price these are excellent quality, but buy a couple of tubs so you can practice with one before you need them!
on 8 October 2014
These matches really let me down the one time I needed them. The striking paper is glued to the outside of the container so on the day my lighter got too wet to use the atmosphere was so wet the striking paper was damp and just got chewed up by the matches. Furthermore the wood is too thin so the matchsticks broke while striking. I have since tried to light these in a drier environment and did get one to light by holding it by the red tip (the match doesn't burn explosively like smaller matches so I had time to move my fingers further down when it caught. The burn time is short but it would be long enough to light a stove. If you do buy these (or if you own some but haven't used them yet) then make sure you peel off the striking paper and store it inside the pot.
on 27 August 2013
Useful back up for camping. Good long burn. Compact size.Perfect for easy storage in the car or rucksack. Will buy again.
on 30 September 2013
They are extra large waterproof matches, in a water tight container with a striker on the side. Have tried them out in typical English weather (windy & wet), the flame caught, and stayed lit.
on 8 March 2013
These are almost as good as the military issue ones but only a third of the price
Simple as that!
on 1 February 2013
This doesn't work like traditional matches, you don't get a neat little flame, instead the inflammable coating will burn in an energetic quick flame that can defy strong winds.

So don't count on this matches to illuminate you or to light a cigarette, they burn fast and with a lot of heat, this is intended to be used to lit something else like a camp fire or a candle, not to wander in the dark like in a horror movie.
on 17 May 2015
Bought these for my son for his d of e walk. He said the striking paper had got ever so slightly damp and had come unstuck from the orange container and when he did manage to light one it burnt so quickly that he had to quickly drop it for fear of burning him self.
So tryed for my self, luckily I chose to strike one stood next to the kitchen skin, no sooner had I lit it it had burned back through the thin wood and if I had not of let go when I did then I would of been burnt.
So all in all I would not recommend these at all. Will be throwing the rest in the bin.
on 17 October 2013
There is always the danger in an emergency of lack of heat or being able to start a camp fire. The matche are large enough to give a good flame and being waterproof will certainly add to ones confidence in a long hike/travell.
on 6 May 2014
Not wind proof the 'reaction' continues without a flame when the head is gone the match goes out, they will not strike when wet but will dry out the striker is on the our side which is also useless when wet, they are the safety type so will not strike on any rough surface, the container is also not water proof and the lid could come off in your rucksack. Having said all that they are cheap so put them in a proper container with the striker inside safe and dry.